secret of just guard

The problem is not seeing that it is advantageous , but doing it on a 360 pad , it's pretty damn hard to do!

Yeah its pretty hard but not impossible, im playing on pad to...but after a while i got get used to it.
Just keep playing.

has anyone been able to JG all 4 hits of tiras GS 66B~BE?.

Jg will automatically guard all the hits for a move with multi hits, so u only have to jg the first hit. But for some odd reason, I haven't yet be able to jg tiras 66b BE ever...

Um...No it doesn't. You have to Just Guard all the follow up hits to her BE too. I just got the first hit of GS 66bA+B+K, the others have to be done the same way.

Um...No it doesn't. You have to Just Guard all the follow up hits to her BE too. I just got the first hit of GS 66bA+B+K, the others have to be done the same way.

Ok... If i jg natsus 66k, thats a 2 hit move,, it does jg both hits, like I said, I haven't yet jg tiras 66b BE in training mode, ill just have to tested I guess...

has anyone been able to JG all 4 hits of tiras GS 66B~BE?.

Ok... If i jg natsus 66k, thats a 2 hit move,, it does jg both hits, like I said, I haven't yet jg tiras 66b BE in training mode, ill just have to tested I guess...

Sorry for the quality. Was taken with my cellphone on a crappy old TV. It's probably a window after a successful jG that subsequent attacks are also just-guarded.

yeah i was able to jg the first 3 hits quite eaisly, but for some reason the 4th hit is really inconsistent for me, the jg timing in this game feels really odd.

the first 3 are quite slow and the last hit is a tiny bit faster.

Well, i guess u have to jg every hit separately... My bad, good luck doing that in an actual match though, & if u did, ur opponent probably will rage quit lol

Well, i guess u have to jg every hit separately... My bad, good luck doing that in an actual match though, & if u did, ur opponent probably will rage quit lol

Realistically you're better off getting used to jG-ing JS 66B BE, GS 66A, and her gimmicky shit like Updraft B.

This afternoon I tried the method kenhowe described, and I have to say that works great... at least in Practice mode, but in just few minutes I made more just guards than in all hours I played since now. I hope my skill in just guarding will increase enough to be able to use it in game.

This afternoon I tried the method kenhowe described, and I have to say that works great... at list in Practice mode, but in just few minutes I made more just guards than in all hours I played since now. I hope my skill in just guarding will increase enough to be able to use it in game.

Thank you! I'm glad some1 can follow simple instruction! I originally wrote this because all the other post don't explain how to do jg. Everything is about "you have to press g & release within 4 frames". & I didn't see any good player who knows how to just guard say anything. Maybe they wanted jg to be a secret so they can always have an edge in battle. I thought I would help level the playing field by helping more ppl learn jg. Too bad not every1 is willing to listen.

While KenHowe lacks eloquence (as well as basic grammatical and literary ability) his method does work. I spent a good ten minutes in Training mode with Astaroth vs Nightmare (and a bit of Pyrrha).

Would take video but I'd have to hold cam in one hand while I do so (possible, but annoying).

It's been clarified before but let me try to reiterate: when an attack begins it's forward momentum towards your character all you need do is tap guard once. As a Third Strike player it feels weird because the window to Just guard feels really big and really small all out the same time, almost like it rewards you for doing it early as opposed to "right before the attack connects". I believe this is because of the 4-frame window of activation by pressing the guard button as opposed to SF3 parries and Garou just guards in which you can press forward (parry) or back (just guard) at the right time and hold it and you'll still get the successful command (for the initial hit, of course). In SCV it feels like you're almost tapping the button and "setting" the JG state which occurs a fraction of a moment after. I've cycled through all of Nightmare's "Check Skill" attacks and verified this method on all (minus the Flapjack) of the moves, including those that hit multiple times and the supermove (critical edge). Though, I don't know if it's because of the speed of Nightmare's particular [Check Skill] successive attacks I could not get this method to work for blocking the first hit and attempting to JG subsequent hits; I would either get another block or get hit. I know that slower attacks such as Astatroth's A>B can be Just Guarded after blocking the A but I feel it's because it's slow; will need to test more.

TL;DR: KenHowe's method works.

Not sure if this helps but on attacks such as Mitsurugi's AA, this is as simple as tapping G when you see the weapon trail. On fast multi-hit strings that has to be JG'ed manually, you can JG the first hit like that, and then to JG the second hit just tap G again right when that FIRST hit actually connects (and get JGed).

What kenhowe describes is basically taking advantage of the 4-frame input window and the 6-frame tolerance frame in synergy.

I'll try to explain. Let's take Mitsurugi's A. The move is i13, but you won't actually see the weapon trail until let's just say the 5th frame (I don't know the actual data for this because it's not on the frame data list). Now I don't know how fast you can "light tap" a button, but if you have done a JG before, then you know that you need to let go of the G button in 4 frames after the initial button press. Let's just say that when you tap G, you kept it pressed for 3 frames. So if you tap G when you see Mitsurugi's weapon trail (assuming perfect reaction time and input speed), then G would NOT be on pressed state anymore on the 9th frame. Now the 6-frame tolerance kicks in, and on the 13th frame you would still be on the 5th frame of the JG tolerance.

Of course there are many variables here, the actual attack used, the player's reaction speed, and the time it takes for the player to actually press the button. That last variable might be overlooked but it shouldn't be for tight executions. For example I input faster on stick (sanwa buttons) than on pad. So for doing a move such as Nightmare's 4K BE:B, I have to start pressing the button earlier when I'm using pad.

By all means though, this post is not saying to JG EVERY ATTACK by watching the weapon trail, because on some attacks the weapon trail comes out very early. Refer back to kenhowe's and Xeph's discussion on the first page for a better tip if you understood this post.

as an asta player i hate you all

freakin being the damn test dummy so you can learn jg

i say if i hit you i should hit you none of you turning ghost and punish for not DODGEING!!!! (go team 4 star)

Back