So what was your first fighting game?

haha i used to get into it with my 'walking to school friend'. i'd go to his house in the morning when my parents went to work and we would have like 20-30 minutes to burn before we'd walk to school. we used to have to go out back on the trampoline sometimes and throw blows because he wanted to watch power rangers and i wanted to play sf2.

also he would have the craziest gamer rage i have ever seen to this day. he would lose, throw his controller at the screen, stretch his hands out all big and make a pretty good rendition of that famous starwars scream...all the while shaking and turning bright red. then his mom would come and take the controllers.

ahhhh...memories.

when tekken 2 came out i could shred really well at it by picking law and holding down and mashing 2,3,3,2+3,2+3,2+3,2,3...random kicking and so on...

to this day i still play law like that.

Street Fighter 2 on SNES

We played the original World Warrior with my cousins and we'd mash buttons hardcore. The only special move anyone knew how to do were mash moves, so naturally Blanka was overpowered guarunteed win with electricity. A year or two later I got my hands on one of the newer ones with the 4 additional characters and... an instruction booklet. From there on out I learnt how to do fireball and srk motions. :)

What got me back in though years later after becoming more of an FPS lanner was Guilty Gear XX. :)

Street Fighter 2 World Warrior Edition and Mortal Kombat. Learned everything I know and love about fighting games from those two games. They brought me up to be a somewhat competitive fighter. Still though. There's nothing like beating someone in the arcade like back in the day. You got to see their frustration and them go to the back of the line. Not even online gaming can top that yet.

Virtua Fighter 1

Had it on Sega Saturn and everything

but probably the first ones I really played with friends on a regular basis were Smash Melee, Xmen Mutant Academy 2 and Powerstone 2.(Just played shit for fun. and all of those games were hilarious lol)

and now I just play SC4 at my friend's place, and King of Fighters 98 and 2002 on GGPO

In the process of learning how to play all three. Waiting for my copy of Orochi Collection so I can introduce my SC4 group to 98 as well.

I am not a huge KOF fan, but 97 and 98 were both quite good. It has been a while since I heard anyone mention Power Stone. Both games were really fun, but I never really played them too much.

I had to throw this gem in there. This was my 3rd fighting game (Urban Champion was #2).

Flying Dragon was fucking awesome

I already posted the boxing game, but another one of my first games was Body Blows. Anyone played it?

DAN VERSUS NINJA!

Street Sighter 2. I thought it might have been Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story because it's so terribad but I checked the dates and SF2 definitely came out first.

I believe I played the first Street Fighter when I was about 4 years old. Granted, 2 was out, but my dad and I were just hanging around somewhere and played it. I remember being too short for the machine so the owner got me a stool. It's all fuzzy. I remember picking Ryu and being very confused until my dad taught me how to play.

:C Good times.

Street Fighter II for the SNES got it as a Xmas present in 1992!!! I was expecting a side scroller beat em up ala Final Fight and felt a bit let down when I first put the game in, but it caught me quite quickly! Been an avid fighting gamer ever since.

What was the first fighting game you guys ever played? Whether it be Street Fighter or DBZ Budokai, no one is here to judge.

If i remember correctly my first fighting game was Street Fighter 2 which to this day, i am absolutely horrible at.

i remember pumping quarter after quarter into the street fighter 2 machine. every damn day. I to still suck at it.

Back