SCV Ivy Video Thread

He doesn't have to finish it, he can use A+B (WAIT) 1{B}B/1B ~ 6B8.

I know it's better frame wise but I catch a few people with that ^

Btw what is WR 1B? You mean FC 1B?

He doesn't have to finish it, he can use A+B (WAIT) 1{B}B/1B ~ 6B8.

I know it's better frame wise but I catch a few people with that ^

Btw what is WR 1B? You mean FC 1B?

You're right, it's FC 1B.
And you don't HAVE to finish it but if you don't, you have to be lucky that people use a high against you, which isn't always the case.

You're right, it's FC 1B.
And you don't HAVE to finish it but if you don't, you have to be lucky that people use a high against you, which isn't always the case.
Actually, I find that most people continue blocking and wait until your completely finished.

Which is why I buffer CS during A+B... =P
Ah yes, be careful with that. Most players anticipate this. Plus, if they block low to block the second attack which they are anticipating then using CS will probably miss.

About this

This is few weeks late but I watched about 3-4 of you matches before i had to leave. I think this style your working on is similar to what i said very early on about ivy in sc5. I agree with you on 1_2_3 B+K being decent wiff punishers but also think they can be applied as form of SG damage after proper set up and conditioning. I think you can do this through a combined use of 6[B ]2_8, 1A and 214A~G. Thought i dont think this can support Ivy entire gameplay it is a portion of what i feel her whole gameplay could look and play like.

Ah yes, be careful with that. Most players anticipate this. Plus, if they block low to block the second attack which they are anticipating then using CS will probably miss.
Well, that's when you throw in mix-ups... You know as well as I do that even if you buffer, doesn't mean that you have to actually perform the move... Study the opponent, if he's more entailed to defend himself against it, then don't do it...

Well, here's a new one.
I was a bit out of practice and my inputs were sloppy, but I think I've gotten a bit better.
I land the combo I've been developing at 1:21, but I miss with the last hit.

A couple of things... what were you doing at 0:25? It looks like you were caught by surprise and just stood there.

After hitting CH 3[A] you can get 9AB, .
When you poke with 6, don't use 8_2 unless you confirm them moving. Also, the right whip (2 if you're on the left, 8 if you're on the right) will whiff if you're at range 2+ If they're walking to your right and not on top of you, its best to not do the extension.

Your finish with CH 2AB 3BK (charge) B was an interesting setup. I'm not sure if its worth the guaranteed damage though.

It's better to finish that combo @ 1:21 with 6b8.

I really need a capture card. I need some advice about my game but my camera is shitty.

If you have online matches, you can go to the replays, export them to your PS3, then upload them to youtube via the video editor.

It's better to finish that combo @ 1:21 with 6b8.

In my training mode practice, I was doing more damage with 8A+B
But I keep whiffing it now.
This must be some kind of character size issue. Hm.

I just want to share this one because of how many times I land bK in round 4.
I think I've finally figured fighting against Z.W.E.I. out.

Really helps to know someone with a good recording setup. :)

Warning: FT10 (long video)

This is the Ivy playstyle I've been working on. It's quite unorthodox with zoning, constant backdashing and liberal use of 1_2_3 B+K. I'm finding that this move can be a great whiff punish and spacing tool sometimes (great to get back to neutral when blocked), and there was no other better char to test this against than Pat. Again, this style is not perfected (nor am I sure its preferable to Ivy's close range shenanigans) and this is online (albeit a good connection) but its how I'm currently adjusting to 1.03.

Feedback/comments would be really appreciated, thanks!

PS: yes I know I was free to 236AB all day. :( Need to learn how to jG Pat.

nice, glad to see your still loyal to Ivy! whatsup with the B+K move so much?

nice, glad to see your still loyal to Ivy! whatsup with the B+K move so much?

Thanks!

Which one? B+K or 44B+K?

B+K is a staple for me (and I think should be for every Ivy) because of its guard meter damage and nice NH combo.

44B+K is something I've been messing around with. Not a lot of people use it, for good reason. If they know how to step it, its pretty much nigh unusable 90% of the time. If they don't however, it guard breaks in SEVEN. Not to mention, on NH (the rare times it does hit on NH), it can combo up to 99 damage with no meter.

Look out though because B+K is easily JG and punished.

I have not seen, nor could I consistently jG B+K even in training mode on reaction. I had more success jG-ing Mitsu's 4B on reaction.

But still, even if that's the case, I find that in a match, a player has to earn it. If you can jG something, then I'll stop using it. If not, well.... >:]

According to my testing, you are at -22 if the opponent JG the last hit of B+K. However, he is pretty far from Ivy, so most generic 3B's won't connect. Especially when B+K was blocked at tip range of the first hit, or only the second and third one were blocked.

According to my testing, you are at -22 if the opponent JG the last hit of B+K. However, he is pretty far from Ivy, so most generic 3B's won't connect. Especially when B+K was blocked at tip range of the first hit, or only the second and third one were blocked.
This means Dampierre can probably punish it with 623B, then. Hilde, Algol, and Elysium also get CE punishes, and maybe some other characters.

Back