[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

Good shit John, it's a pity about the square gate. You know I feel your pain on that issue, lol. But yeah, it hurt to watch that Sweets/Kingace match. Sweets was looking confused by all of the Zas shit that he used to see every week, and Kingace made him look real bad. Taking the Nori match was hype though, good job on that!

I'll probably be around as early as 5:30 today for SF4. It's time to oil up.

I won't be around tonight, so i'll have to wait until the normal days to play. I'll be busy too if we have a Bonus Thursday night.

As far as the Joysticks are concerned, I think you guys should change up sticks/pad more often. I'm pretty comfortable on everything and although I have my favorites, once you play with it a while, you adapt pretty quickly. I think it helps you from developing bad habits on the control method (i.e. button binds on pad, cheating on the directionals for the stick).

sorry to hear about the control problems, but glad to hear that you guys had a blast. looking forward to hearing the stories this friday!

i'll probably be able to get to your place with colin in tow anywhere from 7 to 730 tonight cam. looking forward to taking out the .

Holla at Nori and Malice. We'll definitely be there so we gotta get some games in. Nori we definitely gotta do that. I know by then I'll have no excuses and when I win/lose there are no mitigating factors. Maybe we can get some of these Seattle boys to find the time to head down there with us...

And Tac I understand what you're trying to say and I can usually play on anything just fine. But when the games don't mean anything it's easy to ignore those few times the stick doesnt respond. But when you're in that setting and every win or loss counts that shit really shows you that you want the equipment you have, to work the way it's supposed to. Or that you have the equipment your most comfortable with so there can be no wondering if you really gave your best effort. On a side note I FUCKING KNEW I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THAT OCTOGONAL GATE WITH ME out of Ray's stick. But you live and you learn.

Sweets, like I said really look like he lost it after that Nori win. I really don't know what got into him. He was actin all moody and shit and look to just be hanging around. I can guarantee that 8 times out of 10 Sweets and I would beat that cat. He's a real solid guy as far as matchup knowledge and the like but Cam's Zas is godly compared to his.

Anyway I definitely can't make it due to work tonight but y'all let me know what y'all wanna do this week. I"ll be down to learn and watch this *sigh* game but y'all know I'm bleeding SC right now. So I NEED to get some hard SC in. But yeah I'll play some SSF4 this week but I won't be able to buy a copy for a couple of weeks. And to be honest all my spare time is gonna go to matchup defense on SC so I don't think I'll ever get very good. Either way, ya'll let me know what's up. Holla!

yeah, I hear the SSF4 sticks have a lexan plate on the top of the stick with sharp edges. You may want to take some sandpaper to that; I've heard of people cutting themselves and bleeding from that shit.

Not only that, it cracks easier than it should for an arcade stick. I expect an arcade stick to take a beating, but when I got the chance to see one live and saw the crack in the plate when it's still relatively new, I was like no. I have a TE stick and it still looks like it's brand new after a year, so if you are someone looking for one, they're selling for $100 now so you might as well get that and stay away from the SSF4 TE sticks, then use the savings to modify it.

I'm also learning SSF4 since there's nothing stopping it from being the most popular fighter right now, but it doesn't get my juices flowing like Calibur. If SSF4 was a man and I was a chick, I would be dry like sandpaper. So keep playing that Calibur and I'll see y'all in June. It's going to be a hot one.

So I NEED to get some hard SC in.

Good thing that's Zas' speciality.
====== DOUBLE POST AUTO-MERGE ======
Hahhahahahaha fuckin akuma

I just had this idea: Sean/Cam, do you think Zig and the older SC players would come out onf Fridays if we told them we were also playing SSF4? I'm wondering if they might come out for the SF but stay for the SC. It should be clear to them we're still playing SC primarily, but we were really excited about SF as well. What does everyone think? I think it might be good to be tied into a larger community, especially if we can cross pollinate players.

I doubt it. There's already a giant SF4 scene here in Seattle, so that's where they'd probably go for that. I believe Zig's more of a Tekken guy anyway.

My class ends 9:00 so Ill be there 9:30
i forgot to bring the controler with me so hopefuly some one can bring an extra one.
Vega is awsome now. Balrog is about the same as before

Sweets, here is more for you to watch. This shit is nasty. I have no idea how Mitsu can ever counter a good Ivy.

You should especially look between 3:43 and 3:46. That shit looks horrible!

Hey guys, been a while. Don't know if anybody's ticked off at me for dropping off the face of the earth like that, but... yeah, there was a long period when Mell and I were putting our relationship back together, and between that and school that was pretty much it for me.

Anyway, I miss playing with you guys. Maybe sometime I can show up?

Lol! Dion, fuck the bullshit bruh. We all know personal shit comes first. Hope everything is working out for you. No one here would ever say you're not welcome. If anybody is a little peeved it's just because we all wanna commitment but it's understandable if things come up. You wanna come through, come through. You know the place and time. Also if you wanna come over for bonus Thursday Calibur that'd be fine too. Hope to see you soon. Holla!

So you guys are still going at it weekly? Awesome! Thursdays are a little tricky with school, but I'll try for Friday. We might be heading up to Vancouver this weekend, but next week for sure. :)

Sweets, here is more for you to watch. This shit is nasty. I have no idea how Mitsu can ever counter a good Ivy.

You should especially look between 3:43 and 3:46. That shit looks horrible!
Ask Agustin, he beat Link last year right after Mashfest. I think it was ATX put up or shut up. And Link also lost to a Mitsu player at Nationals I believe (or Evo, one of the 2). Mitsu matches up well against Ivy

Hey I appreciate that bruh. I've been meaning to hit up Agustin for awhile now. He seems to be the most talked about Mitsu besides Belial.

Edit:

The gayest match I have ever seen. Cam is this really what you wanna grow up to be???

Edit #2:

KingAce said:
It was great meeting new people Greatone, LastDragon, SuperNacho nice to finally meet you guys sorry you had to run into my Zas, but sometimes that's how things roll. I hope to catch you guys next time, and bring LiesInco next time Seattle, want to mirror match the other USA Zas.

See Cam, you're famous now. The great KingAce has called you out.

Hey I appreciate that bruh. I've been meaning to hit up Agustin for awhile now.

Edit:

The gayest match I have ever seen. Cam is this really what you wanna grow up to be???

Edit #2:

See Cam, you're famous now. The great KingAce has called you out.

Heheh. That Algol was inspiring. *wipes tear from eye*. It's like watching Picasso paint a masterpiece, recorded right there on video. Now I'm gonna have to play some Algol this Friday.

Thanks to everybody who came out to SSF4 at my place tonight, and especially to Sean & Natalie, who brought root beer and cookies. It was a lot of fun! T-Hawk is waaay more fun to play than Zangief (or maybe it was the lack of Akuma & Ryu), so I may finally have found a Street Fighter character that I like. The T in T-Hawk stands for titties, in case there was any doubt.

Thanks to everybody who came out to SSF4 at my place tonight, and especially to Sean & Natalie, who brought root beer and cookies. It was a lot of fun! T-Hawk is waaay more fun to play than Zangief (or maybe it was the lack of Akuma & Ryu), so I may finally have found a Street Fighter character that I like. The T in T-Hawk stands for titties, in case there was any doubt.

T Hawk seems good but shotos may give him a hard time. T Hawk vs. Akuma might be really boring.

Thanks for hosting Cam. I'll be playing Sagat and Adon.

that was a lot of fun last night guys, thanks to cam for hosting and for pizza. hopefully we'll play some more; i need to get my stick input down so i can stop crying about it every time i play.

Back