Seong Mi-na Combos

I came back to see how to fit 44B+K.

"LH A+B ~ 44B+K (slight hold) ~ BT B+K (delay) ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (142).
LH A+B ~ 44B+K (slight hold) ~ BT B+K (delay) ~ CE (150)
RE B ~ 44B+K (slight hold) ~ delayed BT B+K ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B
LH 44A+B ~ 44B+K ~ BT B+K ~ CE ~ 66(B+K) ~ 8A+B (137) "

Thanks for the goals, Fukou.

I can't get the BT B+K combos to work. What characters are you testing this on? I'm testing it on Mina and it's not consistent.

I can't get the BT B+K combos to work. What characters are you testing this on? I'm testing it on Mina and it's not consistent.

I'll post a video once I can pull off a combo. Heck, I'm not even conditioning for Soul Charge mix up yet, much less combos with special links. RE B. 44B+K. (BT) BK ~ ect is likely where I'll start. Happens more often than the others. Gotta make that punishment worth the wait.

Anyone got an SC 88\22 A.A.A.A juggle?

I'm finding certain characters can ukemi right to escape 3B ~ 6 ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K). Nightmare, Seigfried, Astaroth, Talim, Mitsurugi and Cervantes so far. Also, even with the micro-dash, I'm finding I can usually escape the third hit of 66(B+K) with any character by using a back ukemi. Is my micro dash too micro? Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited:
Yeah I said that earlier too and no one else bothered to test it reply on it... Im not sure if Im making something wrong, or if all the 3b:K stetups are back techable making it essentially a tech trap instead of a combo

You have to delay it properly. It flips them up really close to Mina. It's consistent, I promise.
I'm finding certain characters can ukemi right to escape 3B ~ 6 ~ 3b:K ~ 66(B+K). Nightmare, Seigfried, Astaroth, Talim, Mitsurugi and Cervantes so far. Also, even with the micro-dash, I'm finding I can usually escape the third hit of 66(B+K) with any character by using a back ukemi. Is my micro dash too micro? Can anyone else confirm this?
Yes, it is not a natural combo against the entire cast. I made sure to list that next to the combo. As far as them escaping via back tech, try waiting until they get closer to the ground before you do 3b:K. It knocks them down a bit closer when you do. In most cases you shouldn't even need to dash if you wait long enough.

:)

Yes i also got this, seems like not doing 3b:K increases the damage, because of less scaling.
Also the BT B+K delay is tricky, i think it has to hit exactly when the opponent hits the floor after 44B+K, visible by breaking floor.
Then BT B+K launches high enough for CE to fully hit and somehow also does a few points more damage.

Also works for:
LH WR B+K, 44B+K, BT B+K, 66[B+K], CE.
For 159 damage. Really hurts for whiffing 1 throw.
Here the same timing of BT B+K allows 66[B+K] (input as fast as possible) to fully connect and relaunch for CE.

Tested vs Mina.

But i'm afraid the precise timing it requires does not make it very online friendly xD

Last edited:
Um, to give y'all an idea of what I'm actually testing (still not "there" with the high dmg combos above).

...66B+K or 3AA
:Into auto crouch

wrB+K or sc1KK (pause)
:these can be left alone for retreat or B.G canceled into each other. B+G works.

B or A+B, or B+G. wrB (cocky).
:The stance B should combo, but I'm trying to get used to low vs BA overhead situations.

Trying to get her stance down. 5 entrances, 2 that can lead into each other and 9A+B.G has been the stubborn piece.

If y'all could drop some hints as to where to put 9A+B, I'd love to see that it can be optimized. The whole thing is risky and silly. And on lesser notes, 46A+G B is just an alt throw aligned with her guard crush or?

What I’ve been doing lately since I’m trash and can’t do all these crazy newfangled jf combos you youngsters can do after 44A LH is 66[B+K], 6A+B. Can’t be ACed, and it puts the opponent right at T! 44A/3B range. You can also 1B~G into throw/FC mixups as well.

I'm a bit exhausted to find the best combos because Mina's combo starters can connect a lot of good damage moves.
Anyway, I found some flashy combos:
WRB > 4A+BAB(58)
9B > 4A+BAB(65)
(LH) A+B > JF Timing 4A+BAB (Damage 80. It seems not ACable.)

Last edited:
I'm having difficulties consistently landing the 3b:K follow-up after 44B+K -> back turned B+K in various situations (LH wr B+K, LH 44A+B, LH A+B, etc). It looks like the launcher property changes if you hit them RIGHT before they hit the ground. Has anyone else had difficulty with this timing or just me?

You can see it in Fukou Da's video at 3m 26s here:

Yea, The different timing of (Air Hit)44B+K will change the distance and altitude for next combo follow-up.
1) I think 44B+K have to be a shallow or middle hit.
2) BTB+K must be shallow hit. It will bring the body closer to you.
3) Just do 3b:K or maybe you need to do [6](slight step)3b:K.

Edit: Nice found! I didn't know that the shallow hit BTB+K will bring the body closer. =)

Last edited:
A little while ago I compiled, to the best of my ability, optimal follow-up combos for all of Seong Mi-na's guard breaks. Here's a link to my spreadsheet.

The TL;DR is:
  • Mi-na gets LH 44A+B off four buttons: 22_88K, 44B, 66[ B] from most ranges, and 46A+G [ B].
  • Mi-na gets WR B+K off eleven buttons: 3B, WR B, B6, 66B, 7_8_9B, 1K, WR K, A+B, 9A+B ~ B, 6B+K, and LS K.
  • The rest of the breaks are a mishmash. There's a big group for which the optimal follow-up is various 3B combos.
  • Try really, really hard not to break with 66A+B.

If you find a better combo for anything or I've missed a button, please let me know.

One note: right now, I'm recommending you follow up LH 44A+B with the B+K route in all (meterless) cases. This is because it's now nearly identical meterless damage to the 44B+K route, is easier, and leads to strong oki more reliably.

Last edited:
4KB
As of this patch, Mi-na gets a combo when she successfully autoGIs with 4KB. As far as I can tell, it leaves her +18 on hit, meaning we can get:
  • 8A+B
  • 6B+K
  • A+B+K
6B+K does slightly more damage than 8A+B but seems to drop on some hurtboxes. I recommend 8A+B for meterless combos unless you're trying to ring out perpendicular to the edge. Actually, whether 8A+B or 6B+K works better seems to vary by character and slightly by situation, because Soulcalibur is chaos! Do your best!

46A+G [ B ]
If Mi-na connects with either strength of delayed 46A+G followup, she gets a combo:
  • Partial hold: 66[B+K]
  • Max hold: 3KK 66[B+K]
And then you can do whichever 66[B+K] follow-up you want - 6A+B, 4A+B A B, oki A+B, etc.

Last edited:
Back