SCV Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makatak

[10] Knight
Will the tier list be created after the first major tournament? I know there is no official list, but you know what I mean. When is the first major tournament?

frames need to be done and tested. Most damaging combos and punishers have yet to be discovered. I think it will be a while before an actual semi reliable tier list comes out. It's only been a day :P

We won't have any real idea of a tier list until several major events go by and we see what the community has found.

Initial tiers look to be pointing at SoDJ, Natsu, Cerv, and Patsuka as top. We'll see how long that lasts.

We won't have any real idea of a tier list until several major events go by and we see what the community has found.

Initial tiers look to be pointing at SoDJ, Natsu, Cerv, and Patsuka as top. We'll see how long that lasts.
Cervy? That's unexpected

Cervy? That's unexpected
Hates believes Cervantes to be a very strong character and the top French players who got the game early ranked him in A tier with Patsuka, and I'm inclined to follow what people better than me say about the game. Natsu was S and DJ was S+ in the French tier list. Here's Hate's post from the Cervantes SA:
In Brief: The Pirate's pretty darn good.

In Semi-Detail:
Cervantes remains a powerhouse of practical damage. His standard launch combo (3B, gunshot, iGDR) is approximately 75 damage, his standard iGDR combo (iGDRx2, followup of choice) should net between 80 and 90 damage, etcetera. He can effectively control space with moves like 4A (old 44A), 66A, 33A, and iGDR, thereby threatening opponents who attempt to move in on him. Up close, aB is still fast and damaging, and his throw game is still effective. His normal B throw now causes a ground stun and can be followed up with a guaranteed 2B+K or mixups. One gimmicky setup I used was B throw into 22(B), his BT unblockable. His CE is a full screen whiff punisher, is guaranteed on DC A (block), and generally reeks of overall usefulness, but at this moment his meter still seems best used for BE 4B (otherwise known as BE iGDR), which is a guard break that grants a mixup on block. Once Cervantes has a few of these stocked in his meter, his pressure game becomes incredibly powerful.

Once an opponent lets Cervantes in, his game opens up tremendously. Quickstep into 33B (old 11B) is a brutal, reliable tool to punish verticals. It also does decent meter damage, forces crouch, and feels safe. If you read sidestep, you can always get close and grab or throw out a 3A (old 3A+B). 3A causes a crumple stun on all hits now, creating great wakeup potential, and is only mildly punishable on block. Another move in the mildly punishable but useful club is 2A+B. It's mid, hits grounded, and forces crouch on block. From tip range, it's likely safe against most characters. On CH it yields WS A+B as a combo, and potentially more.

Tidbits:
1AB is unseeable, and CH 1A:B allows you to tack on an iGDR.
4aB now causes a double-over stun that allows Cervantes to get a launching 3B.
BT B+K no longer grants a launch, but it still has good combo potential. It's worth playing around with.
BE iGDR (block) creates a mixup between BT B+K and throws which is frustrating and powerful. If a throw lands, consider another BE iGDR on your grounded opponent in order to be an asshole.
11K stops step and is +frames.
aB is still disadvantaged on hit and woefully punishable on block. It also has significantly less range. That said, it remains an excellent interrupt and punisher.
CH BBB is a NC. CH 3A+B, BBB also combos.
It's harder to get yourself BT in front of an opponent, alas. Also, I couldn't find a way to rise BT without doing a move immediately.

3B = 93-103 damage combo, no meter, or you can settle for 80 and great wakes if you're feeling conservative
iGDR = 100 damage combo, no meter
33B = safe, forces crouch, tack on a free iGDR to make it 80-90 damage, no meter
BT B+K (all versions) = launching iGDR for 100+
3A = crumple stun on all hits, excellent way to "encourage" people to block your BS verts
4A = great range, seems neutral-ish on block, breaks guard in 10
4aB = free launch_iGDR into 100 damage combo of choice
aB = 40 damage now, still an excellent punisher
Dread Charge = very strong overall due to his good guard break game and the extreme damage rewards of most of its options
Outstanding backdash to set up whiff punishment
Possibly the best CE in the game; super fast, grants combos, punishes safe moves, etc.

Oh, and my best wall damage so far is 143, no meter, no JFs.

For fuck's sake, Nori, we have to go through this every game. You always want to say Cervantes blows until JOP or I teach you how to play. ;)

We'll see how these characters hold up once everyone really starts to get a grip on the new mechanics.

Hates believes Cervantes to be a very strong character and the top French players who got the game early ranked him in A tier with Patsuka, and I'm inclined to follow what people better than me say about the game. Natsu was S and DJ was S+ in the French tier list. Here's Hate's post from the Cervantes SA:
We'll see how these characters hold up once everyone really starts to get a grip on the new mechanics.
What rank are S and S+ in comparison to other ranks? Top, near top, medium, low, bottom?

Put Namco at the bottom for what they did to Ivy.

I don't know, even with everything Namco has done, I still think they place higher on the dev tier list than Nintendo of America, Capcom, EA and Activision. Far far under Atlus and Obsidian yes, but clearly not bottom.

Will the tier list be created after the first major tournament? I know there is no official list, but you know what I mean. When is the first major tournament?
I wouldn't pay tier lists a blind bit of notice untill at least a year has passed. Patches need to be done and extensive work must be done with everyone.

I wouldn't pay tier lists a blind bit of notice untill at least a year has passed. Patches need to be done and extensive work must be done with everyone.
This, though a year might be a bit too long. I'd recommend waiting a few months, until after we have some data to work with.

Remember that tier lists don't actually give you a whole lot of relevant information. You'll get a lot more out of trying to figure out each character's individual match-ups.

I read that the Future Press guide has a tier list created by "the pros" in it. Can someone with access to the guide post the list?

EDIT: Found it. Not really sure how true it is... take it with a grain of salt. Also let me know if I shouldn't post stuff from the guide on here "for free". I'll take it down if need be.

SS: Devil Jin
S: Natsu
A: Alpha Patroklos, Pyrrha Omega, Pyrrha, Algol, Cervantes
B: Patroklos, Xiba, Maxi, Ivy, Leixia, Voldo, Tira, Yoshimitsu
C: Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Hilde, Raphael, Ezio, Astaroth
D: Aeon, Dampierre, Z.W.E.I., Viola
E: Siegfried

I can confirm Yoshi being B if not C... he lost his S of Super Fun. He lost so many moves and with Tekken moves being random now...

I read that the Future Press guide has a tier list created by "the pros" in it. Can someone with access to the guide post the list?

EDIT: Found it. Not really sure how true it is... take it with a grain of salt. Also let me know if I shouldn't post stuff from the guide on here "for free". I'll take it down if need be.

SS: Devil Jin
S: Natsu
A: Alpha Patroklos, Pyrrha Omega, Pyrrha, Algol, Cervantes
B: Patroklos, Xiba, Maxi, Ivy, Leixia, Voldo, Tira, Yoshimitsu
C: Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Hilde, Raphael, Ezio, Astaroth
D: Aeon, Dampierre, Z.W.E.I., Viola
E: Siegfried

I think having a tier list after the game has been out for 3 days is ridiculous. Yes, the people working on the guide were able to do it longer, but still, you can't have a true tier list without the game being played by hundreds, now thousands, of people. That will show a true tier list.

That being said, I'm sure they are on the right track, but I know some changes will happen. I have seen some great Seigs(looks at maximillion). Yes once you learn how to deal with them it becomes easier, but I won't say he's the worst. As for Viola, I have seen some crazy mix up combos with her and it's hard to deal with her.

I think having a tier list after the game has been out for 3 days is ridiculous. Yes, the people working on the guide were able to do it longer, but still, you can't have a true tier list without the game being played by hundreds, now thousands, of people. That will show a true tier list.
Exactly why I said "take this with a grain of salt" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back