Sidestep - anti character list

Tiamat

[11] Champion
Ok I figure this is really important for NM especially so lets get the full list out here.

I'll list in parenthesis particular moves that you are trying to dodge by stepping to this particular direction. Keep in mind that the frames an the distance will change results as well. With that said...

step right:
asta (66K at range)
maxi (66B+K, other junk)
yoshi (stuff)
mitsu (2kB, 66BB, random other junk)
nm (33B, 11B)

step left:
algol (BB)
cass (tons of junk)
cervy (1K, 2A+B)
mina (stuff)
sieg (3A, SRSH mixup)
voldo (4A, 3A)

amy is stupid so I don't know which side to step. help me fill the list with characters I didn't list

Good thread. I've had better success stepping right against Amy. But 6BB is still really gay and hard to step.

Raph - step right vs everything including 3 prep transition. Step left for other Prep shenanigans.
Hilde - step left... duh
Setsuka - step left for 33B. umbrella has a fat hit box and will catch you sometimes if you step late.
X - step left vs FC 3B etc.

This could be a good general topic. I guess except for Yoda and Algol lol. vs Tira if u're gonna step then step right. Little covers her left. But if you want some specific ones: 3A, JS 6AB, 4A (it happens. go figure)

You can step Voldo 3BB to the right after the first hit and Asura to the left after the first.

The only reason I didn't make this a general topic is because sidestep is character specific. For example, I'm pretty sure maxi must sidestep mitsu's 2kB the opposite side (which is a problem). Kilik can't step bullrush period at a certain range. stuff like that.

The only reason I didn't make this a general topic is because sidestep is character specific. For example, I'm pretty sure maxi must sidestep mitsu's 2kB the opposite side (which is a problem). Kilik can't step bullrush period at a certain range. stuff like that.

Oh....had no idea. Great now I havta check for exceptions. Thanks a lot -_-

hmm.. didn't i made a similar thread ? lol but anyhow, i agree that stepping right against amy is better, it will definitely evade 3BA

stepping left vs Voldo will also step the entire 3BB string, as well as 1A. Well, pretty much everything he has non-BS are steppable to the left.

yes. only things that hit you for stepping left vs algol are lows like 2A+K, 11K, 1A, and some mids like 22A. 2A+K can be step 2Ged on reaction (by me at least) and that's the only one that specifically covers that side rather than the other

hteng: I totally forgot, you kinda did, lol. Oh well we'll just start fresh with this one I guess.

about Amy: 3B, 66A+B, and 6BB can be stepped right so that does seem like the better option. only problem is that 33B tracks that side at certain range -___- and amy players LOVE 33B. I guess should still step that side though, just make sure to step G and block it

depends if the move can get run counters. raph's prep A cannot run counter for example, nor can NM's 33B even though they can hit step one side

step G will usually only be counterhit by very fast A moves

Which way should you step vs Kilik? I know Asura tracks right step, and Siegfried can step out of it with 8B+K, and while playing around with Yoda vs Kilik in training (testing shit for possible future tourney matches), I found that Yoda can step MO A to the left, but he could only step BB to the right. Which way should mostly be preferred against Kilik? Also, is it possible to stepG out of Asura Dance before the second hit?

Good thread. I've had better success stepping right against Amy. But 6BB is still really gay and hard to step.

Raph - step right vs everything including 3 prep transition. Step left for other Prep shenanigans.

how do you step against SEA /SEA A?

please tell because... prep alone sucks.. but with SEA it becomes awesome.... would really like to know if i'm missing anything.

-LAU

vs SEA I usually just step G and deal with it. SEA really does cover up the hole in Prep that would have killed it completely. Raph can't keep doing SEA forever, and when a Prep move comes out eventually you'll get your free launcher with step G. Of course if the Raph just persists with the SEA loop you gotta take your chances with 33B.

This was my experience against raph at least, Piggy doesn't use SEA A much, but I think it is still steppable to one side.

well he CAN keep doing it...it's happened to me before. quite a few times. lol

Yeah but stepping right against Mitsu is potentially very rewarding. Though it might be -26 on guard, its almost impossible to see. Stepping also gives you a bigger window in order to avoid 2KB.

when you say step to the right, you mean to my right or to the opponent's right? o.O

is it main characters only or every freaking character in every game... cos that would need individual tier lists

Make some tiers and throw in some names anywhere and well take it from there

Back