Siegfried Combo and Tech Trap Discussion

For the damage, after 66K BE I guess the best option with one BE more is 2A+B SBH K BE.

2A+B SBH K BE is funny to after SCH B. Just mix it with 33B.

Not sure if anyone has found this combo yet...
*Your back towards wall* while crouching B+G, w!, B+K B, 3 B, B. (111 DMG)
You can also do the following after the w!...B+K B, 6B. B+K B, 236236 A+B+K.
There are more but I think these are the best.

Not sure if anyone has found this combo yet...
*Your back towards wall* while crouching B+G, w!, B+K B, 3 B, B. (111 DMG)
You can also do the following after the w!...B+K B, 6B. B+K B, 236236 A+B+K.
There are more but I think these are the best.

The first one is wrong, they can't air-control right after 3B.

FC B+G, w!, BT B+K, SCH B, 236236 A+B+K is one of my favorite combos atm, looks so great. Roughly about 112 damage.

And well, if you have lots of gauge, you can always try SBH B, 8 B+K (2 B+K won't work), kA+B+K, 236236 A+B+K for about 134 damage on neutral hit, if I'm correct. The timing is a bit tricky to figure out at first, but it's not that hard.

Does 3{B} SCH kA+B+K agA (instead of iagA) work at all? Asking because I can't land the iagA consistently at all (will learn it in time, i hope) and i just can't hit that agA at the end...

On another note, great find, Nightblade, on SCH B and 2 B+G being a combo. The timing is VERY tricky, but near a wall, you can now...

SCH B, 2 B+G, w!, BT B+K, SCH B, 236236 A+B+K for a total of 162 damage ! Who said Siegfried didn't require execution lol ? On counter hit + clean hit, it must be NASTY.

Edit : about 172 damage if SCH B is a counter hit or a clean hit, about 187 damage if it's a counter hit AND a clean hit.

Does 3{B} SCH kA+B+K agA (instead of iagA) work at all? Asking because I can't land the iagA consistently at all (will learn it in time, i hope) and i just can't hit that agA at the end...

Yes, and the timing is quite lenient, too.

In general what's your best option after a launcher?

For example after landing B while in base hold, or kABK wile in Chief Hold.

I've just been using simple AAB or messing with A+B, etc... But I'm sure there's better options depending on spacing.

yes, i believe it does still work.

In general what's your best option after a launcher?

For example after landing B while in base hold, or kABK wile in Chief Hold.

I've just been using simple AAB or messing with A+B, etc... But I'm sure there's better options depending on spacing.

After SBH B, 22_88 BB is usually the most damaging combo, but I heard it whiffs, so for reliablity you could also do 66B or 6B. (EDIT: How could I forget 44k! lol) As for SCH kA+B+K, iagA works well, but im sure they're are other options, that's just what I am accustomed to doing.

22/88BB doesnt whiff on combos, it whiffs when you are trying to whiff punish :P
My favourite option after SBH B is 44(B), but im stupid because if they tech left you got no tech catch from there and u just lost 31 dmg :P Habits man >< 22/88BB is better (or 44(B), SBH kA+B+K)

22/88BB doesnt whiff on combos, it whiffs when you are trying to whiff punish :P
My favourite option after SBH B is 44(B), but im stupid because if they tech left you got no tech catch from there and u just lost 31 dmg :P Habits man >< 22/88BB is better (or 44(B), SBH kA+B+K)
Oh hey thanks for clearing that up Spidey. :)

Update on the SCH B -> 2 B+K series

It seems that Astaroth (due to different hitboxes ?) can ukemi away from you while making fc B+G whiff (which other characters seem unable to do). He cannot ukemi to his right or left, it would still get caught by fc B+G.

However, SCH B still is an interesting mix-up. You could well, use 236236B, since it's guaranteed (but costs gauge), but you can also use 6B to catch an Astaroth "ukeming" (yeah, a fine neologism) away. Therefore, even if you're facing an Astaroth player knowing this combo, you can still get some damage out of it. Particularly if you got your back to a wall. He'll be forced to ukemi away (the amount of devastation a SCH B -> fc B+G -> w! etc... can bring is way too much for him not to get scared) so you'll be able to 6B him for guaranteed, nice and gauge free damage.

Update on the SCH B -> 2 B+K series

It seems that Astaroth (due to different hitboxes ?) can ukemi away from you while making 2 B+K whiff (which other characters seem unable to do). He cannot ukemi to his right or left, it would still get caught by 2 B+K.

However, SCH B still is an interesting mix-up. You could well, use 236236B, since it's guaranteed (but costs gauge), but you can also use 6B to catch an Astaroth "ukeming" (yeah, a fine neologism) away. Therefore, even if you're facing an Astaroth player knowing this combo, you can still get some damage out of it. Particularly if you got your back to a wall. He'll be forced to ukemi away (the amount of devastation a SCH B -> 2 B+K -> w! etc... can bring is way too much for him not to get scared) so you'll be able to 6B him for guaranteed, nice and gauge free damage.
Are you saying Astaroth is unable to tech roll to the side AT ALL in this game? Or just in this particular instance? O_o I smell unblockable setup shenanigans.

Whats 2B+K supposed to be? did u mean fc B+G?

My mistake, I was indeed meaning FC B+G...

Nah, Nightblade, what I'm saying is that you can't escape SCH B > FC B+G via a side roll/ukemi. And it seems that most characters can't roll/ukemi backward from it as well, but Astaroth. But if he's doing that, you can have a free 6B follow-up.

And of course, when this setup is going to be known a bit more, if a wall's behind you, an Astaroth player would never take the risk of betting on you trying to SCH B > 6B rather than SCH B > FC B+G. It's a 50% mixup vs Astaroth, but SCH B > FC B+G against a wall would be way too much damaging for him to not try at all costs to avoid it, I guess.

Astaroth's hitboxes are annoying by the way. Hitting him with the classic fc B+G > W! > SCH B > 236236 A+B+K is DIFFICULT, because a part of his (enormous) body still is behind you when you'd normally start to input 236236 A+B+K.

Ah I see. That's very good news. Glad that Astaroths have to play by our rules for once, lol.

I feel the CE after the flip is doable, as long as you start buffering after the apex of the arc. But I see what you mean about part of his huuuge body still behind your back. As long as he doesn't have to turn around while you're inputting, you should be fine. Still, though, I might stick with aGA on this one unless I NEED to kill them anyway, since it still does 146 damage with 0/2 possible clean hits as opposed to 165 will full CE.

Still, though, I might stick with aGA on this one unless I NEED to kill them anyway, since it still does 146 damage with 0/2 possible clean hits as opposed to 165 will full CE.

Hell yeah, but it's just about actually being able to get that extra damage to finish off your opponent. At least, knowing you can use it.
Something tells me SCV matches are really gonna be awesome to watch. Incredible reversals coming to us.

All that is left now, about those combos, is to master the SCH B to FC B+G timing, which is pretty tricky really.

Yeah, it is a little on the tricky side. Setting ukemi to left/right minimizes frustration and maximizes learning rate. Remember you're going to have to just slightly compensate for their tech roll if you want to get that splat on the wall. This combo is fun as fuck by the way, lol. Actually landing that in tournament would be pretty insane.

Fuck this. I'm going to pick up the guide right now so I can stop giving half-assed information in the vids I post, lmao. I had NO idea SCH KK was unsafe now until I got punished relentlessly by Pyrrha last night. Sad clown. Wtf namco. It's a HIGH second part of a 2 hit string.

Back