Selling my Old Computer and Monitor...

Jaxel

Administrator
Now that I have a new computer... I need to get rid of my old computer. When I bought my old computer, it was "bleeding edge"; beyond top of the line, a computer for "enthusiasts". Even though its about 3 years old now, its still an extremely powerful computer; more powerful than most computers out there. New computers these days are weaker, but have multi-cores... my new computer is actually weaker than my old computer, but it has four-cores instead of the one of my old computer. So this old computer is essentially an extremely powerful single-core beast.

I have cleaned up the computer, formatted the drives, installed a new copy of Windows XP SP3 and loaded it with a complement of useful software... including the software to capture video in the format I have grown accustom to with my match videos. I have also cleaned it up physically with a whole bunch of compressed air and stuff like that. I'm asking $400 for this computer; and it can only be purchased in person; I will not ship a computer as "heavy" as this one.

Computer Specifications: ($400)
I am also selling my computer monitor. Its the absolute most perfect monitor for gaming you will ever find. Its a SuperBright DiamondTron CRT Flat Screen monitor (NEC's highest class of CRT monitors), so it has an extremely high range of colors (displays 12-bits of color), as well as having zero input delay since its a CRT. While LCD monitors need to be purchased for specific reasons (buy a TN Film LCD for gaming, by an VA/PS type LCD for graphics), this CRT is one of the best monitors you can get for both. Its great for gaming, great for movie watching, and great for graphic designers.

I swear by CRTs for these reasons alone, but as I am no longer a computer gamer, I am finding the need for such an advanced monitor waining. As I am no longer gaming on my PC, I am ready to take the leap for a SVA LCD monitor. NEC has only ever released ONE monitor better than this one; and its exactly the same exact monitor, but with 2 USB ports added to it. This was a $600 monitor, only 2 years ago... so I am asking $200 for this gem; and I will also include a free DVI adaptor. This same monitor still goes for $300+ on Amazon.

Amazon.com: NEC MultiSync FE2111SB 21" CRT Monitor (Black): Electronics

Monitor Specifications: ($200)
This monitor, just like the computer, is very heavy. Both items must be picked up in person.

I'm interested in the pc . . .
I see a 6 pin firewire port on the rear of the motherboard, but is there a 4 pin port also? And would the pc have a box to be carried in upon purchase?

• Admin
4 pin firewire? No... but an adapter for it costs like $1...

As for a box... umm... no... the thing is a beast though, doesnt really need a box.

I'm too lazy and the pc that I'm using (a "digital studio" I bought in 05) has a 4 pin on the front and 6 on the back. I ask about a box because if I do end up buying it, I'm gonna have to walk through NYC late at night with something that doesn't look cheap out in the open, exposed to the elements. Now if there was a way I could get a ride back home, that would increase my willingness to buy once I get my new quarterly budget complete.

A cheeseburger and a dollar. Final offer. And that's only if it comes with the little DDR knockoff thing in the picture.

Ok so I already PM'ed you Jaxel and the first payment can be sent out by Thursday so you better accept this deal because I dont wanna hear any jew-nazi excuses outta you.

I'm now selling both the computer and the monitor for $300... if anyone wants it. Its been sitting in my garage collecting dust.

Back