Soul Calibur 5 - Rating... Just realized...

Rambling...

For kids to preteens....
I play SCIV around my 9 year old cousin. While Ivy and Voldo's 1p raises a question and she thinks they're ugly, she looks to Cassandra, Xianghua and Lizardman as her characters she loves to dress up. Rated T for teen to me is like saying any kid playing this may need parental/guardian guidance. As for the profanity? Yeah, I hope society tones it down a bit. I mean, an ignorant fool can say so what. But you need to think about this: An innocent child doesn't know any better and needs every bit of support. Eventually, they will be exposed and reach their stage of "noticing the opposite sex" in "that" way. But guidance is always needed should you play this game with them.

For young adults 16+
Um.......that's pretty much a developed mind and what the game is tailored to. I'd let them play Mature games because they're old enough.

Apparently, more things for mature, grown-up audiences (love, sexual themes, dialogue, violence, etc.). The thing that worries me is the somewhat large range between Japan's rating of CERO D (17+) and America's rating of ESRB T (13+). At least U.K.'s PEGI 16 seems fairly reasonable, but 13+? Jesus Christ. <_<
Well, Think of it... America isn't restricted to most content. while most countries keep it limited, for example... Australia...

Speaking of SCV's rating...
192.168.0.18-image29.jpeg

Does this mean than an AO rating is being reconsidered?

Some times these ratings are retarded.... I mean seriously just because it's rated M for Mature doesn't that it will keep a six year old from playing it.

If I had a six year old brother and I was playing SC5 in my room, theres no way in hell imma keep my brother out. IMO he minus well just walk into my room and look at those huge breasts......

Better for him to be looking breasts anyways......

when I was a kid I was playing rated M games.. It simply depends on how the child was raised in the end.............

Ratings...... some of these games are beyond the rating that it should be.....

Thats like me rating Spyro the dragon rated M for Mature because spyro the dragon is nude........ -_-

Yeah - I dunno like, I would not mind a kid looking at breasts as much as blood and guts, just my two cents.

Am I strange?

You'd think that with Ivy and a jacket, the rating would go down.
But it's probably because of that whole bitch thing and the character creation.
Which is stupid.

Also, I play around my 7 year old brother and 5 year old sister, and I play with Ivy all the time. They never notice or even care.

Back