Sieg vs Taki

kPc

[09] Warrior
Alright this is one of sieg's more challenging match ups due to her speed.

here are some things that I have found about Taki.

66K is punishable by 3B, possibly by 1B as well.

WS AAA can be punished by 6A and possibly 3B but I have to do more testing.
her PO A is a high (where she goes into possession then does two high slashes)

IF you come across a Taki that likes to "ninja vanish" then try to train yourself to run under her when she teleports into the air. this will negate all of her options unless she cancels back into PO. If she doesnt then you can run under and either turn around with a 66B or 3B.

1BA (an upward slash into a horizontal), the second hit can be ducked and you can interrupt people who like to go into PO afterward

she can punish every unsafe move sieg has so be careful on your movelist

her bombs are safe though if you block the first bomb and they go for the second then you can 8B over the second.

she has a few nasty tech traps as well, try not to tech alot of things since quite a few takis like to go for the unblockable bomb when you are grounded and if you tech you are relaunched.

after the unblockable bomb or the single blockable bomb, i have seen a combo that she gets where she does a flip afterward that lands her on her stomach and relaunches you and you cannot tech once you hit the ground, once she gets up she gets the unblockable slash for free after. be very weary of this.

slhe also has alot of TC moves so watch for the abuse of high moves.

3A can be your friend or enemy- in close taki can punish with AA, at mid range she cant do anything due to range. this move is great fro trying to stop her PO step which is a big weakness for sieg since that step is fast and steps most of his moves. she has no chance if she steps to your left but is she PO steps to your right, my advice would be to block.

from her teleport jump, she has a mid/low mix-up that both leads to combos, refer to above on how to deal. if she cancels then she goes back to PO stance and can A you out of running under her or do that annoying unblockable.

Her KK is fast and she can go into the forward roll from it.

with the three hit combo from the forward roll ( the jumping vertical slash to the kick then dive right at you), try to train yourself to parry the third hit, if you dont then that move is safe and does good sg damage.

RSH- I find this good to use, if she blocks the low, try not to mash anything else out from it or she will get a CH WS K into combo, just take the K and move on. if she blocks the B, she can still punish but it istn too bad.

anything that ends in 1AA or anything thats like it she can punish with 66K.

is she does a stun hit into her going into BT PO, shake then duck as most takis like to do the backflip after which is a throw.

the kick from PO is a high, so is the A, the B is a mid. might be able to interrupt with WS K.

overall be patient and dont be too anxious to hit her out of things, remember, shes fast as hell.

66K is punishable by 3B, possibly by 1B as well.
not by 1B

WS AAA can be punished by 6A and possibly 3B but I have to do more testing.
3B yes, but she might be far enough to negate the launch

her bombs are safe though if you block the first bomb and they go for the second then you can 8B over the second.
yep, but careful about the A cancel.

is she does a stun hit into her going into BT PO, shake then duck as most takis like to do the backflip after which is a throw.
if it's the leaping kick, i think the PO backflip is guaranteed. i can't shake it fast enough to duck that throw.

hth,

It's shakable. Shake it and duck. And then, get a (free?) back throw.

Taki is nothing against Siegfried... even a awesome Taki player can be easily defeated. But if takes time to master the tools to do this... Anybody that meet my account in youtube knows who Magic is... he is by far the best Taki since SC1 in DR... Dreamkiller knows his power and experience in SC from his last trip to DR, he can tell...

Well, the thing is that Kpc is absolutely right. The only point I have to add is that don't try to do 3B often... use B6, 6A, 3A, and a lot of throws when taki is on -8~-6(read the frame data).

No Taki on the planet could face a good Siegfried... Siegfried is a beast against a character with only speed advantage.

-Stryker-

Back