Seong Mi-na Combos

fukou_da_man

[12] Conqueror
To get you started, here's some simple combos you can do with Mina to get you started.

LEGEND
T! = TIP HIT
LS = LINGERING STEP

LH = LETHAL HIT
JF POGO = 8B+K : B : B

3B/WR B/9B (damage based off 3B)
~ 3b:K ~ 3B (48, easy)
~ 6 ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (59, moderate) (6A+B ender will ringout to the left, not guaranteed on Voldo, Maxi, Astaroth, Siegfried, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, and Talim. Can Ukemi Trap with 3B or 44A)
With meter:
~ CE (76)
~ 6 ~ 3b:K ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (for ringouts to the right, 6A+B for ringouts to the left) (damage sucks, this is for ringouts)

T! 3B
~ 66(B) ~ 1B (68, most consistent)
~ 66(B) ~ 66A+B (69, won't work at max range
~ 66(B) ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (82, works near a ledge or wall)
With meter:
~ CE (82)
~ 66(B) ~ 6 ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (82, can ringout, will do a bit more if they ukemi)
~ 66(B) ~ 6 ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ CE (88, because we're crazy as hell and like 10 damage CEs)

22B
~
66(B) ~ 1B (63 damage, most consistent)
~ 66(B) ~ 66A+B (65, close range)
With meter:
~ CE (77 damage)
~ 66(B) ~ 6 ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (74 damage, ringout, can whiff at tip range)

WR B+K
~ LS K ~ 1B (81)
~ CE (88)
~ 6A (right side ringout)

44B
~ WR B+K ~ LS K ~ 1B (77 damage)
~ 66KKK ~ b6 ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (83)
~ JF pogo ~ BT B+K ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (89)
With meter:
~ CE (89)
~ 66KKK ~ b6 ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (89, ringout)
~ JF pogo ~ BT B+K ~ CE (97)

Lethal hits:

LH 44A
~ 3B ~ 6 ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (58)
~ T! 3B ~ 66(B) ~ 1B (63)
~ JF pogo ~ BT B+K ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (71)
~ 66KKK ~ b6 ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (67, only works up close)
With meter:
~ CE (74)
~ JF pogo ~ BT B+K (CE)
~ JF pogo ~ BT B+K ~ 3b:K ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (72, can reverse ringout)

RE B
~ 44B+K (slight hold) ~ delayed BT B+K ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B

LH A+B
~ 44B+K (slight hold) ~ BT B+K (delay) ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (142)
~ 44A+B ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (108)
~ B+K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (109)
With meter:
~ 44B+K (slight hold) ~ BT B+K (delay) ~ CE (150)

LH 44K
~ JF pogo ~ BT B+K ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K)

GUARD CRUSH COMBOS

LH 44A+B is guaranteed off of the following guard breaks: 22K, 44B and 46A+G(B). There may be more.

LH 44A+B
~ 6 ~ B+K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (103)
With meter:
~ 44B+K ~ BT B+K ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (137)

Needless to say, break their guard! PM me with any suggestions/upgrades. Wall combos soon.

Here's a video showing off some of the combos and more.

Last edited:
I believe combos which can be ended with 66(B) ~ 1b can also be ended with 66(B) ~ 66a+b for slightly more damage but i need to test it more

The 66[b+k] combos look suspect. I know they hit when I set the AI to roll. But if you set them to just block, they can block it. Is my timing off or is a no tech instant guard on wake up a new mechanic in this game?

If they are just blocking it, you are just doing it too slowly. Which specific combo is giving you trouble?

These are great! It helped me extend some series I was using. I want to add that, for some nasty ring outs, I've been using 6A after the big launchers such as 22B. It's simple to do, too.

The one that gives me trouble is the pogo jf. I can only sometimes do the first jf, and never the second one.

Anything after bt b+k and 3k:B
Well, to give an example. Like I said, 6 ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B is character specific, so make sure you're not doing it on one of the characters it doesn't work on. After BT B+K, I didn't really test all the characters but if you do 3b:K ~ 66(B+K), that may be character specific too. You can just omit the 3b:K and do 66(B+K) too. My only issue is that when you're somewhat off axis, the last hit can whiff.

Wall stun, 6B+K, 66B+K, 8A+B best wall combo damage I've found.

Wall stun, 3B, 66KKK is more oki oriented can follow up with:

-66A does decent damage and leaves you in FC in their face. Been using it to get a command grab wall reset.

-2BB puts you back at optimal range.

-6B+K for the damage.

@fukou_da_man, when you say the basic 66B+K combo out of the standard launches isn't guaranteed against various characters, which part isn't guaranteed? I'm assuming you mean the 3b:K, which does seem to work fine if you condition yourself to delay slightly and aim for the feet. I've only been playing a couple of days though, so I could be mistaken.

@fukou_da_man, when you say the basic 66B+K combo out of the standard launches isn't guaranteed against various characters, which part isn't guaranteed? I'm assuming you mean the 3b:K, which does seem to work fine if you condition yourself to delay slightly and aim for the feet. I've only been playing a couple of days though, so I could be mistaken.
66(B+K) just isn't a true combo there against some of the cast. They can do an ukemi to avoid it.

I recorded the 3B, 3b:K, 66B+K, 8A+B in training mode but when i set the recording to play the 3b:K always misses me, anyone knows why is that?

Edit: i wasnt inputing the microstep forward... But I want someone to test if it works on back tech since thought my findings i think the third strike of 66B+K can be evaded with back teching (tried it with both myself doing it and ukemi settings, and recording it and teching myself)

As I try more and more combos I always get the 66B+K miss after the 3b:k, i find it to be unavoidable after the B6 though so needs more testing, or I am missing something - doing something wrong

Last edited:
Does 66KKK after 44A LH only work at closest LH range or on certain characters? The 66K isn't connecting at most ranges and sometimes the second K whiffs on Mina.

Does 66KKK after 44A LH only work at closest LH range or on certain characters? The 66K isn't connecting at most ranges and sometimes the second K whiffs on Mina.

It is range specific. I ignore it for that reason and stick with more consistent followups

Back