Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, don't detect any malicious intent form the guy bringing us these leaks. Besides, all we have to do is wait for the upcoming event where the announcement will come. Nothing more than that.

Indeed, but you are doing so at your own will rather than instructed by the team or company behind the game.

All this "hype" and forum activity would take place regardless as soon as this trailer drops in the supposed 2 weeks. You are just doing something without authorization from your own free will. Even if you think it's harmless they have a specific strategy to release info, it's their game, and they have every right to do so. What you're doing is pure disrespect to the game and the community for your own egotistical reason of "striking up the band before they play", and unfortunately people are blinded by this from their excitement of the upcoming game. I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a troll with no sources taking advantage of a community that's desperate for a new game. I'd have more respect for a troll lying on the internet than someone who is directly disrespecting a company and their marketing efforts on an upcoming game we cherish.
Are you upset that someone is getting all this attention? Disrespecting what community? I know we've all been having fun on just the speculation aspect that came about thanks to these "leaks" whether they come true or not. Are you a secret namco employee who is being hurt financially by this in some way? Or are just that much more moral than the rest of us is what you are saying? No OOF this is an example of your behavior over the last several months if not a year now. I've been one of your bigger supporters but if you want to rain on everyone's parade right now (and if you can't see the excitement level has raised with just the suspicion of something new...) then I would ask that you just stop and if you REALLY wanted an answer you could'ved DMed the guy and got his answer that way. But no you have to show that you are the biggest non-believer publicly so you can come in later and be like "ha ha I never believed, I'm so superior". Well screw that. This thread is about SC6 so once again I'm gonna say if you want to go down that path then just DM the guy so you can get your answers that way and tell everyone in chat how big of idiots we are for WANTING to believe any scrap of news we can get after a minimum of 3 years waiting.

Leakers are fine if you don't really give a damn about the game or company and are simply greedy for information.

I really love the SC series and have met with some of the development team before. I have a lot of respect for them. If you think about the work and effort the Team is putting into this next game, they were probably excited for the December announcement trailer. Now someone has tarnished a planned Christmas surprise announcement of our new game by ruining the surprise over a month in advance. Sad if true.

Reactions: Ave
Xianghua is waste of playable character slot. Vergeben should confirm Setsuka instead of Xianghua.
View attachment 47398

What? I like Xianghua as much as Setsuka. I didn't like X when she was OP in SCIII. My only hope for Xianghua is that isn't OP again. I've been loving the Leixia damage.

Sorry, but no. I'd like to think Xianghua is more iconic of a character than Setsuka, anyway... even if I do like Setsuka a little.

Of course, X is more iconic.

The character poll was held in 2015 with them telling fans they'd be determining the future of the series, with the results announced in June of 2015.
You can make your own conclusions, but for people to think it isn't factoring in at all is funny to me.

It's funny to me too. People were saying "They used it for trading cards", "They weren't using it because only 1% of the community voted", "The poll was just a marketing ploy that meant nothing". Funny how some people refuse to believe what's in front of them.

I'm sorry for saying the poll didn't matter.

I'll take her over Patroklos, that's for sure.
JF Umbrella>2A[BE] & JI making A+B useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ave
Leakers are fine if you don't really give a damn about the game or company and are simply greedy for information.

I really love the SC series and have met with some of the development team before. I have a lot of respect for them. If you think about the work and effort the Team is putting into this next game, they were probably excited for the December announcement trailer. Now someone has tarnished a planned Christmas surprise announcement of our new game by ruining the surprise over a month in advance. Sad if true.
So you wanted to admonish him in a roundabout way and the rest of us by proxy. I get it. But once again I ask that you do it somewhere else. That's all I have to say about that.

Last edited:

Attachments

• thats-my-fetish.jpg
    thats-my-fetish.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 168
Nice for Xianghua ! :D
There have been news about the return of Sophitia and Cassandra?

Same question for me. Where is Cassie ?

I thought PS started to work on SC6 like mid 2015, just after the poll. They said on the fb page "Something huge", so I think it was initially to set the pre production or something.

I thought PS started to work on SC6 like mid 2015, just after the poll. They said on the fb page "Something huge", so I think it was initially to set the pre production or something.
I already got into this in an earlier post. Around the time they announced they were shutting down and did shut down Lost Swords in 2015 was when they first started the initial work for the game like pre-planning and planning before going legitimately into production, which was in early to mid 2016.

therefore there's no reason to satisfy a Sets fan except for swaying titties fan service. Or maybe they have some sort of mixed breed large tittied geisha fetish.
lol. As you can see Poll Results opposite your opinion. I surprice you that Setsuka is on 20 place, Xianghua is on 18 place, Leixia is on 40 place. Leixia is basically clone of Xianghua. So if Xianghua was not connected with story almost no one would care about Xianghua because she is generic. This Poll Results proves this.
  1. Talim
  2. Taki
  3. Mitsurugi
  4. Ivy
  5. Kilik
  6. Siegfried
  7. Nightmare
  8. Zasalamel
  9. Yoshimitsu
  10. Tira
  11. Sophitia
  12. Cassandra
  13. Amy
  14. Yun-Seong
  15. Seong-Mina
  16. Cervantes
  17. Voldo
  18. Xianghua
  19. Raphael
  20. Setsuka
  21. Viola
  22. Maxi
  23. Hwang
  24. Hilde
  25. Astaroth
  26. Z.W.E.I.
  27. Natsu
  28. Pyrrha
  29. Xiba
  30. Lizardman
  31. Rock
  32. Li Long
  33. Algol
  34. Dampierre
  35. Aeon
  36. Pyrrha Omega
  37. Patroklos
  38. Alpha Patroklos
  39. Soul Edge
  40. Leixia
  41. Abyss
  42. Charade
  43. Olcadan
  44. Elysium
  45. Edge Master

Last edited:
I already got into this in an earlier post. Around the time they announced they were shutting down and did shut down Lost Swords in 2015 was when they first started the initial work for the game like pre-planning and planning before going legitimately into production, which was in early to mid 2016.
Which means they could use the poll results for a idea who to include :P

What they've been doing to us the last 5 years is pure disrespect. lol
Lost Swords was just about the worst and most illogical thing they could've done with the series. I still can't wrap my head around the "point" of that game existing and why it was necessary for it to.
But whatever. I guess it was some kind of very odd means to an end for experimentation with the series.
SCV and Lost Swords in different ways both served as "doing the wrong thing long enough until you realize you're been doing the wrong thing so you can finally make it right."

My leaking SCVI stuff is the exact opposite of having malicious intent towards them. It's a mix of my being genuinely excited for it as a fan, pride in their direction, and preparing people for good things to come for the series again for the first time in a long time. It's a reason to be excited. And in a series some have waned in being able to for quite some time now.

Lost Swords was just about the worst and most illogical thing they could've done with the series. I still can't wrap my head around the "point" of that game existing and why it was necessary for it to.
They could update SCV with new characters, stages and fixed movesets.

lol. As you can see Poll Results opposite your opinion. I surprice you that Setsuka is on 20 place, Xianghua is on 18 place, Leixia is on 40 place. Leixia is basically clone of Xianghua. So if Xianghua was not connected with story almost no one would care about Xianghua because she is generic. This Poll Results proves this.
  1. Talim
  2. Taki
  3. Mitsurugi
  4. Ivy
  5. Kilik
  6. Siegfried
  7. Nightmare
  8. Zasalamel
  9. Yoshimitsu
  10. Tira
  11. Sophitia
  12. Cassandra
  13. Amy
  14. Yun-Seong
  15. Seong-Mina
  16. Cervantes
  17. Voldo
  18. Xianghua
  19. Raphael
  20. Setsuka
  21. Viola
  22. Maxi
  23. Hwang
  24. Hilde
  25. Astaroth
  26. Z.W.E.I.
  27. Natsu
  28. Pyrrha
  29. Xiba
  30. Lizardman
  31. Rock
  32. Li Long
  33. Algol
  34. Dampierre
  35. Aeon
  36. Pyrrha Omega
  37. Patroklos
  38. Alpha Patroklos
  39. Soul Edge
  40. Leixia
  41. Abyss
  42. Charade
  43. Olcadan
  44. Elysium
  45. Edge Master
Lol! I'm not going to argue with you over who is more popular when the main tool you use to argue her popularity already has my character over yours. That's enough over what you think people like. I just know going by the years I've spent in this community that my impression was that X was much more popular that Sets. Whether it was using her in the game (tournament, online or offline sessions) or her importance in the story. And nothing you have said or presented has changed that impression. The only thing you have shown is that you like her more than X and you hope others do too. So let's just move on. I'm done with this.

They could update SCV with new characters, stages and fixed movesets.
I wish they had done that rather than Lost Swords.
Those characters in an SSCV might have appeased people that didn't like their characters being replaced, and given the game a bit of a resurgence.

Edit: In fact, Lost Swords itself, microtransaction shit aside, might have actually been fun as an extra single-player mode within SSCV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back