SC5 Amy Gets Nerfed!!!

ZOMBIEBEAR666

[09] Warrior
OK, she probably won't get downgraded that bad, but this is one of those "lets talk SC5 buffs/nerfs" threads... So any ideas of what to change in terms of making her better or worse for SC5 can go here!!! HOOAAAAH
  • Less SCD, if they replace Criticals then I don't mind how it is...
  • 2B+K more punishable...
  • Decrease B+K and A+B impact windows...

increased 2B+K's block stun so you have more time to react, and its more unsafe if whiffed.

considering the followups, I don't see why 6B and 6BB are + on hit. If they were even on hit they'd still be a threat.

Lastly, why does 3A tend to un-align the opponent ? It's not like she's astaroth or nightmare swinging their giant weapons.

3A doesnt need to tech crouch, she doesn't need a freaking mid to multicover step and throw after getting something blocked

remove 236K:A pickup after 2B+K, it's completely unnecessary and makes her edge/wall pressure way over the top

that's all that really needs to be changed. while she tends to take a lot less effort to perform well with, i dont really feel that she is as broken as most people say

She was but only slightly:

3BA punishable with i12-i13
6BB 0 on hit
less damage from 6:6B

Imo they should also remove tracking from 1A.

You mean remove the stun on NH from 2B+K, you guys suck at balancing.

And her auto gis need be repels instead of parries, which means green flash instead of blue flash, which means you can re gi the follow up attack.

Remove stun in NH 2B+K like KingAce said.
Lower tracking from 1A and 8wr A+B.
Add all her nerfs from SCBD

She doesn't need to be nerfed majorly. Possibly decrease the active time on B+K and/or make it more punishable and make 1A less powerful (Possibly slower or not so rewarding on NH).

Getting rid of her AGIs and or making them less effective would be enough for me. Without those I really have no complaints.

But perhaps making some of her key tools (33B, 66A+B, 3BA) unsafe or just less on block would be nice too.

While I agree that online she is absolutely unbeatable, offline she is no tougher than say Voldo IMO. While I would welcome nerfs to her, she really isn't all she's cracked up to be. You don't see her winning any major tournaments anymore do you?

^Problem is, she is all she's cracked up to be... And, its scary to think about how good she is when used at the highest level, well this goes for the rest of the cast, but Amy stands out... The tools she possesses are fast and/or safe (hard to punish if punishable), her damage is limited but her mixups make up for more than that...

On another note, maybe this is too much, but reducing her SHK stun on 1KA would be a good nerf, at least so she can't combo or at most combo with 6BBB... Right now that SHK is +16, garaunteeing 66B as a combo, even though a high, while being +4 on grd is too good not to consider downgrading it a bit... There's also a block trap, being hit by 1K means you have to block the followup, catching a crouching opponent with it during a mixup continues her offensive, if they duck the high than great for them, they'll get a good punish... The damage in the combos after 1KA(SHK) are scaled already (not sure whether this was the case pre-patch), and then it was left alone thinking 1KA was mediocre or something... If Amy gets nerfed in other areas, I could see this move becoming more of a staple tool...

kinda an old post. but i believe 1KA isn't that bad cuz no one will just throw out her 1K you know. and it's pretty easy to duck the ''A'' after the 1K. but yes, i do believe they should do something about her B+K. even though i dnt use it. and slow down her 1A just a bit it is very unsafe on block? like -21 or something? and this coming from a person who doesn't read frames. :P lol and lastly her 2B+K should have something done about it. maybe a replaceable move? she's pretty predictable now with this day n age.

Well, doesn't look like she's really even in SC5, Viola is so much different, we'll just have to wait and see the rest of the cast now...

Back