Should Algol Be Banned

Banning Algol From Tournaments?

• Yes, ban Bubble boy. And All his sheninigans.

Votes: 86 41.3%
  • A partial ban. Ex. His bubble Shield.

Votes: 20 9.6%
  • No, ALGOL BANS YOU!

Votes: 102 49.0%

• Total voters
I think it is ridiculous that Algol is banned. Who exactly are the people making this decision? I really hope they are competent and that I am completely wrong. I think in time people will see how foolish and rash they were

I'm pretty sure I could destroy most learned algol players

Not to bring up a dead topic, but doesn't it seem odd that Algol is banned when over half of the community thinks that he shouldn't be? Granted, this poll isn't exactly scientific, but come on, people. Whatever happened to democracy?

AM64, would you cut our community's size by 49% if that meant you could keep Algol? The 51% doesn't want the 49% to leave the community, end of discussion. This is more asking the 49% to retain their membership in the Soul Calibur community. You realize I play more Dota and CS:Source than Soul Calibur and could easily just stop playing altogether, right? Soul Calibur is the least team oriented game that I play and pretending you can enforce your will on a community that has cried out for a solution is ridiculous and horribly unsocial. Just let your appointed leaders make the decisions and stop listening to "unrestrict unrestrict unrestrict" it's going to cause a $120 trillion debt wait what were we talking about...

In my opinion, Algol isn't something comparable to VCs.

In SC3, VCs were so broken that you had little to no hope of winning without them. So far, I have yet to see concrete evidence that the same is true for Algol. I personally would just rather see him stay in tournament play for just a little while longer until strategies develop around him.

I wish that two good players would make a video where Algol plays defensively, and the other guy has enough balls to break that bubbleshield and win. Just to show how to do it.

What doesn't help Algol's image is that everyone has seen that stupid theoric video where he can juggle with 10+ bubbles and all the ignorants are impressed/disgusted.

Then everyone has read that everyone else can't GI bubbles nor avoid them. So they think that it's not their fault, and Algol is broken.

We need a video to show how someone can beat the lamest kind of Algol. (Or the Algol could simply use way too many bubbles, even when he knows that it's unnecessary or a terribly unsafe choice... People won't notice, they'll just keep counting the bubbles, which would be a good thing.)

^^ I've been waiting for something like that too. But I don't know if it would work, though. All the anti-Algol people would probably just say something like: "Blah blah blah.. Soul Calibur's not supposed to be played that way... blah blah blah... I shouldn't HAVE to play to Algol's game... blah blah blah."

We need a video to show how someone can beat the lamest kind of Algol. (Or the Algol could simply use way too many bubbles, even when he knows that it's unnecessary or a terribly unsafe choice... People won't notice, they'll just keep counting the bubbles, which would be a good thing.)

That's practically impossible. For every video like this: . . .Which shows how supposedly "broken" he is.

In the end, all anyone on either side is going to say is that either Algol or his opponent wasn't doing something right.

What we truly need are cold, hard statistics. How many Algols are there in a tournament? How many of them placed in the top 3?

Ha, I played Kowtow online while he was prepping for the GGL and he was using Algol. The two rounds I won, the last hit was a GI bubble. He still beat me, but come on.

What we truly need are cold, hard statistics. How many Algols are there in a tournament? How many of them placed in the top 3?
You shouldn't decide on banning a character through tourney results...those aren't 'cold, hard statistics' they are variable statistics because a human is playing that character. Judging in this manner robs the player of his achieved effort (even if it is cheap)...however, if you see some clearly broken or overpowered crap, and that person is clearly showing us that said move/s is broken, then yes, Algol should be banned.

However people only seem to be complaining about his bubbles. The only valid argument to banning Algol because of his bubbles is that he becomes inconsistent in relation to the rest of the cast...but so is Yoda.

Honestly, If Algol is banned so should Yoda; and honestly, I'd rather see Yoda go rather than Algol because he really doesn't belong.

Don't ban Algol for the time being. We can hope that no one is sad enough to just spam his bubbles all day, and if someone does so, they wont exactly be recieving props will they?

That's practically impossible. For every video like this: . . .Which shows how supposedly "broken" he is.

In the end, all anyone on either side is going to say is that either Algol or his opponent wasn't doing something right.

Well those videos show characters who have good anti Algo moves. Certain characters wouldn't stand a chance.

. . .Which shows how supposedly "broken" he is.

Wow maybe he should block 11a? I didn't see any bubbles outside of juggles in that first round, he just got stepped all over. 1b is also unsafe, even though it's a great move. Which wouldn't matter, since he never blocked it once.

A match like that shouldn't even be considered, he was just getting hit with moves well before he had to deal with a bubble shield. And the main reason people want to ban him is all those bubbles. He just got spanked in that first round without ANY bubble shields being thrown out.

EDIT Just watched that second vid with sets BLOCK A 11A CHRIST. I also saw 3a,a go unpunished, that's unsafe. He beat him straight up without a bubble shield, and nobody's argued yet that Algol is broken outside of bubble shield.

Nothing will ever get solved in this stupid argument. This community just likes to argue for the sake of hubris.

I don't care if Algol is in the game or isn't... bad players are still bad players and egos are still egos.

shut up already...

cha cha

You shouldn't decide on banning a character through tourney results...those aren't 'cold, hard statistics' they are variable statistics because a human is playing that character. Judging in this manner robs the player of his achieved effort (even if it is cheap)...however, if you see some clearly broken or overpowered crap, and that person is clearly showing us that said move/s is broken, then yes, Algol should be banned.

How can you determine what's broken unless it's been tested? If there have been ten tournaments, with Algol in the top 3 for 7 of them, I'd say that's more decisive evidence. Other than that, you're just trying to ban stuff on-sight just because it looks broken without anyone actually playtesting it.

Don't ban Algol for the time being. We can hope that no one is sad enough to just spam his bubbles all day, and if someone does so, they wont exactly be recieving props will they?

That first sentence only furthers my conviction toward my previous argument. If you don't condone banning Algol now, but see it as a future possibility, just what will it take to convince you without "variable statistics"?

Nothing will ever get solved in this stupid argument. This community just likes to argue for the sake of hubris.

I don't care if Algol is in the game or isn't... bad players are still bad players and egos are still egos.

shut up already...

cha cha

True dat ,Cha, but what can we do about it. People will fight like cats, and dogs all day long. It make CY a sad puppy.

How can you determine what's broken unless it's been tested? If there have been ten tournaments, with Algol in the top 3 for 7 of them, I'd say that's more decisive evidence. Other than that, you're just trying to ban stuff on-sight just because it looks broken without anyone actually playtesting it.

That first sentence only furthers my conviction toward my previous argument. If you don't condone banning Algol now, but see it as a future possibility, just what will it take to convince you without "variable statistics"?

WHY ARE YOU STILL ARGUING THE FACT?!?!?! it's fucking done. Algol is banned, if you main him, just fuckin admit that you'd whore Top tier characters and be done.

IT'S OVER...MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. I'm pretty sure that a few other things (LIKE THE FUCKIN ECONOMY) as a little more priority than Algol being banned.

EDIT: now that i think about it....WHY is this thread even still open? it's because of this thread STILL being open that idiots and crybabies like KingZeal still post and argue hoping that the decision gets reversed. ....

for the love of god PLEASE close this fucking thread

Back