SC5 Zasalamel

Do you want Zasalamel in SC5

• Total voters
Of course. Zasalamel is a pretty cool character and it would make sense for him to make an appearance because not only does he have the ability to reincarnate but also because he is the poster man who uses a scythe type weapon so it would be a shame to not see him.

I'm betting if he does return, he'll either....
1. Age, since that is what's involved in reincarnating.
2. If he dies sometime during SC4, he'll reincarnate into a 17 year old male, or female, whatever the ethnicity, because he/she has to be born for him to reincarnate.
OR....
3. He'll not appear at all, and his style will be a CAS style. That's if he fulfilled his task on SC4, which was wanting to discover the present time.

2. If he dies sometime during SC4, he'll reincarnate into a 17 year old male, or female, whatever the ethnicity, because he/she has to be born for him to reincarnate.
OR....
3. He'll not appear at all, and his style will be a CAS style. That's if he fulfilled his task on SC4, which was wanting to discover the present time.
All those are very valid speculations in my opinion. = )

I swear, I'm going to laugh at the people who harp on the custom movesets if Namco brings them back in a future SC game only they have refined it and dealt with the brokeness where it turns out the moves are more fluid and not so broken and the very same people who bitched about it change there minds.

Just to throw this out there, almost all the time, in fighting games, there will always be something broken.

Reactions: Sha
I don't play him often.
However, in SC III is very good of him played. Little harm would be if it gave up.

OR....
For what it's worth, I think you might be overestimating the importance of storyline in this. Gameplay is the #1 priority, Zassy very well may still be alive as we knew him, and won't return, "just cuz." Personally I'd like to see him return, since I always did want to try using him but never got around to it. That said, the chances of him or his style returning are a lot slimmer than some may think IMO.

Well.. "Africa" is one of the locations in story mode from the leaked video thats now blocked on Youtube so..things are looking good!

For what it's worth, I think you might be overestimating the importance of storyline in this. Gameplay is the #1 priority, Zassy very well may still be alive as we knew him, and won't return, "just cuz." Personally I'd like to see him return, since I always did want to try using him but never got around to it. That said, the chances of him or his style returning are a lot slimmer than some may think IMO.

The overall story does serve importance in my opinion, or else we wouldn't have people like Patroklos and Pyrrha, the fact that it is 17 years ahead of the former game, Namco wouldn't have hired other people to make the story, and there is a reason as to why Namco made the first trailer with the flashbacks, besides just getting people hype about the game releasing. In addition, that's one factor as to why fans do not like SCIV, among other reasons.

But back to the whole Zasalamel SC5 discussion, I never said he wasn't going to return. I was speculating it as a possibility. If he does return, he may still fight like his former self, but people do need to know that reincarnation=/=immortality. There are huge differences.

With no Soul Edge shards in his body/blood like Ivy and Maxi do, Zasalamel will age, unless Namco takes the "black don't crack" phrase to their advantage. lol

Back