So you want to learn Taki? (Instructional Videos for the Taki Enthusiast)

Thank You LP. Kilik has Damage, but Taki has frames, and DMG don't mean shit if I keep beating your attacks.

Its too bad people like Shogun play crappy opponents and start thinking they're good all of a sudden. Worse they come online here, see all the theory fighter, and automatically adopt it, without trying things out in game. If you hadn't come in LP, they simply would not listen to me. Which is weird because I've been playing this game longer than most anybody here, and have been Using Taki for a While now. Too bad people Pay attention to my Voldo and forget I main Taki and Mitsu

sigh

LostProvidence , with all my respect to Thugish, but Kilik is not his main, so i doubt that he is so good with him. I want to see Howk vs SU, and then we will talk)
Kilik is really steppable (he really only has iFotD and 6AA as reliable step punishers and those are at close range; 66A and WR A are slow enough to step G/cause him to lose a bunch of frames trying to punish step
A+K, 22_88 A - good anti step, and you can't step, guard this.
he believes Kilik has over Taki is damage
Lol, yeah, bigger dmg everywhere, pretty nice)

I have big exp against Kilik and know everything about this matchup, i'm not shure you know what you talking about, online mashers and not Taki players.
I don't care how long you playing DINO, you writing bullshit without any facts.

Thank You LP. Kilik has Damage, but Taki has frames, and DMG don't mean shit if I keep beating your attacks.

Its too bad people like Shogun play crappy opponents and start thinking they're good all of a sudden. Worse they come online here, see all the theory fighter, and automatically adopt it, without trying things out in game. If you hadn't come in LP, they simply would not listen to me. Which is weird because I've been playing this game longer than most anybody here, and have been Using Taki for a While now. Too bad people Pay attention to my Voldo and forget I main Taki and Mitsu

sigh

You goin to DEV? I'll MM you there if I can make it this year. I got a lot of challenges I got to make and a goal I gotta achieve so this steppin' stone of your nonsense will take me that much further.

And I really still can't believe you're justifying online, no matter how legit you play, as officially somethin' to compare skill, i'm gonna break something down to you...

No one can fully justify how well they will do against someone else offline from online, no matter how good the connection, because even if you have the best connection, you still be behind 6 frames or so (enough to make punishing useless). There's this guy named Bello that I played online who I also had a privilege of playin' offline. When I played him online it was fairly easy to get wins, but offline it was a different story. He's a punishing type player, which alot of his game gets ate up by lag, no matter HOW good the connection. I have a friend named BustaCappa who gives me a fairly hard time online, but offline I beat him some 30-4. I had the privilege of playing SU online and offline, and both where COMPLETELY different stories. Online I got wins, though hard, I still got wins, offline it was damn near impossible to touch his ass and my whole game had to change to get rounds against his Kilik. When me and Nori played online back when he played online, I lost some 1-4 but during casuals we went 5-5.

I don't tell you all this to explain skill level or anything, but that ONLINE DON'T MEAN SHIT WHEN TRYING TO COMPARE SOMETHING LIKE SKILL. You can get a strong idea about their performance offline, but doesn't always mean that you will officially know how good/bad they really are. I never count any win online as me being better than anyone until I play them how the game was ment to be played.....offline. That's with any game really.

With that bein said, I hope you can record some offline soon so I can see your Taki, cause I really wasn't impressed in our online matches. I will play you again though to see if I can varify why I didn't like it but seein' your comments on here I get kind of an idea why.

BS without any Facts. But then LP goes and posts what Hawkeyes Taki does against one of the Best players Kilik (Kilik is not his Main, but he's a Tier Whore, and Kilik has a following, so he knows Kilik), yet I don't know what I'm talking about.

Again, WHO ARE YOU?!? You played Belial and think you're Good?!?! You look at frames and play Theory Fighter, so Why haven't you won anything?! Why Haven't I heard of You. Start placing in Tourneys then maybe you can talk.

Rufus Lets play. Dinozsc. I'll show NO-Lag Taki. In Fact I'll tell you when I'm going to use my Bombs. UB on Ground Stun. A+B after AB. A+B after CH PO K. Now Play me.

SHOGUN - Again, you read into things however you want to View em (Like Stringing Bombs together, what a Dumbass). If Online makes a difference in your play style, you're simply not really playing Soul Cal properly.

I never tried to compare how well or not well you did online. I was LAUGHING and the disgusting moves you were using, online or not. Just by that I get an Idea of how you play the game. If you're Online game differs greatly from your Offline game, YOU'RE NOT PLAYING CALIBUR PROPERLY!!!

I'm trying to get to Orlando for CEO but really can't find anyone to go with me, or get me To Buffalo without taking a Bus. I'll be more than happy to play you Online or Offline. And I wont brag about beating you. But I WILL make fun of how you deal with certain moves/play styles. I mean again.....WR BBB....66K.....

BS without any Facts. But then LP goes and posts what Hawkeyes Taki does against one of the Best players Kilik (Kilik is not his Main, but he's a Tier Whore, and Kilik has a following, so he knows Kilik), yet I don't know what I'm talking about.

Again, WHO ARE YOU?!? You played Belial and think you're Good?!?! You look at frames and play Theory Fighter, so Why haven't you won anything?! Why Haven't I heard of You. Start placing in Tourneys then maybe you can talk.

Rufus Lets play. Dinozsc. I'll show NO-Lag Taki. In Fact I'll tell you when I'm going to use my Bombs. UB on Ground Stun. A+B after AB. A+B after CH PO K. Now Play me.

You goin to DEV? I'll play you now and if you goin to DEV I'll MM you there and record.

I remember one of the reasons why I was like 'wtf' with you now! You were doin bombs after something like PO K, which is shakeable stun and easily blocked offline! Lol, oh yea, this will be interesting

PO K Stun, Bomb. Yea. I use that. Online. and Offline. Its Called a Mixup, I could be going for Alot of Moves After That. PO K into Bomb its just so OBVIOUS that you should be able to block it Online. These are the setups I use online. No one can complain about LAG, when the move is telegraphed. Block it and the Mix Up continues. Bit I digress....

I'm curious. What do you guys believe are her other Bad MAtchups?!?! Like against Apprentice or Vader?! OOF Appy or Vader?!?! Maybe they don't count...since he uses a bunch of characters or sumpin....

SHOGUN - Again, you read into things however you want to View em (Like Stringing Bombs together, what a Dumbass). If Online makes a difference in your play style, you're simply not really playing Soul Cal properly.

I never tried to compare how well or not well you did online. I was LAUGHING and the disgusting moves you were using, online or not. Just by that I get an Idea of how you play the game. If you're Online game differs greatly from your Offline game, YOU'RE NOT PLAYING CALIBUR PROPERLY!!!

I'm trying to get to Orlando for CEO but really can't find anyone to go with me, or get me To Buffalo without taking a Bus. I'll be more than happy to play you Online or Offline. And I wont brag about beating you. But I WILL make fun of how you deal with certain moves/play styles. I mean again.....WR BBB....66K.....

Lol, not once did I ever say I play different from online to offline (even if I do), I said you can't tell rather or not you will beat them offline by playin' them online.

But I will answer your question, yes I do play online calibur different then offline due to lag. There's just certain things I cannot do because of connections. An example would be I have to GI a Mitsu 66BB cause I can't step interrupt it like I can offline. I also don't hover or bomb online because the damage is damn near given even at the best connections. I only do anything like that out of frustration from lag tactics. I just see it as a handicap anyways for me so, cause interupting Taki online is alot harder.

Also how long you been playing doesn't mean anything, but if you want to get technical I've been playing Soul Calibur since SCI and entered my first tourney in SCII at the age of 18 and got first place at my very first tourney back in 2003 (Two Soul Calibur Tournies under my belt). I even still have that trophy :)

zlvlvr.jpg

The fact of you sayin that alone shows that talkin' to you really shouldn't be worth my time, but you so passionate about it that it makes me curious on why.

Edit: Lmao ok i'm quoting you again on that, PO K to bomb is a "Mix-up"....

Never saw Thugish playing Kilik. If he is top tier it doesn't mean that you just can pick him and pnew everybody. Thugish won tournaments with Amy not becouse she is top tier, becouse he know matchups and have skill.

I'm writing here not becouse i playing with Belial) Becouse unlike YOU, I have exp, I have guts to go to the foreing tournaments and YOU can't even go to champ in your own country, and I wrote many facts why Kilik dominates, and YOU just wrote some ridiculuos things and "bla bla bla i killed all Kilik's ONLiNE".

Shogun Doesn't Know What a Mixup is. Or when a Bomb is part of a string. As if quoting me, does anything. Haha just makes him look stupid and childish. Pathetic. Continue making your Instructional Vids on........

Shogun Doesn't Know What a Mixup is. Or when a Bomb is part of a string. As if quoting me, does anything. Haha just makes him look stupid and childish. Pathetic. Continue making your Instructional Vids on........

MM D.I.N.O? :)

And I know a mix-up is not an i30 bomb after PO K!! Lmao seriously, that's like the perfect situation on this game to block a bomb on reaction. After the shakeable stun it's so easy to see and will have maybe a 30% chance offline of working. It does become a mix-up ONLINE as you can't react to the bomb quick enough and can only block the bomb by guessing low, in which you could do a mid instead.

It is true that Kilik is a difficult matchup for Taki. But not quite as difficult as Rufus believes it is.
It is also true that there isnt a single useful post from DINO on this boards.

Alls I did was tell people Taki's Matchup against Kilik aint that Bad. I even had some approval from a Taki player. There's just a bunch of haters in here that don't like being told they're wrong, especially after they spend hours and hours trying to making Internet Videos.

Haha I dont contribute haha tooo Funny Belial. Again I dont sit at home and make Videos so kids can learn how to play a character. I just make sure when someone is spouting BULLSHIT, it doesn't get accepted as Truth, which happens far too often on this site.

Shogun - Are you going to Pay for my DEV Ticket?!?! Lets go to CEO or Summer Jam. There's nothing in PHX.

"And with that, I'm done"....

back to my point, i do not... "troll" its just as i say, if you know all of kiliks moves, it becomes a pointless battle, i do not come here to troll, i come here to state my point, you can all think what you want, idc

Sigh... Play nice, children.
Kilik can hardly be considered a good matchup for anybody, but as I second him, I'll give my two cents:
Belial is right - it's a tough, uphill fight for taki, but not unwinnable: she has the edge in speed, her auto evades play havoc at mid range and whilst her short range makes punishing Kilik even harder than it already is (his frames are too good XD) it is relatively simple to bait whiffs and build from there. I liken this matchup to X vs a zoner - it's all about causing whiffs, getting + frames and frustrating the opponent into silly mistakes. In this case - your looking to bait auto evades IMO. Her bombs are virtually risk free by a wall - a+bA >>> Asura, she can even air throw it if baited properly, which isn't even too risky midscreen :/. Her i10 high series tempts a lot of crouching at point blank as he just can't compete with her speed and it's too risky to use 236 randomly - you give away advantage WAY too easily.
Don't get me wrong - this matchup is very much Kiliks to lose, but he is by no means unbeatable: like any other character he has his flaws and Taki always has a spare option up her sleeve at point blank. My advice? Get advantage - keep it. Fuck fishing for combos - let kilik kill himself.
But hey, I don't play Taki, what do I know?

5 months behind the ball but whatevs right?
Shogun, I thought you did a fantastic job on the videos, helped me a lot seeing as I forgot everything except Zasalamel recently, and always had an interest in Taki so I figured why not try it now? :D
Also, DAMN, some of these inputs are just crazy fast :O I have no clue how I can do these combos and shit but not be able to do normal Asura w/ Kilik :D

Back