Soul Calibur 5: Taki Discussion

Tha_Shogun

[10] Knight
Ok so now we know that Soul Calibur 5 is in the works I would like to ask 8wayrun what changes they would like to see with their favorite ninja heroine. Some things I would like to see:

- PO cancels return (not just out of rush downs)
- The return of 11A
- PO to have a low again
- More cancels and safer transition attacks that doesn't require you to go into PO
- More damage to her attacks if she can't get safe transistions

That's my wishlist, what is yours?

Discuss my ninjas!

Well if we must go der...
For SoCal 5 Taki, I agree wit Shogun..
But adding to dat, bring back PO GB B
PO Grabs again (dont kno y dey turned dem into WR Grabs.)
Make her WR K faster n stun on NH as if it was a CH... Dis will make a GREAT punisher for Taki.
Make her A:6 easier to perform, which wood also b a great punisher.
And finally change her dialoge (spell check) and voice actor back to SoCal 3.. I miss her screaming wen I impale my enemies wit 33B.

I wonder how old Taki would be in SC5? Now she's 29. Isn't age gonna count lol.
Anyway, bring back PO 2K. That'll be a good addition to the mix-ups.
Keep PO hover and (fake?) hover. I think it's a nice touch. If done really accurately it looks very nice to escape from one attack.

I wonder how old Taki would be in SC5? Now she's 29. Isn't age gonna count lol.

Lol, man, Taki has been 29 since Soul Calibur 2, so I'm guessing it will never go over that age. Yep, our favorite ninja even lies about her age.

But her age was showing in Soul Calibur 4 with her not bouncing around the walls and using more ninjinstu than actual speed.

Maybe she should get on some n90x or something!

I'd like more and better moves from her stances.
PO is quite harmless if they just crouch and watch out for funny stuff.
WR is easy too if they just stand, guard and spam grab break.

And i want attacks from Wind Roll Side(like in SC 2) and Stalker Side. Now if the opponent sees one of those they can just attack or even punish you.

And i want her instant Possession Rush and PO Side Step from SC 2.

And, i can't say it often enough:
BRING BACK WHILE LANDING ATTACKS!!!

If you ask me just make her as SC2-ish as possible.
Was the most fun to play with her tons of versatility in my opinion.

Although cool new stuff would be appreciated.

And what IdleMind said. *Thinking of Ivy Backstep, throwing up in mouth*

Oh And Taki's 2A in SC4 is really ridiculous. The opponent has to be almost hugging you to get hit by it.

Give her the Stalker Leap wall bounce back from SC2. Kilik has a wall bounce off his A+B wakeup, Taki should be more than capable.

Give her at least one wall grab, like pounding the opponent into it, running up their body and kicking off their head with a backflip. Give it a variation to land facing forward or backward like the Stalker Leap.

She has no Throwing Knives or Ninja Stars yet? Give her one! Weak, of course, so it couldn't be extremely spammable. Just to punish turtles.

Have a Just Frame for Wind Roll BKB that lets her recover fast enough to bounce opponents a second time with Facing Behind A+B.

Have a Just Frame During Hit variation for the cartwheel throw that makes her slice and backflip onto the victim's stomach for a knee bash instead of away.

Wall moves, of course. She's a freaking ninja, why doesn't she ever wall run?

She has no Throwing Knives or Ninja Stars yet? Give her one! Weak, of course, so it couldn't be extremely spammable. Just to punish turtles.

Just for the lolz, give it a charge command so that she can throw a flaming UB shuriken similar to Cervante's pistol UB.

Oh yeah UB bombs just like in SC3.

Look at Greed in SC3. Taki should have his fire. (I'm italian I don't speak very well English sorry!!)

She's a ninja who uses magic. The only magic I've seen her use is hover and ninja cannon.

• PO BT B+K and PO 8k should be one move. PO 8k Should become a new move.
  • More moves for PO while BT
  • 4 A+B B second hit doesn't whiff when first attack whiffs
  • 4 A+K (Stalker, jumps over foe into BT) to jump off walls and able to follow up with other shenanigans.
  • PO A+B cancel
  • WC 1 A+B (if soul charge is brought back), when used on a downed opponent, will have Venom Fang C attributes applied.
  • Stalker A should be more like SC2's Stalker A

I agree that WL moves need to be implemented again. Her best WL game was in SC3 Arcade edition imo. Its a shame that people who started playing the SC series with SC4 Taki have no idea how much fun/effective that was.

SC2 Taki was just a lot less linear, hence more fun.

She's a ninja who uses magic. The only magic I've seen her use is hover and ninja cannon.

• PO BT B+K and PO 8k should be one move. PO 8k Should become a new move.
FM: SC2 PO 8KA was cool a bit like HO B(with Super Tech Jump) but less failable and did like 90 damage, and i think it punished the whiff 2A after AB PO on hit.
  • More moves for PO while BT
FM: More moves into BT PO would also be cool i mean 6 A214 for BT PO is nearly useless, except on Counter Hit.
  • 4 A+B B second hit doesn't whiff when first attack whiffs
FM: Yeah that really sucks

• WC 1 A+B (if soul charge is brought back), when used on a downed opponent, will have Venom Fang C attributes applied.
FM: I don't think we need poison, but just make WC 1A+B safe already, in a Mirror Match it's unsafe to A6 (-15 something frames), which is horrible.
Luck is most people don't know that.

What annoys me the most at the moment is that Taki's combos are so failable: HO B when hit in the wrong angle makes your WS K, whiff.
Same goes for 88_22A on Counter Hit in the wrong angle(i think when the opponent tries to step to your right) where your BT A+B will whiff.
Or WS K on counter hit at tip range, where your 1BA whiffs(this can also ruin your combos from HO B)

And i hate the lousy tracking of Horizontals in general, and especially Taki's Horizontals. Jumping K is steppable in BOTH directions, doing the just frame A:6 has worse tracking than normal AA(Ivy 214B evades A:6 just great) and even 66K is steppable with the right timing, as if it weren't unsafe enough...

/end of rant lol

Taki's SC2 PO 8K I think forced crouched and gave advantage on block. On hit I think Taki's A could not be interrupted... Either way it caused your opponent to pause or spam 2A in which case this opened up your WL game mixup.
Every once in awhile you could do something silly like PO 8K~A for the ring out if they tried to interrupt you.

Not sure if anyone even posted this but I would like B delay B to come back. This enabled her to go into B~PO easier... now that I think of it they took that out in SC4.

I know everyone hated SC3, but I still liked Taki more in that version than her SC4 build.

Linked below is a video of Egg and I boozed up. You can skip most of it... 5 minutes into it is what I have always liked about Taki. Fast rush down with the ability to switch up at a faster pace if needed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2676097443115041257#

Back