SCV Ivy Video Thread

Nofacekill3r

[11] Champion
..::IVY WEB THEATER::..

Please post the new videos in this thread. Let's not create a new one for every new video that emerges.​

SC5 Stage Demo (Ivy part at 11:30)​

Comic-Con footage (Ivy part at 6:00)​

Ivy looks like she has only one visible Sword state, even though it can extend into coiled and whip state as well. She looks as if she won't be as good in SCV.

A universal input motion for CE attacks? I would have thought they would have at least given a unique command to each character for such an attack. I'm not bitching, just voicing my opinion and it looks like Ivy does only have one state in this game so far, which I'm not fond of. I like having more than one state and having to switch between them for complexity sake.
It now means that if she stays like this, any noob can just pick her up and play with her. The three sword states made you work hard to master her because you had to switch between sword states to get combos with her. Now, she'll be as easy to play as Sophitia..

It now means that if she stays like this, any noob can just pick her up and play with her. The three sword states made you work hard to master her because you had to switch between sword states to get combos with her. Now, she'll be as easy to play as Sophitia..

therell just be one state for now because there still working on her,but they said they are going to focus on 2 states in SCV,and make her easier to play as,which is really worrying me,we dont want her easy to learn,her been hard makes you comitted to learn her and makes her fun to use,we dont want noobs using her and taking advantage because shes easier to play,she wont even be as diverse,its still early days but it still looks like she is gonna suck in the new one

Please post the new videos in this thread. Let's not create a new one for every new video that emerges. Edited the first post​

My Queen!
SE A+B not unblockable and can be used from neutral. Its also faster, move against GI whiff will hurt and as a situational reset tool is good. (GB atleast means its safe).

So everyone can do ultras by spending meter? Interesting.

I like the fact that the old SE A+B is accessible from neutral, but:

- GB? The move is very slow and it's gonna be easy to GI on reaction everytime. I hope it can be canceled at least!
- this means no more SE? :-(

SE might be back. If you look at the Comic-con video, Ivy does WP 3B into what is traditionally SE 5hit JF. Remember that they have made SE-only moves accessible outside of stance in the past (SE B+K and its' variations from SC2 were made accessible in WP stance). Also, notice that the last hit is a guard break again. Guess I should actually learn how to do this move.

Hmm, initial thoughts:

1. CE... or rather, brave edge, looks awesome! However, I still think she should have her normal wtfican'tdothis throw, and just have her BE be the "easy" Ivy throw, albeit with meter use.

2. Didn't really see that much setups, so I can't say to her frame traps. However, her frames with SW moves seem as fast as ever, which is good. Her vertical WP moves still don't track at all though...

3. REALLY wish we saw a stance change. I think it's SW and WP right? One thing I would not like is if her movelist got dumbed down to 1 stance with a mix of SW and WP. That would be sad as a technical Ivy player. :(

4. I still think that having no SG is a mistake, but its still too early to call it so I'll leave this on a positive note: the game looks simply AWESOME.

SE might be back. If you look at the Comic-con video, Ivy does WP 3B into what is traditionally SE 5hit JF. Remember that they have made SE-only moves accessible outside of stance in the past (SE B+K and its' variations from SC2 were made accessible in WP stance). Also, notice that the last hit is a guard break again. Guess I should actually learn how to do this move.

I don't trust such early builds. Not sure if you played SC3, but there was a Beta version of the game that leaked just before the actual release. Namco sent it to gaming sites like IGN, Gamespot etc for testing. It was much different than the final release with really strange things like SW 2B+K being GB. All this was gone later in the retail version.

At this point it appears they only used the SC3/SC3AE "style" of Ivy. WP 3B is the same, 5hit is the same, SW 66B (SCIV CL 33B) is the same etc I wonder how many of these things will remain intact.

I think I saw Natsu bouncing off a wall; does that mean that wall jumps from SC2 will make its return?

Just some thing about the Voice acting.

Yea, it look like the same Voice actress she had for SC4/SC3. This Voice actress isn't bad.

Most of the new Ivy SC5 grunt and attack noises sound better, except for the scream. Those sound more youthful and more energetic. But the new dialog sound one dimensional. Things like "How could I lose", "Stand down" or "Know you place" makes her sounds like an Ice Bitch with no personality.

SC4 Ivy's dialog had a serious/angry tone but there was also a sense she enjoyed it. Things like "come on come on" or "Squirm". Just compare SC4 "Know your place" to SC5 "Know your place" and you'll see the difference.

So I really hope that most of the dialog now are just place holder and they will do some new recording to give the dialog more personality.

Side note: Things like "My sword, Scream" and "Destroy Everything" were actually made for SC4 but never used. If you used a hack to let Ivy use other move set you could hear these unused dialog when doing certain attacks.

I think I saw Natsu bouncing off a wall; does that mean that wall jumps from SC2 will make its return?
Wrong thread Franman...

Back