SG Damage Ranking for all characters

How many times do you do 4A+B / 4BB / 66BB if it didnt do any SG (well actually you use 4A+B for he aGI). The SXS transitions do make it possible to complete strings though, and i can see 44B being used a lot.

I can only speak for raph, but most of this SG raping moves are moves he'd use regardless.

I hear you, I use raph too, and he dmg sg without even trying, with X I have to make up a game plan or go out of my way to damage the SG. If im playing someone thats just trading hits with me, or playing really stiff, I def. throw some SG dmging moves out there, and I usually get them in the red really fast if I put my mind to it.

I def dont think X is hanging at the top with the SG ballers, but to put her at 19 when she has tools to break your gauge really fast, and safely i think is unaccurate is all

I hear you, I use raph too, and he dmg sg without even trying, with X I have to make up a game plan or go out of my way to damage the SG. If im playing someone thats just trading hits with me, or playing really stiff, I def. throw some SG dmging moves out there, and I usually get them in the red really fast if I put my mind to it.

I def dont think X is hanging at the top with the SG ballers, but to put her at 19 when she has tools to break your gauge really fast, and safely i think is unaccurate is all

well where do you think she belongs then ? 10? 15 ? 20 lol ?

Afterall, it's one thing to disagree, its something else when you can rectify a problem

Alex, I'm more then happy to adjust the list, but I want more statistics to back you up.

You said some of her moves break in 5.5? This has got to be bogus...I don't know ANY MOVES that break that fast, and if so, why isn't she top 5 best CFers then?

More information, more sources, more back up, and I'll readjust the list.

Ruiner

Alex, I'm more then happy to adjust the list, but I want more statistics to back you up.

You said some of her moves break in 5.5? This has got to be bogus...I don't know ANY MOVES that break that fast, and if so, why isn't she top 5 best CFers then?

More information, more sources, more back up, and I'll readjust the list.

Ruiner

I can see X being easily able to finsih people off when they are flashing red, but he did state that he'd have to go out of his normal game plan to get them flashing red.

I can see X being easily able to finsih people off when they are flashing red, but he did state that he'd have to go out of his normal game plan to get them flashing red.

Thats becus I dont play that way, im more rush down and evasive X player doesnt mean we all play like that. If i wanted to be a SG X player i could easy, fast and safely.

Anyway Just retested these to be sure, other X players back me up please:

4B6B = 5
4A+B = 5.5
4BB = 5.5
66BB = 6
11BA 6.5
44B = 8
A+K B+K = GB and Non GB version 8
3B+K = 10
2_8 5 B = 10
1B+K = 10
FC 3B = 10

....5 hits...o_o...

I'm way too busy with Paramedic school to rush over to my boys house so I can't test this data myself....like Alex said, can any other X player back him up?

I still don't understand this, X players need to drop some knowledge: IF X HAS THIS MANY MOVES THAT CAN BREAK IN 5/6....Why aren't X players going out the woodworks talking about their terrific SG damage?

Raphael doesn't have ANY MOVES that break that quickly, and you'll always see us Raphael boys trash talking about our impressive CF game...because Raphael isn't that good and we have to spot light all his strengths.

So where's the X CF damage rage? o_O? I demand ANSWERS!

Most of the moves near the top of that list are not central to her game. Watch a vid of a skilled X and a lot of those won't come out except under fairly specific circumstances. On the other hand, most of Raph's best SG stuff is bread and butter.

I apologize for arguing about the X data, I don't understand now why I couldn't accept that, it was tested and true.

Astaroth apparently has good SG damage moves, but their all easily Evadable, GI'ble, Stepped, etc. on reaction.

I apologize for arguing about the X data, I don't understand now why I couldn't accept that, it was tested and true.

Astaroth apparently has good SG damage moves, but their all easily Evadable, GI'ble, Stepped, etc. on reaction.

You can basically boil it down to 2 things

1) Raw SG damage

2) Applicability of said move, compared to other alternatives to win

If the characters has a good RO game, good grabs, or good lows, they might not just stick with their SG strong moves. Pretty much anytime someone blocks a move, they could have been threatened by asta's enormous grabs.. so it's not an explored facet of asta's gameplan simply because his grab game is too good to forfeit.

That's one of the things that makes Raph's SG useable, simply because his RO game is weak but most of his bread and butter moves do strong SG damage. Sieg is pretty much the same. b:4 is a solid option after a number of set ups and the SG damage it does is monstrous, to say nothing of staples like SCH B. Mina though is probably the best example of staple moves that do great SG damage. 44_66A+B and all the others add up pretty quick.

Hilde even has a couple of moves with surprising decent SG damage, but compared to her doom combo stuff they just don't stack up so you never see them.

Okay guys, updated the chart once again.

Soph is now above Raphael because though Raphael has strong SG damage, It's alot easier to evade/GI/interrupt then Sophie's options.

Hilde, X, Algol moved up

Taki and Talim moved alot further down.

asta gauge game went in the 1.03 patch.

4A going from breaking in 8 to 50+...

Mmm.... Yoshi not being in top 5 is the proof that just a few Yoshis know how to take advantage of this...
7 "4KB", 8.5 "44B+K", 10 "4B, 66A+B, 9B+KK, 9B, and several more"... But the good thing about some moves that Yoshi needs to mixup in order to break SG, is that they give frame traps.
Maybe Yoshi past unadvertised in this department cause he has good mixups, and combos, so he rarely win by a CF, but whenever I`m fighting a solid defense, these moves can make pressure on the SG.

lol @ all the others that doesn't put amy in top 5.

you all are looking at the SG game all wrong, it's not a metter of how fast the SG gague breaks, it's how well it can be APPLIED with his/her regular game....

grant it, it's not retarded like other characters...but amy's cannot be ignored.

lol @ all the others that doesn't put amy in top 5.

you all are looking at the SG game all wrong, it's not a metter of how fast the SG gague breaks, it's how well it can be APPLIED with his/her regular game....

grant it, it's not retarded like other characters...but amy's cannot be ignored.

Belive me, back in 1.02 when 44bA break SG in two against specific chars, it counted, and he mantains very good tools.
Agreed, Amy is top in this departmen too, and I`m not getting wrong the idea, is just that I`m not totally depending on SG crush, I mix these moves regulary, but against people that I know that play defensse very well, my Soul Crush strat is more agressive cause I know that`s gonna pay, but against someone that prefers to rush on you, I`m going for more interrupters and fast moves until he stop rushing on me.

Amy has tools, and Yoshi too, if most of the yoshi players doesn`t know how to implement these, it doesn`t mean that he can use those effectively.

I`m an Amy and Yoshi player, I`ll give adv to Amy in this department, and Voldo being no 1 with no doubt.

Back