SCV: Joke Weapons?

Everyone's weapons :

2laet1t.png
333v7yv.jpg
2j193j9.png

I guess Z.W.E.I. and Dampierre aren't characters then.

lol, on a lame point, Z.W.E.I.'s "weapons" are E.I.N. variations, same way Viola has orb variations and Algol has "aura" variations.

Dampierre not being there must mean that a bulk of his data (CaS and all that's in between) must be downloaded through DLC.

I think it just means that Dampierre has no customizable weapon. (like Devil Jin)
Dampierre not being there must mean that a bulk of his data (CaS and all that's in between) must be downloaded through DLC.
Or this.

That's an impressive collection of weapons ! Thanks Kazhar !

Weird that some characters have more weapons than others... i can understand for Sieg and Night as they have SC4 alternate costumes (also Cervantes) but for the others like Tira, i'm puzzled. Oh well, they are quite good overall :)

lol, on a lame point, Z.W.E.I.'s "weapons" are E.I.N. variations, same way Viola has orb variations and Algol has "aura" variations.
At least Viola's has variations in design

It looks like E.I.N in variation is only in coloring. It would have been better if the variations were things like a tiger, a lion, or.....a lizard or even.....

Maneki_Neko.gif

Or even Z.W.E.I.'s sword had variation in design. lol

Reactions: Sha
Mitsurugi lost his "Two handed sword"?

SCV is terrible!

But I notice Mitasurugi's "No Name" is present in his (at least the weapon EM uses for him), so I assume everyone's are.

I still have to ask how Alpha Pat does iai with straight swords, and now that it is just restricted to SC, the "Magic" explanation isn't valid..

It's kinda boring that Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega have the exact same swords and shields.

Reactions: Sha
I still have to ask how Alpha Pat does iai with straight swords, and now that it is just restricted to SC, the "Magic" explanation isn't valid..

This is an extremely weird thing to be skeptical about. Speaking as someone who briefly (~2 years) studied Nakamura Ryu Battojutsu, and who has studied the academic aspects of nihonto (Japanese edged weapons) for 15 years, you are vastly overestimating how important a sword’s curvature is to iai techniques – especially when the sword is on the short side anyway. Besides which, there were plenty of nihonto with only very slight curvature. Trust me, makes very little difference, and even if it did, skilled practitioners in JSA (Japanese Sword Arts) can easily adapt to swords of varying length, curvature, thickness, tsuka shape (hilt), etc.

i made a quick picture in order to point out the lazy weapon design decisions made in SCV. And because I'm so generous, I'm not even counting weapons that were directly taken from SCIV or dual weapons that look exactly the same.

2j193j9_lazy.png

weapons_lazy2.jpg

I mean, come on! You're giving us the possibility to recolour and plaster our weapons with stamps and all and then you give us mere palette swaps for so many weapon slots? -_-

EDIT: AND I just noticed that Xiba has one of Hilde's halberds as a stand-alone weapon -_-

That's an impressive collection of weapons ! Thanks Kazhar !

Weird that some characters have more weapons than others... i can understand for Sieg and Night as they have SC4 alternate costumes (also Cervantes) but for the others like Tira, i'm puzzled. Oh well, they are quite good overall :)

that's because of Elysium. Every female character has her fight wielding a SC version of their weapons. Only exception would be Algol, not sure why. Can Elysium mimic Algol?

To be fair, Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega are still the same people, so of course they'd have the same weapons.

Can't say I really care about Cervantes and Algol, I don't know why Hilde has the same sword model for three of them, and I'm still disappointed in the first place that E.I.N. is Z.W.E.I.'s customizable weapon. Viola's orbs are quite different though; the purple one is wispy, the blue is electrical, and the orange one is fiery. I think only her 1P orb and her EM orb are kind of the same.

To be fair, Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega are still the same people, so of course they'd have the same weapons.

Can't say I really care about Cervantes and Algol, I don't know why Hilde has the same sword model for three of them, and I'm still disappointed in the first place that E.I.N. is Z.W.E.I.'s customizable weapon. Viola's orbs are quite different though; the purple one is wispy, the blue is electrical, and the orange one is fiery. I think only her 1P orb and her EM orb are kind of the same.
ok, sorry about viola, then. i haven't seen any of these in action actually but they kinda looked like colour swaps to me judging from the stills. what baffles me most is Zwei having the same sword all the time, which is pretty lame.

To be fair one of hildes is her SCIV weapon so that should stay the same
including hilde's former weapon model is a choice. a lazy choice. they could have given her both a new sword and lance but they decided otherwise. they could have dropped hilde's SCIV weapons altogether and give her something fresh. the same is true for siegfried and nightmare's SCIV weapons...and like i said, i didn't really count those in.

Back