[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

Great to see everyone at Gamebreakerz tonight! We crown Heaton the current champ, but he wears the crown unsteadily as we all will have a chance to learn the game and try to dethrone him. :) The plan is a massive ho-down this Friday at John's to really bust the game open wide. See y'all there.

The ones I remember:

David Rose(GigasBuster): Astaroth/Natsu
Cam: Nightmare/Astaroth
Rob: Astaroth
Michael L(Heaton): Siegfried
Sakai Dozier: Maxi
Brian: Maxi
John B: Mitsurugi

I don't remember any others, sorry

Hey it was nice meeting a few of you guys last night at GBZ in Auburn :)!! I didn't know there was still a SC scene in Seattle, that ISH CRAY!! I'm just glad that there are other players who are around now.

I'm always down to play if I have the time to host a session or travel and I'm serious about this game, thus far. It doesn't seem complete ass like SCIII and SCIV were.

Haha...

Anyway, I picked up a copy of SCV for the xbox so if you wanna get some games in online my handle is "Tekken Joe".

Good shit at GBZ, had fun playing you guys and exploring the game a little bit. Looking forward to more sessions, I'd be down most any time this week and I think John will probably be hosting on Friday.

You guys can add me on XBL if I'm ever online- my tag is "nurab sal".

So for anyone who can make it up north, we'll be holding Thursday Night Fights at GameClucks in Lynnwood this week from 3-10 PM. We do this every Thursday we're not doing something at Dante's. It's mostly casuals, but I'll be holding $3 tournaments at 6 & 8 PM including SCV. Let me know if you'll be attending, but can't make it until the 8 PM tourney. Rather give the SCV one more time anyways. We're now located at 3333 184th ST Lynnwood, WA 98037. Here's the Facebook events page and the topic on 8WR.

Gentlemen, GREAT fucking time last night. I'm so glad we got to meet all the new people and hopefully recruited some old/new faces to come through to our little SC scene. I'm excited by the possibilities and know we'll make this one of the greatest scenes in the country.

I apologize for taking so long in getting back to people but real life got in the way today and I am just now able to sit down and not only post here but finally get to turn my game back on. I'll be on it for the rest of the night and the rest of the week basically.

It's good to hear about all these events for my beloved series and I will do my best to support everyone of them I can. If anyone else is thinking on attending the event on Thursday let me know. I'm probably gonna chance driving out there just to show my support and show my superiority of course. Lol! If anyone is planning to go to that tournament on Saturday in Bellevue and you have room for one more please let me know. I'll even take the bus half way if need be but there's no way I can take the chance of driving all the way out there.

Now as for Friday, this week and just about every week from now until SC VI (lol) I will be hosting a session. I have two PS3's (when Sweets gets back home) and an Xbox 360. Please let me know if you're going to attend this week or will be bringing someone with you so I can set up the stations as best as I can. If you prefer one system over another it would be a help if someone could bring their preferred system and most importantly a monitor. I've got one monitor as of now and two CRTs along with an HD projector but I don't know if that lags or not. Either way, y'all let me know what is needed and we'll work out the logistics. PM me if you need anymore info or post it up here.

Me and Issac will be down at the gameclucks tourney this thursday, probably around 5ish. We'll definitely be at Greatone's house friday, and haven't decided yet on this bellevue tourney.

Sounds like this scene is gettin hype lol.

Probably can't make it to some of the events this week but I am online on XBL: yes06kin
Definitely trying to learn this game =)

Hey, if anyone can find a copy of the SCV guide and pick it up for me, I'll gladly pay you back this Friday. Someone PLEASE tell me that there's a copy somewhere here in Seattle. I checked all the gamestop stores, Target, Walmart, and Fred Meyers and nothing. Hell I even called Barnes & Noble and they didn't have it either. If someone could let me know I'd appreciate it greatly. I don't want to have to wait for Amazon or wherever the hell it's being sold at.

Hey, if anyone can find a copy of the SCV guide and pick it up for me, I'll gladly pay you back this Friday. Someone PLEASE tell me that there's a copy somewhere here in Seattle. I checked all the gamestop stores, Target, Walmart, and Fred Meyers and nothing. Hell I even called Barnes & Noble and they didn't have it either. If someone could let me know I'd appreciate it greatly. I don't want to have to wait for Amazon or wherever the hell it's being sold at.

As far as I know, it's not being sold until February 3rd, so I wouldn't sweat it too much yet. If I can find an early one somehow though, I'll get one for you.

Also, since I don't know most of you in person (since I just made an account on here), how do you guys usually communicate online for tournaments in the Seattle area?

I am on Facebook and apart of the Tekken/SF scene but I don't know how to get ahold of you guys if you have a Facebook...??

The next tournament (after the one on this Saturday that I cannot attend =/) will be at Dante's on Roosevelt Thursday Feb 16th from what I can tell.

Cam's been good about doing this, and in the future I'll help out by posting any stuff for tournaments in the local scene that I find out about. The Gamebreakerz on Mondays will be a weekly thing it sounds like, and this Saturday there's a Bellevue event; if you look further back in this thread you can find links for both, I'd repost them but I'm on lunch break.

AS FOR THE GUIDE:
My local Gamestop has them and I'm going to pick mine up after work. However, they said they could only hold one for me. If anyone wants a guide, is willing to wait until I see you Friday at GreatOne's and will be good for it with cash, send me a message about it or post here by 3:00 PM. I'm not made of money, so assuming they have extra copies I'll only be buying two in addition to the one I'm already picking up. Again, post here or message me on these forums by 3:00 PM if you want me to pick up a guide for you, but only if you will be at GreatOne's house Friday and have cash to pay me back. The first two to message me, I will pick it up for you.

I hope to see all (or most) of you Friday!

Gamebreakerz is every Tuesday. It was different last week due to the midnight release. They're always down for tournaments as long as people show.

We will be running our last monthly for a while at Dante's in the U District next Saturday, February 11 with SCV. Doors will open at 2 PM with the tournament scheduled for 5 PM. Venue fee is $5 with each event being $10. Here's the Facebook page and the topic in tournament announcements.

We'll be back at Dante's on Thursday, February 16 and Thursday, March 1 from 5-10 PM. As long as these dates work, we would hold SCV as well. Venue fee of $5, each tournament is $5 as well.

We do need help providing setups for these events which leads to my next question: do you want these events run on Xbox 360 or PS3 only or does it not matter? Please let us know. For those who can provide complete setups (console + monitor + disc), we will waive your venue fee. Just let us know here or on Facebook.

Edit: Topic added. Also wanted to make clear that we want to make sure these days work and are not conflicting with anything else, so let us know about the Thursdays.

Thursday, frankly, is an awful date for me. I'm not sure how bad it is for everyone else. Days centered around the weekends are good, Sundays for me perfect.

Back