SCV Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL im not surprised
There are many players on these forums that would humiliate you in SCIV and have disagreed with you on previous occasions. If nobody is accepting your internet tough guy challenges, it's probably because a good portion of the sensible people here have you on ignore already.

Also, I've never heard of you. What is there to make me think you're any good at SCIV, or any Soul Calibur?

obvious knock at me, thanks. i dont see anything wrong with what i just posted above. at least it was well thought out and from someone who actually plays the character and knows the soul calibur series. most people here are crying or defending with no evidence to support there claims.

please break down what is so wrong with my statement if its so blatantly laughable from your expert opinion.

i did see some footage of some euros literally getting blown up by kerrigans bombs so maybe that has something to do with it?

also not a tier whore trying to blindly defend their character, natsu was who i decided on in the beginning of SCV and i'm sticking with her. talim/mitsu main in 2 and lizardman main in 3 and 4.
If you cant see what's wrong / overpowered with Natsu me posting and pointing the obvious wont help anyway.
I'd say you're in denial because you main the character.
I play Natsu just to teach others players the match-up and can still defeat a LOT of seasoned tournament players here, even some of the greatest. The character is that strong.
I'd say she have the advantage in all her match-up but Pyrrha and Omega where it's probably 5-5.

Anyway that's soon to be past story since she'll be nerfed quite hard, you'll see on Monday what's up, I've heard.

So far the only things i've heard are
- overall damage nerf for natsu
- nerf for maxi
- nerf for sieg
- buff for ivy (including new moves)
- buff for NM (although i believe that one was actually fake)

obvious knock at me, thanks. i dont see anything wrong with what i just posted above.
You are stating a list of natsu "facts" which may or may not be true. The issue isn't the verifiableness of your statements though.
at least it was well thought out and from someone who actually plays the character and knows the soul calibur series. most people here are crying or defending with no evidence to support there claims.
there is a lot of that going on.
please break down what is so wrong with my statement if its so blatantly laughable from your expert opinion.
You're listing basically a bunch of perceived weaknesses by natsu (on paper) and thus you believe her not to be too strong. What you repeatedly fail to do is not consider natsu as a vacuum. If you've actually visited other characters and taked a peek into their "perceived weaknesses" you'll quickly find that they should (rightly or not) have a lot more grounds to complain.
If this is confusing to you, then i'll simplify it: For every "hole" natsu has, the majority of the cast has a bigger "hole". Therefore, complaining about natsu's "hole" doesn't mean she's not top tier. Its all relative. If you're always comparing natsu to another top tier, then you're also missing the point. Go check out the subforums for some of the low tier characters and you'll realize how lucky you've been.
also not a tier whore trying to blindly defend their character, natsu was who i decided on in the beginning of SCV and i'm sticking with her. talim/mitsu main in 2 and lizardman main in 3 and 4.
good for you. Shouldn't have ended your post with comments about haters, as it makes you seem douche in denial.

aPat has absolutely no good stepkiller at range that doesn't leave him at disadvantage or grant him nothing.

It's easy to use that weakness to bait him into doing something like one of his unsafe step killers or his 33B so you can step/punish.

Obviously aPat is not the best or second best character in the game, because of this weakness. High level players can exploit it pretty well, so obviously he should be B tier or bottom of A tier. Not even close to S.

--See what I did there?

so we're getting a band-aid on monday that will inevitably be ripped off when there is a new top tier established and a whole new set of things to bitch about. hope this is the final patch and we dont get mortal combat syndrome where the metagame changes every 3 months.

just for clarification in my saying natsu was bottom of A tier or top of B tier, i wasnt including an S tier in my scale. i totally acknowledge that she is up there, top tier or top of middle tier. certainly one of the best characters in the game. i just dont see the need for her to get nuked, i'm with the other people saying there should be buffs to weaker characters rather than ruining a high tier character.

if it hasnt been made obvious by the 5th game in the series, the balance will never be perfect. there will always exist high and low tiers, especially in a game like soul calibur where you have characters that have such unique styles.
moving further towards homogenization of the characters is a bad thing to me.

This thread is stupid. That said, having played several thousand games and with matchup experience against everyone in the cast, I feel Voldo is high B tier. He is very linear and steppable unfortunately, but he has sufficient options to stop step. 3A is an unsafe but quick antistep, 22_88A is a safe but slow antistep with a TC, and 44A+B is a punishable but high damage antistep.

He has 22_88B combos if he steps a move and 44B, 66A+B, or BS 66B for whiff punishers. He has decent damage off his duck punish, CR AA. His wall damage and guard break damage are acceptable, albeit not as strong as someone like Astaroth, but he gets his normal damage much easier than characters like Astaroth.

He doesn't have the poke game of someone like Mitsu, but he does have 2A, 6B, FC 2B, and so forth to get the job done if absolutely necessary. He has a ton of frame traps and tech traps that are very nasty and damaging if he catches you with them. He can CE to extend most combos for another 20-30 damage, which can be a clutch way to end that last round. His brave edges are steppable between the 2 hits, but his 66B brave edge hits grounded and combos into itself if you land it on a standing opponent. His 6B brave edge is a fast punisher that leads to good wakes.

His blind stance options are great in this game. 66B tech crouches and leads to high damage brave edge combos. B+K auto-GIs into a tech trap. 2A+B is more punishable, but higher damage than in previous installments, and still goes under most character's BB attacks. His BS 6ABB series is surprisingly very safe, only -12 on block and with enough pushback that most characters can't take advantage of the -12. Granted, it doesn't save you from things like Pyrrha's A+B auto-GI combo for 59, but it leads to huge damage if it lands on counterhit so it's worth taking a risk sometimes.

At worst, he's middle of B tier.

We're getting a patch on monday? That we'll have to download to play online or something? Please elaborate

And all i know is Zwei is so bad that the "we don't even know the tiers yet" argument doesn't apply to him. He's most def low tier. He needs buffed the most. The Zwei forums are nasty but true. I invested in him, it'd be nice not to be at a disadvantage against nearly every character. There's always gonna be tiers, yes, but there's no reason for such extreme tiers. I also agree that the low tiers should be buffed instead of the top tiers being nerfed. Just makes more sense.

This thread is very funny.

More than any other SC, this game's tiers should be based on match ups... not raw observations of tools... This is because every character has some stupid point that might work magic in some matchups... so maybe.. well MAYBE - just to suggest an extreme-sounding example - raph is top tier. I don't know. maybe he can have strategies to beat all the matchups. But at the moment, I don't see a raph at that level.. and i don't think i will -- but that's beside the point.

Furthermore, the majority of the players in this thread are really weak players. Don't even know how to play the game. And even if they do "play the game" they don't play the character. So what would they know? Same applies for me.

The most we can say is that "so-and-so" does well in France, in Singapore, in where ever- you think of... or the tier list looks like this over "here".... and these are a lot more accurate.

The other way, which would be more difficult, would be the creation of a thread that only allows respected players to discuss. there will be differences still so it will take a long time... but the discussion would be less stupid than all the shit's that here. Unfortunately no one cares about Asian opinion so the thread would be mostly based on western method and experience. Which is kinda okay since Asia is kinda weak now.

TUnfortunately no one cares about Asian opinion so the thread would be mostly based on western method and experience. Which is kinda okay since Asia is kinda weak now.

Everyone but the developers and those in charge of the balance patches.

Ie: those that matter.

This thread is very funny.

The other way, which would be more difficult, would be the creation of a thread that only allows respected players to discuss. there will be differences still so it will take a long time... but the discussion would be less stupid than all the shit's that here. Unfortunately no one cares about Asian opinion so the thread would be mostly based on western method and experience. Which is kinda okay since Asia is kinda weak now.

The fact one player is good doesn t mean he has objectivity....
In fact this game was early balanced basing n tournament and tournament players...if i am not wrong.

Actually i think again namco sould take care itself of the balance...listening at what people say so they can ponder on it but then try and judge for themselves....

I just want to say that a SCV top-tier Maxi existed only in the pre-retail version when moves like AA and 4BB! were actually safe on block!

Since then, he was only downgraded and now he might be lower mid soon.

But hey, at least many SCV Maxi bandwagon jumpers shall jump of the train then.

This whole patch is a big scrub pleaser. Unfortunately who could blame ps to make their game appealing to the audience that actual brings the most of their money.
Still, nerfing sieg is one of the most fucked up bullshit i've ever seen coming from a balance patch. Why nerf a char that is low tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back