secret of just guard

I'm sorry but I just tested your method and I have to say it's bunk as a general rule. I think your reactions are just slow and it's a method that just works for you.

Why
I'm sorry but I just tested your method and I have to say it's bunk as a general rule. I think your reactions are just slow and it's a method that just works for you.

Lol, noob talking, why won't we play a few & see who's slow... If u suck at the game my methods won't help u

Some moves comes out right away like bb, so u tap g as u see the animation when they move, some moves have a delay, example, ivy's 66a, tap g as soon as u see her arm move. Leixia's 44b, tap g as u see her coming forward after the back step

Obviously you aren't going to want to tap G as soon as you see the start up of like, a slow UB attack lol. Basically you just tap guard a tiny bit before the attack would impact, so that the JG window activates in time. If you tap guard EXACTLY as the move impacts, you won't get it.

Also very important to note that you can't hold G any longer than 4 frames if you want the JG window to activate. 4 frames is NOT a very long time, you've really got to lightly tap that button.

ps kenhowe and kimosabe fight me irl. I'm real mean grrrrrrrrrr

This is alright for somewhat fast moves. Average human reaction time is 12 frames, spend 3-4 frames pressing g after that, then the 6 frame window afterwards would catch a good number of attacks.

I do it somewhat the same way that OP does it, except I think of it as tap that 'G' once forward motion of the weapon begins.

In other words, during the attack animation, you want to hit the guard when the weapon begins it's contact movement.

E.G.

Pyrrha's 66B: She raises her shield above her head and then brings it down, you want to hit the G just as she is about to bring the shield down.

Pyrrha's 4B: She brings her shield back and then lunges it forward to hit you. Tap that G as she begins the lunge forward.

That's generally the way that I do it, and I've gotten so I can JG Pyrrha's "Check Skill" move list in training mode over 90% of the time (including her CE). The hardest one is the stab, because she just sort of lunges without telegraphing it AT ALL. BUT there is a little flash of light just behind her head when she is about to lunge. If you time your G tap with that flash, you should get the JG.

Another thing, for the low just guards. It is 2G, but you need to TAP the G and HOLD the 2. Don't tap both, remember, HOLD the 2.

I even had the testicular fortitude to attempt JGing online (once. lol) and I managed to do it against...Siegfried, I believe. Using my preferred method. So it does work, you just had to be ready, you can tell if you hit G too quickly because if you hit it too soon, you will get hit and if you hit it too late, you will block.

Tap g as the animation of the attacks begins for normal moves, same principle apply to UBs & charge moves, but u have to wait a bit for the charge, its that simple, forget all the frames bs, don't make it harder then it suppose to be.if you wait till right b4 the attack hits & press g its 2 late, again, tap g as the attack animation starts.

I think this complicated it. It has nothing to do with the animation, just the point of impact.

If you can tap G just before you're hit and let go quickly (within 4 frames) you'll have yourself a JG.

The better you know the animation, the better you can time it. Go into training and set the cpu to repeat a move on you. After you adjust to its impact timing you will be able to JG that move 80% of the time.

Now, whipping one out in a match is a whole different matter...

For those of u still doubt me,
, its not a instructional video but i taught the other guy how & when to jg, enjoy

An actual video explaining Just Guard (JG) would be golden, actually.
- What JG is.
- Why it's useful.
- How to execute it.
- When to JG.
- When not to JG.
etc etc.
I'm a noob and everybody is on about this Just Guard business and I'm so confused...

Nice supergirl outfit btw. Where is the emblem from the chest though?

Why

Lol, noob talking, why won't we play a few & see who's slow... If u suck at the game my methods won't help u

After reading this entire thread, this comment is bullshit.

You took a page and half to try and explain your method of JGing while 2 other people had to decrypt your terrible explanation of your methods. He obviously didn't understand what you were trying to say (and honestly, I didn't expect ANYONE to) and you assumed that he was a "noob" and "sucks at the game" for pointing out that it didn't work for him.

Seriously, calm yo bid.

After reading this entire thread, this comment is bullshit.

You took a page and half to try and explain your method of JGing while 2 other people had to decrypt your terrible explanation of your methods. He obviously didn't understand what you were trying to say (and honestly, I didn't expect ANYONE to) and you assumed that he was a "noob" and "sucks at the game" for pointing out that it didn't work for him.

Seriously, calm yo bid.

Well, arent u smart? Not... Every1 i showed the method to that listened worked, if it doesn't work 4 u means u can't follow simple instructions. I won the Iowa monthly sc5 tournament on 2/26, the result is on shoryuken.com, I think I know what I'm talking about, u don't jg a unblockable on luck... Plus I explain everything in 2 short paragraphs, its ppl like u who won't listen make this post this long

I do it somewhat the same way that OP does it, except I think of it as tap that 'G' once forward motion of the weapon begins.

In other words, during the attack animation, you want to hit the guard when the weapon begins it's contact movement.

E.G.

Pyrrha's 66B: She raises her shield above her head and then brings it down, you want to hit the G just as she is about to bring the shield down.

Pyrrha's 4B: She brings her shield back and then lunges it forward to hit you. Tap that G as she begins the lunge forward.

That's generally the way that I do it, and I've gotten so I can JG Pyrrha's "Check Skill" move list in training mode over 90% of the time (including her CE). The hardest one is the stab, because she just sort of lunges without telegraphing it AT ALL. BUT there is a little flash of light just behind her head when she is about to lunge. If you time your G tap with that flash, you should get the JG.

Another thing, for the low just guards. It is 2G, but you need to TAP the G and HOLD the 2. Don't tap both, remember, HOLD the 2.

I even had the testicular fortitude to attempt JGing online (once. lol) and I managed to do it against...Siegfried, I believe. Using my preferred method. So it does work, you just had to be ready, you can tell if you hit G too quickly because if you hit it too soon, you will get hit and if you hit it too late, you will block.[/quote

Low jg, tap 2 & g at the same time, u don't have to hold 2

...insult insult insult Every1 i SHOWED the method to that listened worked, if it doesn't work 4 u means u can't follow SIMPLE instructions.

First, you failed to actually SHOW anyone in this thread how JG. Secondly, your instructions were far from SIMPLE, but very vague and misleading. You used the incorrect terminology trying to explain your method and then proceed to be a snide prick when people questioned your intended meanings. That's like me trying to sell you a car that you think is a Corvette that obviously is a Geo and when you noticed I say "LOL THAT'S WHAT I MEANT. SHUT UP NOOB DON'T DRIVE A CAR."

I won the Iowa monthly sc5 tournament on 2/26, the result is on shoryuken.com, I think I know what I'm talking about, u don't jg a unblockable on luck...

OMG YOU DID?! THAT MUST MEAN YOU CAN EXPLAIN THINGS CORRECTLY!

First, you failed to actually SHOW anyone in this thread how JG. Secondly, your instructions were far from SIMPLE, but very vague and misleading. You used the incorrect terminology trying to explain your method and then proceed to be a snide prick when people questioned your intended meanings. That's like me trying to sell you a car that you think is a Corvette that obviously is a Geo and when you noticed I say "LOL THAT'S WHAT I MEANT. SHUT UP NOOB DON'T DRIVE A CAR."

OMG YOU DID?! THAT MUST MEAN YOU CAN EXPLAIN THINGS CORRECTLY!

Ur a moron.

Back