Soul Calibur 5: Resurrect a Soul

This comment alone made me not want to read the rest of the post lol........HWANG IS NOT A CLONE!

For those of you that where only introduced to the game from SC2 and above let me break it down for you.....

Kilik is a CLONE of Seong-Mina
(Kilik had moves that seong mina steals from him actually)
Actually, If I am correct, Kilik and Seong Mina shared the majority of the same moves in Soulcalibur I and II. This isn't Kilik's original style either. It originally belonged to Edgemaster, who taught both Kilik and Seong Mina.

Astaroth is a CLONE of Rock
(Astaroth and Rock are Very different)
No. Astaroth and Rock still share lots of their moves, and they both focus on grappling and all around power.

Yoshimitsu is a CLONE of Mitsurugi
(Not even close)
Yoshimitsu even now shares some moves with Mitsurugi. Just because Yoshi's stances are original, doesn't seperate the fact that his moveset came from Mitsurugi.

So going by the definition of what people define as clones (having similar attacks of the other characters) then these are the real clones. I never understood why so many original characters where removed from the game and then brought back.

Yoshimitsu is not a clone of Mitsurugi... They only share some of the same moves... Yoshi is from tekken... durr? He was around before mitsurugi even existed... Therfore if anything mitsu is a clone of him...

and you got all that clone shit list off wikipedia shogun lol

Yoshimitsu is not a clone of Mitsurugi... They only share some of the same moves... Yoshi is from tekken... durr? He was around before mitsurugi even existed... Therfore if anything mitsu is a clone of him...

and you got all that clone shit list off wikipedia shogun lol

lol, hell no I didn't, I just goin by what I played!

And yea Yoshimitsu was first but he had ALOT of Mitsu's move set when he was introduced to the game.....just worse.

Yoshi Mitsu Rugi

I was using the idea of clone from what people where saying on this thread. Cause if anyone who knows the game, Hwang had one move that set him from being a clone..........3AA.

I quoted it word-for-word seriously? Hmmmm......guess wiki took my shit!

Seriously, I didn't even know they had a wiki for that type of thing, I just did what I noticed since I played Soul Edge.

I take your point, but I when I said "clone", I meant it in the sense that since SC1 Kilik/Asta etc. are always in the default lineup so can be considered the "main" versions, while Mina/Rock etc. are unlockable characters (and haven't even made it into some releases).

I don't think that they'd be able to have Necrid return since he was created by Todd McFarlane. Kunimitsu wouldn't have to be a guest because Namco own the IP for her (just like Yoshimitsu). since they also make Tekken I think it'd be interesting to see somebody who blended elements of Taki/Yoshi's style.

I don't see why they can't have Hwang, especially since they fleshed him out into his own character in SC3. They have Soph/Cass/Lizardman, so I don't see how having Hwang/Yunsung/X would be any different. He'd be a less brash alternative for people who don't like Yunsung.

I'd like to see Necrid return...
An odd proposal, Necrid's left arm is like Nightmare's right arm, I say they should combine for the next game!!! (kidding... kind of)... Li Long should return, double Nanchaku has to be fun...
Last thing is if they reintroduce the bonus characters from SC4 and give them each a new moveset (not copy paste bullshit) I'd like that very much (except for Scheharazade, too annoying)...

I desperately want Hwang and Li Long back. Could we make a petition for Daishi's twitter? I can live without Arthur and Abyss, though Abyss would be cool. I don't know how Daishi feels about Hwang and Li Long...please bring them back!

I desperately want Hwang and Li Long back. Could we make a petition for Daishi's twitter? I can live without Arthur and Abyss, though Abyss would be cool. I don't know how Daishi feels about Hwang and Li Long...please bring them back!
It would be a lot better getting real additions to the series over guests that mess up the time frame, however I do want their movesets .(mostly spawn and Link's) But I say Abyss has enough right to return as Li long and Hwang as seperate characters from their forefathers

well, I want to see Abelia, Li Long and Arthur as playable character in SCV.

I don't think Li Long is same as Maxi. They both have different fighting style, Li Long use Double Nunchaku and Maxi only use one Nunchaku.

SC3 had both Maxi and Li Long and that was great because their weapons wasn't the same like Shura = Cervantes.

Indeed. I do not understand Shura's appeal aside from sex appeal. She was a clone. All of the bonus SCIV characters were clones. At least the bonus SC3 characters had different movesets even if they were sucky. How does Shura shoot her bullets? From thin air?

I really want those two characters back. I would love to main them. Has Daishi shown any interest? Would a petition work?

Yeah, i joined twitter to attempt to ask Harada and Daishi stuff, but i think i might have tweeted it to no one.....

Would anyone be willing to make a petition? I don't know how to.

Indeed. I do not understand Shura's appeal aside from sex appeal. She was a clone. All of the bonus SCIV characters were clones. At least the bonus SC3 characters had different movesets even if they were sucky. How does Shura shoot her bullets? From thin air?

I really want those two characters back. I would love to main them. Has Daishi shown any interest? Would a petition work?
Shura isn't needed ever again for me. Never liked her and hated her voice. A lot of her moves didn't make sense either like the gun moves, that was a big fail. I'm all for Hwang if they gave him 2 boradswords but Li Long, I'm unsure of.

Back