Sister's EWGF: What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamibakeru

[08] Mercenary
Hey guys. I think this thread should belong on the Cassie/Sophie soul arenas, but I don't know which one it should go so I'm posting it here. I once fleetingly heard that one of Cervantes' moves can punish the sister's EWGF. What exactly is EWGF? Did I even get the letters in the right order? Thanks.

EWGF means Electric Wind God Fist.

Tekken version (Looks like an electric uppercut)
[youtube=EWGF]QHXjaG53RNU[/youtube]

Cassandra version (Uppercut with shield & white flash)
[youtube=EWGF]u4k68Y8bX7k[/youtube]

There are normal/standard versions of each move, and the "electric" version of them. The commands are the same, but the "electric" versions require stricter timing. The reward is better properties. Tekken WGF (Wind God Fist) is jab punishable, whereas EWGF is safe. It recovers faster, too, so it has more potential in combos. I'm not a Cassandra player, so I don't know all the differences between standard 236B and EWGF. I do know that Cass EWGF relaunches if it hits an airborne opponent, like in the video. It's safer and probably deals more damage. Animation is completely different, too. I don't know for sure.

In Tekken the way to tell the difference between WGF and EWGF is the lightning. If you WGF, you won't see any lightning/hear lightning sound effects, but if you EWGF, you see/hear them. For Cass, you get a white flash and an uppercut animation if you EWGF. You get a spinning shield bash thingy if you WGF.

The more ya knoooooooooow

This is why I don't play Tekkenlol. By the way, is that Cassy combo garunteed? And is that Cassy costume based off the succubus from Rosario + Vampire?

In Tekken the way to tell the difference between WGF and EWGF is the lightning. If you WGF, you won't see any lightning/hear lightning sound effects, but if you EWGF, you see/hear them. For Cass, you get a white flash and an uppercut animation if you EWGF. You get a spinning shield bash thingy if you WGF.

The more ya knoooooooooow

Those are two different moves. 236B is the shield uppercut. On JF I believe the only thing it gains is it sends the the enemy higher in the air. 236 is the shield to the gut and it causes a crouch stun. On JF it lauches on counter hit or if they are in the air it can juggle them up to 5x and it can't be ACed.

I think that is it correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back