Sophitia and Cassandra

well aside from the obvious I don't see why they can't cook up some BS to let "under-40" Sophie make her dramatic return, hell they've done it with NM several times...however many times servants of the cursed sword manage to find each and every lost fragment every single time he blows up is beyond me, but then again NM is ageless and can find a new host if need be.

I reckon they'll try and replace Sophie with an immortalised Fauxphitia, keeping in mind just like Soul Edge needing an agent of his will Soul Calibur will need one also, or similarly as to how NM was able to animate a suit of armour, just reanimate Sophies Corpse and make the tragedy come full-circle on the Alexandra family.

yh she is more or less Sophie, but no matter how many times you can convince yourself...it isn't really her at the end of the day.

not sure if anyone has picked this up, but there is actually another Alexandra aside from Sophie and Cassie
Yeah exactly, damn Japan not having any woman over 40 in the game! Like ffs woman over 40 can still look young, and beautiful damn you PS!! I think with Nightmare he comes back all the time because its Inferno who has taken over his armor and apparently Inferno can't die cause like you said all of his servants manage to collect all the shards of Soul Edge, also, whenever Soul Edge is destroyed it retreats back into Astral Chaos and waits for its servants to collect all the shards, that's why it never truly gets destroyed because it goes to Astral Chaos (which after SCV that's where it most probably is again).... Well after NM go defeated in SCV Inferno possessed Pyrrha so at this moment in time there is no Nightmare and Inferno (Soul Edge) is in Astral Chaos.

Yeah that seem's like it could be the direction they go in for Sophitia, but if Elysium (Soul Calibur) takes over Sophitia's corpse as a vessel wouldn't that mean that Sophitia would have to wield Soul Calibur all the time and become the new host for Soul Calibur? Replacing Patroklos?

Yeah that's true, unless you mod like I do hahahah

Yup, but Sophitia and Cassandra are the best (although I love Pyrrha too)

The writers better come up with something good if they're bringing Sophie back. But at this point, I'm 90% sure they're incompetent and will use Astral Chaos as a crutch to revive her and make her look like she's twenty still. (>P_P) ... yea, someone remember to quote me on this.

To be fair, Yun was the successor of Hwang, and Astaroth is Rock's successor since SoulCalibur from Dreamcast, and is still an active member of the roster... but yeah.
Is Yun actually the successor of Hwang though? There style's are completely different, Xianghua on the other hand seems like the successor to Hwang seems that there styles are basically exactly the same. I understand that Yun got taught by Hwang but that doesn't make him his successor.

I can't say for sure exactly...but that's what I've read up one I think one of the wikia's maybe
I don't think Talim was ever going to be in SCV but I know Zas was going to be DLC and I also know that Setsuka, Amy, and Yun-seong where supposed to be in it... Also there's many unused opening/winning poses in the data files like winning poses from SC4 and even some Critical Finish poses too.

I don't think Talim was ever going to be in SCV but I know Zas was going to be DLC and I also know that Setsuka, Amy, and Yun-seong where supposed to be in it... Also there's many unused opening/winning poses in the data files like winning poses from SC4 and even some Critical Finish poses too.
Taki was supposed to make an appearance aswell, as she was going to be 'important' to the story lol
SCV end of the day was rushed...I hope that the story mode is good in the next instalment seeing as they're willing to go all the way with an actual story mode (pray it ain't shit 2 hours long)

Taki was supposed to make an appearance aswell, as she was going to be 'important' to the story lol
SCV end of the day was rushed...I hope that the story mode is good in the next instalment seeing as they're willing to go all the way with an actual story mode (pray it ain't shit 2 hours long)
Yeah, I hope they take their time with SC6 and I want individual stories again!

Yeah, I hope they take their time with SC6 and I want individual stories again!
I'm a lil' half and half with individual stories, on one hand it'd be nice to see separate endings for each character again, but on the other we've got a dedicated story that would be canon...no more confusions and speculations

I'm a lil' half and half with individual stories, on one hand it'd be nice to see separate endings for each character again, but on the other we've got a dedicated story that would be canon...no more confusions and speculations
I know what you mean, the only canon ending I can think of is Sophitia's ending in SCIII because that ties in with SCV's story. I wouldn't mind the arcade having the individual endings like in the classic games.

I know what you mean, the only canon ending I can think of is Sophitia's ending in SCIII because that ties in with SCV's story. I wouldn't mind the arcade having the individual endings like in the classic games.
and that's what we've mostly been basing the story cannon off, sophies endings wee the ones that were actually cannon

Is Yun actually the successor of Hwang though? There style's are completely different, Xianghua on the other hand seems like the successor to Hwang seems that there styles are basically exactly the same. I understand that Yun got taught by Hwang but that doesn't make him his successor.
Hwang never taught Yun boy. They just both came from the same dojo and were both students who trained under Seong--Mina's dad lol
(>T_______T) muh Talim... BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB </3 </3 </3

Hwang never taught Yun boy. They just both came from the same dojo and were both students who trained under Seong--Mina's dad lol
I have no idea who I'm thinking about then hahaha! But my point still stands, is he actually the successor? Giving the points I said

Yea, he is unfortunately the succssor :C
Doesn't really make sense that Yun is his successor haha. The only thing similar is their weapons. Yun-seong's style is unique whereas Xianguha's style is just the same as Hwang's, you would think she's the successor.

I like Yun-seong better than Hwang anyway, never really been fond of Hwang/Xianguha's style.

Doesn't really make sense that Yun is his successor haha. The only thing similar is their weapons. Yun-seong's style is unique whereas Xianguha's style is just the same as Hwang's, you would think she's the successor.

I like Yun-seong better than Hwang anyway, never really been fond of Hwang/Xianguha's style.
I liked Hwang better lol. He's not as annoying or obnoxious as Yun x3

Yun-seong was trained by Seong-.... (Seong Mi-na's father). The same guy that trained Hwang. They were both trained by the same man. Since Yun-seong idolized Hwang, and the later was absent the time Yun-seong was introduced in the series, he somewhat succeeded him (Like Hwoarang succeded Baek in Tekken). It is also stated that Yun-seong's fighting style is inspired by Hwang.

Yun-seong was trained by Seong-.... (Seong Mi-na's father). The same guy that trained Hwang. They were both trained by the same man. Since Yun-seong idolized Hwang, and the later was absent the time Yun-seong was introduced in the series, he somewhat succeeded him (Like Hwoarang succeded Baek in Tekken). It is also stated that Yun-seong's fighting style is inspired by Hwang.
Oh I know all that aha :3 I just don't think it makes much sense since he's not really anything like Hwang style-wise. That's why Xianguha is there aha.

Oh I know all that aha :3 I just don't think it makes much sense since he's not really anything like Hwang style-wise. That's why Xianguha is there aha.
tbf Yun-Sung's sword fighting style is that of Seong style, however you're all missing that "innate kicking ability" the Yun has.
So while Yun's style is based off of Hwang and while he's meant to be his successor...they also needed to make him soughta original in his gameplay and personality

Back