Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never played SC1. Does Yun play a lot like Hwang did in that game?

Honestly though, Yun could do with another shot. I really like his super energized youthful aspect, they just need to make him less of a dumbass, or at least capable of learning. Essentially stop finding cheap ways to rehash the same plot time and time again.

Honestly though, Yun could do with another shot. I really like his super energized youthful aspect, they just need to make him less of a dumbass, or at least capable of learning. Essentially stop finding cheap ways to rehash the same plot time and time again.

As a worst version of Hwang. Assassin in SCII was a better character with moves like CH 3AAB, a normal 2A, and some of Xianghua's moves.

No. Hwang was more of an Xianghua clone character in that game.

not trying to be a party pooper but...

Does anyone else think the graphics look really bad and cartoonish? It looks a lot like Street Fighter 4, a game from 2008. The trailer looks like a last-gen game. I guess the gameplay's all that really matters, but I really hope Soulcalibur doesn't go down the cartoonish road.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Interesting. Do you happen to know if there are any carry overs to the style he eventually took on in SCIII/Arcade Edition?

If he and Yun are distinct, no sense not having them both.

Oh wow he really is an X clone. I had always thought that he and Yun Seong had the same moveset, but I was clearly wrong. It'd be great to have them both in the game if they give Hwang his own moveset!

Interesting. Do you happen to know if there are any carry overs to the style he eventually took on in SCIII/Arcade Edition?

If he and Yun are distinct, no sense not having them both.
He had his unique string, 3AAK IIRC. That was retained from SE onwards. Also 3KKK was a staple for him. His style shifted a lot though. He was mostly a Mitsu clone in SE. Assassin in SC2 was basically reprised SC1 Hwang minus the spirit charge cancel stuff. Dunno much about SC3 Hwang. You'd have to ask someone like @MONEYMUFFINS about that.

I'm very curious myself.

Xianghua is going to be really overpowered.
xianghua_by_raikov9-d5fxxzx.jpg

He had his unique string, 3AAK IIRC. That was retained from SE onwards. Also 3KKK was a staple for him. His style shifted a lot though. He was mostly a Mitsu clone in SE. Assassin in SC2 was basically reprised SC1 Hwang minus the spirit charge cancel stuff. Dunno much about SC3 Hwang. You'd have to ask someone like @MONEYMUFFINS about that.

I tend to think about more how Hwang actually played. Movelists don't tend to give the clearest picture in the raw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back