Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I read like a hundred pages back a discussion about Talim and her moveset, I'd like to join in now :P

I consider myself a fairly competitive player, attended some tourneys and stuff.
I mained Talim.
She HAS "the wind" written all over her moveset.
She is incredibly mobile and completely unpredictable in the right hands.
Who cares for lesser damage and worse raw frames, when you can attack practically nonstop, from the front, the sides or even the _back_? One of my fav moves was 11_77B into front flip A+K. Wow, so nice to write in this notation again. Screw tekken.

Anyway, I'm so hyped. This is actually more hypey news than FF7R. Bring SCVI and Talim back, shut up and take my money.

Um, but doesn't that rather imply something like "veterans/veterans' styles" are coming back?

Yes and Setsuka is coming back.

We already know that Mitsu is in the game and SCV's Mitsu's style was still Mitsu, so no other "style" than SCVI obviously. Just his revamped moveset (fingers crossed). So, why show all of his throws that are well-known to us and have never been removed in the first place?

Nostagia and trailer should the new Soul Charge for Sophitia & Mitsu. SCVI's Soul Charge is a V- Trigger mechanic. Mitsu's 22_88BB is only done via Soul Charge in SCII. I think Mitsu's SC4 44AA is similar to a Rage Drive in Tekken 7 because it has the same blue glow as a Rage Drive.

I do highly expect to be unveiling further new information and gameplay of SoulCalibur VI during the Bandai Namco event on the 15th December.

New gameplay info is coming today at PSX at 1:30 PM.

DQlbpkiUQAEkp-l.jpg

I'm not familiar with Mitsu's movelist but did he just stab Sophie mid-air, ground her, and then extend his combo?

Also, I love Sophie's new voice, she sounds a lot less anguished than SC4. Is 'just desserts' a catchphrase she had before? It's iconic in that trailer and is SO clever. It sounds like 'justice hurts' which is the point of the saying in the first place obviously, but it's so clever because it contrasts directly with Patroklos and his 'I am justice' thing.

Also in regards to the google spreadsheet, my suggestion is for the confirmed, likely, neutral, unlikely, deconfirmed boxes, to just fill the box with a pretty colour rather than write their name twice.

She used so say "That is just the start..."

On regards to Sophie's voice.
Between SE and SC II, she had a really strong willed voice, and it was even higher than in III-LS.
The plot direction in III-IV made her sound melancholic and calm, which is what most people remember her as. But she was cheery and even somewhat cheeky in older games.

She used so say "That is just the start..."

On regards to Sophie's voice.
Between SE and SC II, she had a really strong willed voice, and it was even higher than in III-LS.
The plot direction in III-IV made her sound melancholic and calm, which is what most people remember her as. But she was cheery and even somewhat cheeky in older games.

'Just desserts' is so much cooler imo, I'm glad the team are making such well thought out decisions.

I loved her voice and attitude in the first few games, it made me really sad when she got a lot more reserved and bitter but obviously that was an artistic choice reflecting what happened to her and her children so I can't blame it. Her harsh tone when threatening Cassandra in 4 moved me tbh, but I'm just a wimp.

I really like the way Mitsu and Sophitia look fresh, bold and full of energy. I didn't real like the dark and melancholic turns since SC4 and mainly SC5.
Sophitia's face is even a bit funny with that soft confident smile and relaxed attitude ^^ I like it.
Also Mitsurugi's face is asymmetrical with a more complex emotion, which is more expressive, realistic and better overall :)

That costume was inspired by some Visual Kei bands and some of the fashion in the late 90s of the genre in that it had an historical look crossed with how it was glam goth looking.
Ooh, I didn't know that! Hope we get to see that costume return!

It may be my own ears, but it sounds like Matthew Mercer is voicing Mitsurugi now.
I had to look up a compilation of Matthew Mercer's roles since the only character he's voiced that I'm familiar with is Jesse Mccree from Overwatch. I can kinda actually hear the resemblance between his voice in some roles and Mitsurugi's new voice! Makes me wonder...

My opinion regarding the story is that they're gonna pull a Mortal Kombat X:
Events from SC1 and events from SC6 (after SC5) that are gonna be tied together.

Mortal Kombat X was very clever in the way that they combined classic and new characters together as well as younger/older/undead/non canonical older version of every character so that most of fans could be pleased.
Soul Calibur would benefit a lot from this.
I soooo wish it is the case! Multiple generations together, only canon in story mode while everything is permitted in other modes. Let's dream big!

So maybe Sophitia's gods stop being lazy, and finally decided to do something. Took pity on Sophitia's fate, and decided to change it as a reward for being so loyal to them. They keep making emphasis when Sophitia calls for her gods in the videos.

Even if the story won't ouch SCIII, I see no reason Zasalamel couldn't show up as he has existed for longer than Sophitia and Mitsurugi. But will the plot writer even know or care??

Very sad that Sophitia has a different VA now, I feel like her SC4 one was iconic :(

I will be sad, no, angry, if they cast Lani Minella as Ivy's VA again!!!! :sc5aon1:

View attachment 47514

PS4 version for online play and PC version for mods. If there will be cross play PS4/PC then better get PC version.
What??? PC will undoubtedly have better online than PS4, just look at Tekken 7. I'd actually recommend that if you possibly can get it on PC then you should, it will run way better than on any console and just be a better experience overall imo.

What??? PC will undoubtedly have better online than PS4, just look at Tekken 7. I'd actually recommend that if you possibly can get it on PC then you should, it will run way better than on any console and just be a better experience overall imo.

There are a lot more people playing on console than on PC though. About 2 million sales on PS4 and Xbox, versus only 300,000 steam sales. I would rather play online on PS4 just because there are more people to beat

Are you guys sure it's a different VA for Sophitia? Seems really similar (yet sounds younger) to me? Maybe the previous VAs are juste modifying their voice in order to suit the younger look of the characters?
I first thought she had a different VA, but listening to it more it does sound like her SCIV voice but toned differently. Especially with her grunts and screams, she sounds very different. However, I do think the VA may be the same.

For Mitsurugi though his voice does sound completely different, I hear Matthew Mercer too as someone else previously stated.

I actually agree but it won't shock me if the console versions sell better of course but i'm leaning against PC here anyways. Mostly because i don't have an Xbone or PS4 nor do i plan to get one in the near future and because i play most of my fighting games on PC now.

I actually agree but it won't shock me if the console versions sell better of course but i'm leaning against PC here anyways. Mostly because i don't have an Xbone or PS4 nor do i plan to get one in the near future and because i play most of my fighting games on PC now.

The PS4 version will likely have the biggest playerbase same as in Tekken 7's case, but the PC version will probably run better and with shorter load times. I'll be getting both, PC version to play at home and the PS4 one for when I'm going over to a friend's place for some offline sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back