SC3 Raph vs SC4 Raph

kingbastek

[08] Mercenary
Oh...My...God!!! I never played Raphael in Soul Calibur 3, but I just went back and looked at his movelist on that game and I dont even know if I wanna play him anymore because of how much they ruined him compared to that game. Why the hell did they take away so many options?! I would have loved to have the Advance Step, the REAL Strotigii Envelopment (sp?) where he can evade all horizontals, and all of his prep options that they took away. Ok, I can understand them taking away the Strotigii Envelopment since it would have been a little cheap against some characters that rely on horizontals mostly, but come on! What is the point of that new teleport he has. Its basically an invitation for the opponent to just mash BB and hit Raph before he has any chance to do anything with that pointless stance. Now dont get me wrong, I like Raph, but I wanna hear from people who played him in SC3 and what they think about the changes they made to him in this game.

Oh...My...God!!! I never played Raphael in Soul Calibur 3, but I just went back and looked at his movelist on that game and I dont even know if I wanna play him anymore because of how much they ruined him compared to that game. Why the hell did they take away so many options?! I would have loved to have the Advance Step, the REAL Strotigii Envelopment (sp?) where he can evade all horizontals, and all of his prep options that they took away. Ok, I can understand them taking away the Strotigii Envelopment since it would have been a little cheap against some characters that rely on horizontals mostly, but come on! What is the point of that new teleport he has. Its basically an invitation for the opponent to just mash BB and hit Raph before he has any chance to do anything with that pointless stance. Now dont get me wrong, I like Raph, but I wanna hear from people who played him in SC3 and what they think about the changes they made to him in this game.

??
The fact that can he could multi evade back in sc3 (trade off from being able to beat mixups in sc2 with 1 move) made my mouth water, especially seeing it in one of the earlier sc4 trailers.

Prep stance got buffed a lot in terms of offense (prep stun combos + pressure) so his unique defence moves got reduced badly, pretty much down to redundant auto-TC in prep, auto step against mid verts, and 44B.

I dont get the teleport myself, as it's more gimmicky than applicable. Me thinks a combo of teleporting and auto-evades are in the works in sc5.

me and holy force were talking and we think 44B should be able to be canceled into back dash

any way he had so many stances

4A+B was the sex in SC3 with its
4A+B A being an unshakable stun

6BBBB in SC3 could be done with out going to prep and was not a free grab on block

prep was buffed so what it still isnt that good

and a correction on the AE dodge

it dodged all but horizontal mids it even dodged verticals

patch 1.04 please give us something

Bring back auto-evades! SC3 Raph's auto-evades evaded A attacks with A+K and B attacks with B+K. It also dodged kicks depending on if they were circular/horizontal (A) or linear/vertical (B) but then I believe they removed the ability to auto-evade kicks in the arcade version. Looks like they wanted to nerf AEs some more, so that's probably why we have only VE and Prep/SE now.

Most of his moves that ringed out have been changed. His 22K and 1K don't ring out anymore, 2A+B is forward-right or something, and 33KB requires a just frame. 22K and 1K even covered his left and right side ROs.

imo if raph had the ability to ring out he would be broke prep bbbb takes people half way across the ring

Hilde anyone?

I miss auto evades and being able to oki someone to death with 236B. He really is just garbage in this game it makes me so sad. You cant play from range the way you used too. 22A+B is gone as well.

At least 22B and a+B in this game are way better. VE a should be mid mid.

edit 236 A+B, omg why did they nerf this!!!!!!

I think I prefer SC4 raph to SC3 raph...though the 66A+B, BT B, 33KB combo was the shit...

I've always had an exceptionally aggressive Raph style...this game makes that work a lot better (though ROs are a thing of the past).

I miss auto evades and being able to oki someone to death with 236B. He really is just garbage in this game it makes me so sad. You cant play from range the way you used too. 22A+B is gone as well.

At least 22B and a+B in this game are way better. VE a should be mid mid.

edit 236 A+B, omg why did they nerf this!!!!!!

i am not aware 236 A+B made it to SC4

i am not aware 236 A+B made it to SC4

Haha, yeah, last night when I was playing I threw one of these out just to doublecheck and make sure there wasn't a hidden 11B option about which I did not know...

I got 66A+B instead...which isn't too bad of an accidental move.

I could make a very long list of things that I miss from Raph :-( Mostly the RO potential in SCII

oh well...gotta do what we gotta do now.

Back