Soul Calibur 5 Guest/Bonus/CAS Character Discussion

It's going to be Ezio and the Prince, since they are somewhat popular, and relevant.

The Prince isn't as relevant as he was a couple years ago though, don't you think? I hardly hear about PoP these days. He'd make a pretty cool guest character though (I'd prefer him to Ezio personally) You can't really put the prince in without him wall-running during atleast one of his moves though, you just can't. I wonder how they'd go about incorporating that.

@SirKillsaLot: He seems like he could fit.

@DualFace, stop posting in yellow, some of us are on a white background and can't read it.

That's your forum preference---it isn't mine. So stop complaining.

Either one of these guys could be fun:
in6Ulc.jpg
in6Wtk.jpg

As a customizing whore, the only personal gripe I have (that hasn't really been mentioned) is that the "physique and muscularity" of female models are a fucking joke. Maxed muscularity on a female model barely qualifies as toned and had sticks for arm, while on the male model, the guy has fucking veins popping out everywhere! I get it, the wemenz gotta be sexy. double standard in video games Blah blah-fucking-blah.

Look. . . All I really ask is that the girl I make looks like she can actually wield that big fucking sword I gave her.

I want to use in the new character creation: -Various fighting styles(like in SCIII). -Non human male and female chars and an option to use monster head/face/arm/leg/tail. -More tattoos and scars for either bodypart. -Colourable weapons and shields. -Various weight/height/age/face options. -More than 50 custom character slots. -Lots of bras/thongs/panties with cameltoe ;p . -i don't want to see a man with flat loincloth(it is NOT MANLY).

I checked out Guest Characters In SCV topic and came up with this list. I'm really sorry if I forget or missed some important characters. And the list is limited to 10 selections so I gotta kick out some of the selections.

My choice is Lightning from FF XIII-2. FF has the best theme suitable to SC series imo.

Its pityful when a custom knight wears the heavy upper armor and helmet while loses his lower armor...

Well lets go down the list:

1. AC goons. With AC3 slated for a Nov. 2011 release we can be sure it wont be Altair or Enzio that makes it into SCV, but maybe the main character in AC4 will make an appearance, if there is one. On the other hand, the combat style would fit into the gameplay.

2. Emo Twilight Dante. Maybe, but I wont like it. This game kills Dante for me, if it's even Dante to begin with (I have theories that the kid with the guns is actually Vergil trying to find his brother but thats a different disscussion for a different time). Release dates and Combat style would fit.

3. The soulless bitch Lightning. This is my vote because this game has the most hype around it and it would be a smart move for Name and Square Enix. Release dates fit perfectly and her combat would be interesting to incorporate into SCV. Also, the FF series is HUGE in japan and Namco is a Japanese developer so it would not be that big of a stretch.

4. Lord of the Rings dudes. No. Not going to happen. Tolkien is dead and I highly doubt the family is going to let the rights go.

5. Batman, you know, the guy in tights. Again I doubt DC Comics would allow the Dark Knight to be impaled and stuff, think about what happened last time (MK Vs. DC). It would be cool to see him in the game though.

6. Prince of that one place that has sand. PoP kinda fell off the map so it's not likely to be in SCV no matter how much the PoP cult fanbase wants him to be in a new game.

7. Bayonetta needs to shave, her suit is made out of HER hair. Her combat isnt really suited for SC even if she were to make it. Also she sucks, I have pics.

8. Alice. This game looks sick but the art direction wouldn't fit into SCV's. Not likely to happen.

9. Anime. No.

10. Anyone else. Probably not.

My vote is for Lightning too. Not only will it be a great character to build hype, but I think her fighting might be kinda cool.
Maybe her critical finisher will ber her summon LOL...0_0

I'll be honest, I'm actually expecting an AC character to be in. Not a massive fan of the series (the concept is cool, but gameplay-wise...just not for me I guess) but it could be cool. That photoshopped pic is indeed very slick (too much focus on AC and not enough on SC imo, but it's still nice)

I don't know much about the series lore, but is it possible to have not Ezio, but a different Assassin, from the late 16th century where SC is set? I'm aware there was that comic based around a Russian Assassin during the end of Tsarist Russia, so I know they're not completely opposed to such an idea, right?

Although to do that, they'd have to focus on his story and such, and devote even more time to the guest character D:

The gameplay of AC is the main fun part imo. The free-running, climbing, jumping and whatnot. Have you played the second game? Because the first one was shitty, and I understand if you'd think that of it. Also, the cover is obviously poor made....was just fan made.

Aaand if they're actually gonna have an AC character, it should be Ezio. Plain and simple. He's the most popular one in the series, and he fits the time line more than Altair or any other. Why the hell should people waste money to see another assassin who's not known in the game...? You could just create one in the create-a-character mode after all.

I know the cover is fake dude, but I thought that, as far as fakes go, it looks pretty nice. And I'll admit, I've only played a little of AC2. I loved the concept and ideas behind the first one, but yeah, the gameplay left a lot to be desired. I'll try out more of AC2 when I get the chance.

And I guess from the perspective of an AC fan, not putting Ezio in would be wierd. My bad.

@Dualface: Trying to be as unbiased as possible here (I'm a huge Onimusha fan), but Samanosuke or Soki would be...absolutely beast! Plus Namco and Capcom are on good terms. I think if they go with Onimusha, either Samamnosuke or Soki should be in all versions of the game (like The Apprentice), but each version of the game should also get a different villain from the series - maybe Gargant for the 360 version, and Ranmaru (the demon version) for PS3?

I want to see War and his horse Ruin in SCV as a guest character. A rider is a pretty new idea in SC series but would not impossible...

Yay for non-conformity.. I voted for an anime character because I'm a non-conformist and I like anime.. I have spoken. Nah but to be honest, I'd rather see someone like Raiden from MGS: Rising show up than see Lightning, hell.. I'd rather see Noctis in SCV than Lightning. Making Lightning a guest character is about as mainstream as if they were going to do an anime character and put in Naruto.. like c'mon. Also, I hardly believe that they'll put in a character from a game that came out ~2years before the actual release of SCV.. I don't remember who said it on these forums but someone said that we won't get any realistic guest character speculations until we see what games are coming out NEAR SCV's release. i.e. 2012/2013-ish, and I agree. Having Raiden in SCV would be sick though.. they could also implement the sound effects made when swinging the HFB, MAKE IT HAPPEN! xD
In case you live under a rock and haven't seen the trailer.

I honestly like the idea of having Bayonetta as a guest. A female guest character would be a nice change of pace, and I think Bayonetta will blend in fine with the rest of the gals. She already has a large moveset from her game, so it would be interesting to see her put her moves to the test against the Soulcalibur cast. Not to mention, there's a lot of possibilities for what weapon(s) she could use. She might end up like Link and use a variety of different weapons but still have a primary weapon of choice. Also, any of her torture attacks would make for an awesome critical finish. 8)

Back