Siegfried's CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

EminentRising

[09] Warrior
Just minutes ago, I was in the lab testing if CEs can be GI'd and it seems that Siegfried's CE can be GI'd at all ranges except pointblank. I've been trying out other CEs and so far no one else seems to have this problem. Realistically, I guess it might not be a huge problem but who knows.

hmm, I don't think it would be a huge issues tbh. Ideally, if you use his CE, you want to for whiff punishing and as a combo ender.

That's good to know. Because in the situation when your opponents guard is about to break (flashing red), Siegfried CE can break guards and do some damage. Now I may have to think twice before throwing it out.

This only prevents one tactic I've used his CE for. If you have someone with a flashing red bar and you know they're not gonna step, CE will crush and the ice will hit afterward immediately. It's basically i17 instant death if you know they won't step before the CE animation, their health is low, their gauge is flashing, and you have meter to waste. So basically, extremely limited and gimmicky applications.

I think any CE w/ extra hits (i.e. Pyrrha, Maxi) can be GI'd so I think that's why that is... Good to keep in mind though.

- I.C.E.

Regardless I don't think people are going to GI his CE on reaction since you should mostly use it for whiff punishing and probably not randomly throwing it out.

P.S Siegfried's CE is pretty good actually, lots of range and lots of damage, also apparently quicker than most other CE's?

also apparently quicker than most other CE's?
It's kinda in the middle... It hits in 17... About half the cast has a CE that hits in 16 or faster. But I do see potential usefulness there as a long range, high damage whiff punisher in situations where it will kill or almost kill. I need to try that out some.

- I.C.E.

It's actually incredibly easy to use in combos, and could provide you that extra damage you need to finish off your opponent. It's pretty effective as a whiff punish, and re-space the enemy after the hits. Oh, and I guess you could probably ring-out from a nice distance in a juggle combo with it. Need to test out that bit.

It's kinda in the middle... It hits in 17... About half the cast has a CE that hits in 16 or faster. But I do see potential usefulness there as a long range, high damage whiff punisher in situations where it will kill or almost kill. I need to try that out some.

- I.C.E.

That was pretty much my thought when i first saw it pre release.
Saw the range so i thought i could be good for whiff punishing aswell if not only for combos. So far i dont even use it because i pretty much forget/havent got used to it

Siegfried CE is very slow and unsafe.
But the damage and the range are very good.

I recomand to use it :
-After a GI for free damage
-In combo after SRSH K, runK, SCH K BE, SCH B, 3A, SBH A, SRSH A
-In block punishement (or after JG too)
-Whiff punish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back