SC6 wishlist. How would YOU design it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on and comparing to SCV...

- Perfect the server quality and fix lag issues.
- Add more stages.
- Keep the depth and fix the imbalances.
- Add more character styles and bring back some favorites. (Amy for example)
- Larger variety of character customization w/ fixed hit box issues.
- Better story that can be played with any default or custom characters.
- Additional training tutorials that can be accessed at any time.
- A ranking system that records and shows you how well you did on the fight.
- Online lobbies that allows you to pick a custom or default character and walk, run, challenge and speak to others.

- Bring back and make more modes. Examples:

- Survival mode that stops and gives you health between matches.
- Onslaught mode with no stops or breaks in between.
- Chronicles of the Sword offline and online up to 8 players.
- Custom stories that other players can play and rate.
- Tag Team matches online and offline.
- Handicap matches offline and online (1v2 and 1vs3) where the solo player gains extra power.
- Ranked and recreational tournament rooms with up to 8 players online and offline.
- Online and offline challenge mode with several challenges that players can do solo or co-op.
- One-Hit Wonder mode that ends the match after the first hit connects. Continue until you lose and difficulty gradually increases.
- Custom rule matches (high damage, low/high gravity, no ring-outs, etc.)

Stage Creator:

- Make a small, medium, large or infinite loop stage to your liking.
- Have a variety of pre-made themes to choose from such as castle, forest, beach, cave, space, dungeon, ship, prison, desert, temple, city, etc.
- Add holes, traps and obstacles to add a dimension to your stages such as swinging axes, pitfall ring-outs and rolling barrels to jump over, etc.
- Use any songs available in-game and/or DLC.

Jared The Killer (JTK)

Edited for typos and clarification.

Last edited:

- Add more stages.
- Online lobbies that allows you to pick a custom or default character and walk, run, challenge and speak to others.

- Handicap matches offline and online (1v2 and 1vs3) where the solo player gains extra power.
- Ranked and recreational tournament rooms with up to 8 players online and offline.
- Online and offline challenge mode with several challenges that players can do solo or co-op.
- One-Hit Wonder mode that ends the match after the first hit connects. Continue until you lose and difficulty gradually increases.

Stage Creator:

- Have a variety of pre-made themes to choose from such as castle, forest, beach, cave, space, dungeon, ship, prison, desert, temple, city, etc.
- Add holes, traps and obstacles to add a dimension to your stages such as swinging axes, pitfall ring-outs and rolling barrels to jump over, etc.

Jared The Killer (JTK)

Here are some of my ideas...
http://8wayrun.com/threads/what-do-...ages-would-you-like-also-custom-stages.17736/

Reactions: JTK

- Add more stages.

Stage Creator:

Jared The Killer (JTK)

These are some nice ideas. The stage creator looks like an added welcome, but the whole thing with traps and obstacles, remind me too much of Mortal Kombat: Deception. Other than that, it's great.

If they do SC6, they NEED to bring exhibition theater back.

As for the old characters like...
Taki: She can return but with new weapons. Either sais or a kusarigama.
Talim: She can ally with Yun-Seong
Yun-Seong: He can be serious this time like Hwang.
Zasalamel: Perhaps he can pass on his weapon to someone else
Cassandra: Patroklos' aunt as she looks after Pyrrha's own being while helping her nephew.

New characters. How about:
- A new knight: Lance
- Male Ninja: Kusarigama
- An Egyptian warrior: kopesch
- A Chinese warrior: chakrams
- A samurai: Meteor hammer
- A new warrior: Steel Fans

One of the characters I'd love to see:

Bangoo:
rocSBEart2.jpg
rocSC1end2.jpg
138px-Rockcon1.gif
313410864.jpg
Since Rock is probably not returning in Soul Calibur VI,it would be great if they added his adopted son.At least that way Rock will still be in his story line.

Bio:
Bangoo (バングー Banguu) is Rock's adopted son. He lost his parents in tribal warfare and was the only native to develop a relationship with the "White Giant" during his first years in the New World. Eventually Rock took Bangoo as his son and raised him. Being kidnapped by the Fygul Cestemus sect to serve as bait to bring Rock and take his soul, he was rescued by Rock and settled in Europe. After four years, he decided to go on a journey to prove his manhood, so he embarked back to his native land.
So his storyline could be that he's after Fygul Cestemus,his kidnappers, or something.

Fighting Style:
Boomerang.jpg
Bowarrow.jpeg
Boomerang + Bow & Arrows.
I think this style would fit him well.
Using a Large Boomerang as a 'main' weapon to slash and swing the opponent with.
A Bow & Arrows as a 'special' weapon,not used as much as the boomerang,but used for a few ranged attacks (including :UA: or :GC: ),and also used to complete some combos, + Critical Edge,and Brave Edges.

They could do what Dead or Alive 3 or Street Fighter 4 did in the past and used saved game files from previous series for more content. For Ex: When they make SC6 and you have saved files of SC4 and SC5, you'll have special bonuses that will be implemented in SC6 Such as : returning move sets for creation. stages that appeared in the past games, new weapons, the remaining CAS DlC that was supposed to be in SC5 but didn't make it, a finished story line/bio of characters of SC5, free dlc parts that were in SC: lost swords, and even character concepts that didn't /did make it for the original character.

I would like to see the ability to change the look of my weapon but keep the original moveset. Like obtain various materials in a certain game mode, so that we can forge unique and stylish weapons.

More CAS parts.
  • Hair, shoes, armor etc, similar amount of parts of what we had in SC3
Broadened story for the main charcters.

More Culturally and ethnic characters.

And Lastly return of Chronicles of the sword.
  • Some people will completely disagree but I liked it for many reasons. One I learned to never ever give up and practice my skills more. Feel good to have earned my armour and cas parts. and also I thought it was cool to have a story for your very own character which was thought ful in my opinion. :) lol CoTS got me into RPG's and games with character creation.

I have a list over things that I would love to have in SC6, but im not sure it's even a point of putting out such a list, much because of Rise of Incarnates.
I have a feeling this game is going to be the next "soul calibur"/"tekken", since both teams are working on the game.

Or is this just a game beside Soul Calibur/Tekken?

Last edited:
To name a few little suggestions not regarding actual gameplay (and some larger ones near the end):

- Slip out stage (had tons of fun with my friend on this stage with randomly created characters and unlimited health).
- More Intro/Win quotes (in SCV each character only had a few apparently.. They got old soon).
- Ability to slow down the replays (in SCIII and SCII you could slow the replays down by pressing X (or G??)).
- I don't think the endless stages are a necessity. Interactive stages are alright. The important thing is that they are beautiful/atmospheric/interesting/fun...
- Training mode similar to the one in SCIII where Olcadan explains the mechanics of the game. After you complete all the lessons, the character you completed them with gets a weapon (can't recall the name, but they were all silver and purple and had no effects I believe).
- While I'm at it, an unlocking system similar to SCIII where you get different weapons/artwork/costumes/CAS pieces depending on the game mode you play. I like it better than the leveling system in SCV.
- Actual Story Mode for every regular character, once again similar to SCIII. Each character gets an intro story, some sort of 'adventure diary' before and after each stage, a few interactive cutscenes, ability to make choices, multiple bosses and two endings.
- Regarding the Story Mode, it would also be cool to add some NPCs you could only meet in certain cases, and perhaps they change the gamplay in a way (for example: Doppelganger, Charade (SCIII), Miser, Arthur, Night Terror...) Also, other NPCs like Fu-Ma Ninja, Pirates, Knights (that also includes NPCs from SCV).
- Personally, I also liked the Shops in SCIII.
- I prefer 'history book' feel (the one found in -- you guessed it -- SCIII), to the 'glowing-dark-cathedral-ish-magic-scary' feel of the SCV (that includes menus, pre-fight VS screenes etc.)
- Ability to play with randomly created characters, BUT this time please enable colors of equipment to change randomly too (in SCV I believe all randomly created characters had equipment of the same default color of each respective equipment piece).
- Instead of more than hundred of Japanese symbols that function as tattoos and stickers many people probably don't understand, I think it's better to include more of the diverse stickers and tattoos.
- The voice pitch raising/lowering in CAS was badly done in SCV, at least in my opinion. Instead of the voices being simply higer or lower when you alter the pitch, they also became robotic and sometimes inaudible. It shouldn't be that hard, you can do the same thing with free audio editing software... :/
- Now this one is a bit more important: no more characters disappearing without explanation (I believe story is one of the strong points of SC) and appearing out of nowhere. Or perhaps they can [appear out of nowhere], but we should be able to find out more about them progressively through the Story Mode (looking at you Viola and ZWEI).
- Perhaps a new character wielding a 'steel fan', or 'grieve edge', or 'tambourines'... Either as a regular or a bonus (bonus figting styles are always welcome, but of course they should be balanced and complete).
- :sc4cas1:
- Algol with some clothes on?
- Some fun modes that alter the gameplay in a way (for example, SCIII had a Mission mode that was a collection of various, I'd call them, mini-games, like Sudden Death Rally (the first character to get hit dies), fighting the Colossus, the one where the stage is turning, and then the one where hitting the enemy spawns gold coins on the stage, etc... SCII had Weapon Master, which also contained some previously mentioned 'mini-games' (plus weak gravity stages, falling through the sand stages etc.), as well as dungeons).
- Perhaps some kind of mode with a series of enemies simultaneously on the stage you have to fight (perhaps with an ally). For example, if your character swings their sword, all enemies that touch the sweep, including ones behind your character will get hit, similarly to the Scenario Campaign mode from Tekken 6.
- A mode similar to The Chronicles of The Sword.
- A mode where you can create a story for created characters. You can write the prologue, the text before and after each stage, set which characters appear at wich stages (including other characters you created yourself. Also you can choose at which stages a random enemy will appear) as well as their costumes and weapons, maybe also their stats (for example you can make an enemy have larger/smaller health bar or stronger/weaker attacks to make the gameplay more varying/challenging). Also the ability to set the number of rounds for each stage. There could be a few generic endings, and you can choose wich one your character will have. At the end, you can share your created story, and download other people's stories, along with the characters (NPCs and the one you're supposed to play with) that come with it.

Obviously, I don't expect a game to have ALL of these, because that would be stretching it. But those are just suggestions anyway. Hopefully, at least some of them will be included in the new SC.

Sorry for any grammatical/stylistic/spelling errors, and for the extraordinarily large post. :)

Last edited:
I would like to describe Hilde of my dreams

- Make her CE give RO near the edge. Remove damage scaling if near the wall
- After her A+G BE throw - give her a chance to RO with followed move, e.g. make 6K be i16 to make such RO possible
- 66B is MID
- 3K and 66K pokes unpunishable even on JG (-12)
- give her K moves chargable properties. e.g. C3K - debugger with combo follow-up or gives RO forward, hits grounded
- remove her slow BB with spear and give her normal BB with sword like Pyrrha, Pat has
- Make her 2B animation and properties of WR B
- Give her a vertical long range debugger like Nigtmare`s 1A
- some justframe stuff - e.g. a:B or B:a to be i10 punish or launcher
or C3B:A for more damage
- A+B to be i22 (now i25)
- make her 4B like Mitsu has
- 22B to be i25 and TC during all animation
- make her 4 level charges to be 6-7 seconds, but nerf damage for C4B

- fix hitbox glithches that make her throws and 3K wiff when opponent Sidesteps (voldo, pat)

Last edited:
I mean,for example,change her C1 :A: into :2::3::6::A: instead.
Or her C2 :B: into :4::1::2::3::6::B:.:B:[Just] or ...something.

If that'll make her too strong,then reduce dmg or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back