Nightmare Soul Charge Mode GS A+B.gif

Soul Charge Mode NBS A+B

Nightmare Soul Charge Mode NBS A+B.gif

Soul Charge Mode NLS A+B

Nightmare Soul Charge Mode NLS A+B.gif

Soul Charge Mode NSS A+B

Nightmare Soul Charge Mode NSS A+B.gif

This is from Maximillian's latest video

Ah SC GS A+B picks up off the ground that's pretty cool. I was using it for CH 66K GS A+B as a combo. He did miss SC GS A though.

This move's animation is irritating. There is a huge cut between the two attacks...
So lame and lazy..

No, the 1st hit of Nightmare's Soul Charge Mode NSS A+B is Siegfried's SCIII & SCIV SSH B & the the 2nd is Nightmare's A+B+K from SCIV:BD. It's a NC just like Soul Charge NLS A+B.

I haven't seen agA yet. Is it still in?

2m56s - agA is SCV Sieg's version and abA is SCV NM's. 4m01s I spam aB which Knocks down on normal hit.

Just realised I didn't do a writeup for NM because we were gonna do a podcast.

Last edited:
No, the 1st hit of Nightmare's Soul Charge Mode NSS A+B is Siegfried's SCIII & SCIV SSH B & the the 2nd is Nightmare's A+B+K from SCIV:BD. It's a NC just like Soul Charge NLS A+B.

What I mean is that there is missing animation in the transition between the two hits of the move. You can see it clearly if you slow down the video.

2m56s - agA is SCV Sieg's version and abA is SCV NM's. 4m01s I spam aB which Knocks down on normal hit.

Just realised I didn't do a writeup for NM because we were gonna do a podcast.

Thanks. Sad news, JF agA was my favourite move in SCV Nightamare's movelist.

Thanks. Sad news, JF agA was my favourite move in SCV Nightamare's movelist.

Well it's still there, just no break attack, which could be because how it causes lethal hit on GI. I did JF aGA once but we both couldn't do it again. Also agA is slightly negative on block now.

Well it's still there, just no break attack, which could be because how it causes lethal hit on GI. I did JF aGA once but we both couldn't do it again. Also agA is slightly negative on block now.

It might be in Soul Charge Mode like 6A+B Lethal Hitting after aGI.

Figured I'd make a quick post about my thoughts and what I learned from playing NM at Texas Showdown. I know im a little late and also if I repeat some things that were already known sorry I haven't read through this entire thread.

2A

So with 3K getting a huge nerf and becoming very linear I believe 2A will be his primary way to kill step upclose this time around. It seems to have been buffed. It feels faster than it was in SCV and it also hits grounded now. I found this when I comboed counter hit K into 2A. 2A always tracked really well in SCV but there was no reason to use it over 1K and 3K. Another reason I think 2A will be the primary step killer up close is that 2K(his old 1K) feels like its ability to kill step has been reduced, at least at tip range. 2K whiffed in places where it would've caught step in SCV. 2A felt much better at keeping people in check.

NLS KK

So another thing I found was that 22B transitions into NLS and near the edge it will combo in KK. This was pretty hype when I landed it on @coolcmcgee for a reverse RO. I think there's potential here for reverse ring outs from multiple angles as well as wall splats with 22B.

K/6K

So his new 5K is his 6K from older games like SCV and his new 6K is similar in that its a high over head punch but it moves NM forward for more range, is slower, and has Terror Charge armor on it. K seems to be his fastest move, if i had to guess its probably between i13 and i14. I was able to punish Sophie's 66A with it which is nice. 5K still acts like 6K in SCV in that it gives a knockdown for a followup on CH, 1A is tech trap and combos into GS B. 6K knocks down on normal hit but i dont think you can combo into it. 2K or 2A might but I didnt actually test this. On CH 6K gives you a lethal hit and I was using 1A as a follow up at first but then found that 2A+B also works and gives you Terror Charge.

CE

Though his CE was drastically buffed aesthetically it seems to have been nerfed functionally as far as I can tell. It used to be that it GIed everything on impact in SCV but now its a lot more similar to soulwave in that it has to armor first and then GI. So if a move recovers quick enough like a 2A, your opponent is able to block. This actually happened to me a couple of times. That said it seems a lot safer than other CEs on block at least.

aB

aB seems like a really good new move. It functions similarly to sieg's B6, its a good fast safe mid but is pretty linear. It also crumple stuns on hit and allows for a 2K follow up upclose. Its not as fast as sieg's B6 but its his fastest ranged mid.

Speculation

My early thoughts on the meta are that you will have to choose between Terror Charge setups and maximizing damage and Oki. For example 3B NSS aB or aGa on hit can potentially give a free soulwave for Terror Charge entry without the fear of a punish but you'll be sacrificing oki. It'll be interesting to see how things pan out .The 22B NLS KK RO got me thinking about other potential RO combos. I'm thinking it's possible that 3B NSS can transition into NLS KK for ROs and wall splats seeing as 3B NSS GS K is still a combo but is useless for damage and ROs without SC/TC. Hopefully people attending Combo Breaker will be able to test some of these things. NM still seems to struggle upclose IMO even in TC/SC, playing lame as fuck is the way to go I think.

That said here's like the only footage of NM play at Texas Showdown. It was me as NM vs LinkRKC's sophie. This MU feels the same as ever lol. But it is obviously way too early to tell how MUs will turn out. I think MU knowledge is super important for NM to do well.

WHEN'S SC6?!?!?

Last edited:
here is a little more footage of nightmare vs sophie from Texas Showdown which menace conveniently forgot
skip to 3:26

I will be attending Combo Breaker, is there anything someone would like tested in specific for Nightmare?

This will be my first time trying out the demo though, so please give specific inputs for moves you'd like me to test.

Last edited:
I will be attending Combo Breaker, is there anything someone would like tested in specific for Nightmare?

This will be my first time trying out the demo though, so please give specific inputs for moves you'd like me to test.
If you could test whether you can transition from 3B NSS to NLS KK for a combo that would be great. I think that's important cause if you cant NM's RO and wall game will have been nerfed outside of SC/TC. Fairly sure NLS' input is B+K btw. Another thing I wanted to confirm but didn't get the chance to was to see if SC/TC 66KK is stepable on block. I think @IV Wind stepped it once but I can't say for sure. Its a pretty good string for up close pressure but if you can step it, it might not be as useful.

@Schneider-X
if at all possible can you test whats optimal for 66(B) into NBS, and for A+B.
I remember seeing Stache at Final Round land Lethal Hit A+B ~ NBS B, and I'm sure his opponent was high enough to land another attack, my gut instinct is telling me either agA, abA or 2A+B is gonna be the best bet.

thanks in advance

......................EDIT...........................

could you pls compare dmg from 3(B) ~ Soul Charge NSS bAB to 3(B) ~ Soul Charge NSS A+B

I wasn't able to test out or confirm any of the things you requested Zero and Menace. There were only two setups there and I had limited time to check out the demo while also adjusting to all of the different inputs and changes.

The only two things of note from what I saw was that these may be two combos for NM.

soulcharge WR K (B) > NSS K > 2A+B is a combo

soulcharge 66KK > 6A+B (explosion) is also a combo

RE B NSS [A] might be a combo since I had it connect once on accident but couldn't recreate it. If this is true then you should be able to follow up with NSS K > 2A+B to get into soul charge.

Edit 1: Also jimmy recorded me trying out SCVI for the first time without me knowing so expect a lot of bad inputs here.

Edit 2: After watching the footage, I only play in the first match with the blue NM, the silver NM is not me since I can hear myself talking in the background.

Last edited:
Back