[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

Thanks Loz, since we usually play on ps3 and my xbox controller isnt wired i have to use ps2 because it works better than ps3 pad. Thanks though, looking forward to the event!

Is SCV back? Because if it is, I'd totally drop Tekken to play it again. Or, better yet, have multiple-game sessions.

Maybe we should organize a session sometime.

John, is your transportation situation still all bad?

Yeah Cam. It's looking like that last session at Dante's was it for me as much as I hate to say it. But you guys should figure something out. Maybe a bi-weekly session at someones house. The interest in this game is still there. And from what I'm hearing we've got some big things coming through for this series. So establishing a central location where people can practice in a non competitive setting is going to be needed to stay ahead of the curve when the inevitable hoards start coming back. Y'all know how it gets when anything new comes up. I wish y'all the best really. If by chance something pops up and I can get a ride I'll gladly show up but by mid January I'm pretty much gone.

Yeah Cam. It's looking like that last session at Dante's was it for me as much as I hate to say it. But you guys should figure something out. Maybe a bi-weekly session at someones house. The interest in this game is still there. And from what I'm hearing we've got some big things coming through for this series. So establishing a central location where people can practice in a non competitive setting is going to be needed to stay ahead of the curve when the inevitable hoards start coming back. Y'all know how it gets when anything new comes up. I wish y'all the best really. If by chance something pops up and I can

get a ride I'll gladly show up but by mid January I'm pretty much gone.

wtf iz dis shit

Yeah Cam. It's looking like that last session at Dante's was it for me as much as I hate to say it. But you guys should figure something out. Maybe a bi-weekly session at someones house. The interest in this game is still there. And from what I'm hearing we've got some big things coming through for this series. So establishing a central location where people can practice in a non competitive setting is going to be needed to stay ahead of the curve when the inevitable hoards start coming back. Y'all know how it gets when anything new comes up. I wish y'all the best really. If by chance something pops up and I can get a ride I'll gladly show up but by mid January I'm pretty much gone.
wtf, you're quitting calibur?

Oh hey, there's activity in the Seattle thread. I wonder what wonderful new people have introduced themselves and are interested in playing Calibur offline!

ಠ_ಠ

Oops, gentlemen. I apologize. Me saying what I said was due to the fact that I have no transportation and will no longer be able to attend gatherings here in Seattle. When I said I was gone, it is because by the middle of next month I will have moved out of this state. Me quitting one way or another depends on how stubborn I am. The fact that I've played so long and still suck so bad is very disheartening. And now it looks like I won't really have the opportunity to learn and get any better (not saying that I ever could) due to my living circumstances.

Heaton did try to help one night which I found very helpful but as I said before, I'm a good listener but a hard learner. Things have to be pounded into my head over and over again and I can't blame him for not having the patience for that. Traveling for these things is one of my greatest pleasures, but what with my living situation being in the air around those times I can't say for sure I'll be able to go anywhere in the foreseeable future. But know that I will try.

Once again though I want to impart the message to those here in Seattle. Keep at it guys. Y'all are in good hands with Cam (he's such a G) so support the scene. Get out there and show your love. We had the longest running scene for SC4 even longer than Chicago or Philly so I see no reason why that can't continue on for this game. Just show up and good things will happen. These guys here in Seattle I am proud to call my friends. One of the greatest group of guys I know. Build it up again and I guarantee y'all will have one of the greatest times of your lives. And who knows maybe one of you can experience one of these national tournaments that I oh so love. All these SC guys are fucking awesome and I love them all. That WILL be the greatest time of your lives. Let's get it Seattle. Y'all don't need a TX boy to do it all over again do you?

Oops, gentlemen. I apologize. Me saying what I said was due to the fact that I have no transportation and will no longer be able to attend gatherings here in Seattle. When I said I was gone, it is because by the middle of next month I will have moved out of this state. Me quitting one way or another depends on how stubborn I am. The fact that I've played so long and still suck so bad is very disheartening. And now it looks like I won't really have the opportunity to learn and get any better (not saying that I ever could) due to my living circumstances.

Heaton did try to help one night which I found very helpful but as I said before, I'm a good listener but a hard learner. Things have to be pounded into my head over and over again and I can't blame him for not having the patience for that. Traveling for these things is one of my greatest pleasures, but what with my living situation being in the air around those times I can't say for sure I'll be able to go anywhere in the foreseeable future. But know that I will try.

Once again though I want to impart the message to those here in Seattle. Keep at it guys. Y'all are in good hands with Cam (he's such a G) so support the scene. Get out there and show your love. We had the longest running scene for SC4 even longer than Chicago or Philly so I see no reason why that can't continue on for this game. Just show up and good things will happen. These guys here in Seattle I am proud to call my friends. One of the greatest group of guys I know. Build it up again and I guarantee y'all will have one of the greatest times of your lives. And who knows maybe one of you can experience one of these national tournaments that I oh so love. All these SC guys are fucking awesome and I love them all. That WILL be the greatest time of your lives. Let's get it Seattle. Y'all don't need a TX boy to do it all over again do you?
Let us know if you need help getting to FR. I'll break you off some of my 1st place winnings from SCR. ;D

You've gotta look at Calibur as not so much numbers and ish and just feeeeeeel it man. Stop reading into frames nd setups and just read into people. You play Mits...just run up to people and block. Watch what they do, how they react. You get an understanding and a level of intimacy some people don't know. You'll learn what their fears are, they're strengths, they're weaknesses...then they're like, "No! Get out of my head daddy!" And you're like, "No."

You've gotta look at Calibur as not so much numbers and ish and just feeeeeeel it man. Stop reading into frames nd setups and just read into people. You play Mits...just run up to people and block. Watch what they do, how they react. You get an understanding and a level of intimacy some people don't know. You'll learn what their fears are, they're strengths, they're weaknesses...then they're like, "No! Get out of my head daddy!" And you're like, "No."
I am used to being called daddy and do so enjoy it. My main problem is I don't play enough so dont know the match ups. You gotta have character knowledge to start seeing peoples tendencies with said character. As it is right now the only character I know ironically is Leixia. Well Pyrrha, Cervy, and Mitsu too but that's it.

Back