Single Direction Inputs from 8WR

Fhwoarang

[09] Warrior
Hi, everybody. I don't know if this has been known or posted somewhere else, but for me I think this is concept is REALLY IMPORTANT, and specially with Maxi.

I'm also Tekken player, so I tend, with good results, to mix concepts from both games. One of the concepts I want to share with you today is to use single input attacks (6B, 4A, 6A+B) while you are running. I mean, what if you want to dash into the opponent and attack him with, let's say 6B4~G or 6A+B (SO important for Maxi)? You just do it as 666A+B (yes, like in Tekken).

In fact, it's something like 6[6]6A+B, thus, you must dash a bit before pressing 6A+B.

Example:
4A+B, BE 666A+B, BE BL K

This actually works and is not that hard to do. 4A+B needs NO CH to connect.

In previous SC games (correct me if I'm wrong), if you try 666A+B, you just get 66A+B. If you want 6A+B from a dash, you needed to do something like 6646A+B to kill the 8WR movement.

After I found this, I ABUSE this a lot. 6A+B is, like JhonnyBlaze said, his best move. Safe, tracks a bit, hits mid, you can combo into LI A... The problem was it's range. Well, 666A+B helps a LOT to get into your opponent and hit them. Just run into them (66) and press 6A+B. This changed my way of playing Maxi. You can spam this move (of course, if they predict you, you will be punished).

I haven't tried 666B to much (because of 6B4~G) since it doesn't track that well. But I'm sure it has its uses because of the LI cancel.

Maybe I'm making too much noise for nothing. I was holding this stuff, but I decided to post it since it affected my game so much. Seems so natural. I hope you find you way with it.

Hi, everybody. I don't know if this has been known or posted somewhere else, but for me I think this is concept is REALLY IMPORTANT, and specially with Maxi.

I'm also Tekken player, so I tend, with good results, to mix concepts from both games. One of the concepts I want to share with you today is to use single input attacks (6B, 4A, 6A+B) while you are running. I mean, what if you want to dash into the opponent and attack him with, let's say 6B4~G or 6A+B (SO important for Maxi)? You just do it as 666A+B (yes, like in Tekken).

In fact, it's something like 6[6]6A+B, thus, you must dash a bit before pressing 6A+B.

Example:
4A+B, BE 666A+B, BE BL K

This actually works and is not that hard to do. 4A+B needs NO CH to connect.

In previous SC games (correct me if I'm wrong), if you try 666A+B, you just get 66A+B. If you want 6A+B from a dash, you needed to do something like 6646A+B to kill the 8WR movement.

After I found this, I ABUSE this a lot. 6A+B is, like JhonnyBlaze said, his best move. Safe, tracks a bit, hits mid, you can combo into LI A... The problem was it's range. Well, 666A+B helps a LOT to get into your opponent and hit them. Just run into them (66) and press 6A+B. This changed my way of playing Maxi. You can spam this move (of course, if they predict you, you will be punished).

I haven't tried 666B to much (because of 6B4~G) since it doesn't track that well. But I'm sure it has its uses because of the LI cancel.

Maybe I'm making too much noise for nothing. I was holding this stuff, but I decided to post it since it affected my game so much. Seems so natural. I hope you find you way with it.
Sounds like some good stuff,thanks.Also on the topic of 6B4g,I remember seeing in another thread if you do it with the earliest possible cancel,on block you go into LI at +7 or something around there.It gives you access to a pretty good CH set-up with LI,K into a big combo

Miguelito spilling the beans! I thought you wanted to wait till you can get it on video :) bad mexican bad mexican!
btw we have work to do

I still have cards, Jhonny. ;) I want to make that video, trust me.

But I felt this was important to share now. Not for the 4A+B combo, instead for the way it helps Maxi to win.

Back