Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll stick to revealing SC1 era characters first and foremost (plus newcomers), or if they'd reveal someone like Zasalamel or Hilde, who don't normally come in until later. Depending on the character's age, it could give us a better idea of what they're doing with this title.

I also wonder what the presence of these new characters means for the story of SC1. How drastically might they alter things? Or will they just be fit neatly into the existing lore?

Um just letting you know soul calibur 3 was extreamly rushed. It had some really cool things in it, but because they rushed testing the game was released with a bunch of game breaking bugs that nearly made the game unplayable. Just go on youtube and look up soulcalibure 3 variable cancels.

I don't know that rushed is the right word to use. It's apparent that a lot of love was put into the game. It still reigns king in terms of content within its own series, and is in the top rung when it comes to fighting games overall. Maybe it was taken out of the oven before its time, but it seems to me that it clearly had a long cook before then.

At the very least, I don't think it was rushed in the same way that SCV was, where the game only had something like a year to be developed in full.

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll stick to revealing SC1 era characters first and foremost (plus newcomers), or if they'd reveal someone like Zasalamel or Hilde, who don't normally come in until later. Depending on the character's age, it could give us a better idea of what they're doing with this title.

I also wonder what the presence of these new characters means for the story of SC1. How drastically might they alter things? Or will they just be fit neatly into the existing lore?

I can see them put all the characters that won't be in the Story/weren't in SC1 but has huge fanbase and Unique style as Season Pass DLC.

Look at those computers... 1:27. They were outdated even back then but they delivered us one of the best intros in videogame history. This is called passion... you can see it in the smiles on their face 0:23. I am sure Namco / Project Soul has better computers now but just look at SCV intro... it sucks. It is not about the technology at your disposal but about the people who are behind it.
A lack of passion (or time) in the development team can kill a game. Specially if you rush it because you don't have enough time to do it properly. Soul Calibur VI deserves to have a better intro than SCIV and V. We want something at the level of SC III / II / Soul Edge

I don't find it a irrelevant topic at all. Usually a good intro equals a great game.
In fact it gives us some important information about the team behind the game. If they have passion or not. It is a very relevant thing considering the Project Soul team is very unstable and has changed a lot through time.
Also this
Plus the fact that the game just like to randomly delete all of your save info. Man Soulcalibur 3 was a broken mess. I had such high hopes for that game when it came out i loved soulcalibur 2 and wanted to get in the tornament scene for 3. But within the span of a month people discovered one game breaking glitch after another and every one dropped it. In fact its the only soulcalibur game to not be featured at evo because of how broken it was. So yea it was extreamly rushed.

Also this
Plus the fact that the game just like to randomly delete all of your save info. Man Soulcalibur 3 was a broken mess. I had such high hopes for that game when it came out i loved soulcalibur 2 and wanted to get in the tornament scene for 3. But within the span of a month people discovered one game breaking glitch after another and every one dropped it. In fact its the only soulcalibur game to not be featured at evo because of how broken it was. So yea it was extreamly rushed.
lol at the floating Talim. But, yeah, SCIII (the console version) is the worst game in the series from a competitive and technical standpoint.

Also this
I always found it so strange that they never bothered to put out a console version of the arcade version of III. But Namco sucked back then with localizing things and decision making to be honest. So it really serves as no surprise.
If they would've done that, then SCIII would have been salvaged from a home console standpoint competitively.
I do think that if they ever re-released SCIII, balanced fully and tested properly, it'd be extremely well received across the board.
In the mean time, we just have to hope that SCVI does everything III did right but combined with what II and V did as well. Because that would please everyone across the board.

Um just letting you know soul calibur 3 was extreamly rushed. It had some really cool things in it, but because they rushed testing the game was released with a bunch of game breaking bugs that nearly made the game unplayable. Just go on youtube and look up soulcalibure 3 variable cancels.
Variable cancels? There is no worse bug in SC3 than the one that destroyed your save file.

Is it safe to say that no one gives a shit about Rock anymore?

There's always...

BANGOOOOO!

Though for how infrequently he actually appears, I'm not entirely convinced that he's even real. I mean, Rock seems like a pretty lonely guy. Wandering the wilderness does things to a man's psyche. Makes him wear animal heads and swim across oceans and pretend he has an adopted son.

I'm extremely stressed out at the idea of the small movesets from SCV. Is this rational fear?

The fact that Mitsu seems to have his mist/relic stance game back makes me hopeful but I am literally on edge with Siegfried and Voldo.

There's always...

BANGOOOOO!

Though for how infrequently he actually appears, I'm not entirely convinced that he's even real. I mean, Rock seems like a pretty lonely guy. Wandering the wilderness does things to a man's psyche. Makes him wear animal heads and swim across oceans and pretend he has an adopted son.
Ahh yes. SCIV Rock. Also known as "We turned him into Triple H while you weren't looking" Rock.
Might as well change his weapon to complete the transformation.
Though him using a hammer and looking like Triple H on IV was a clear reference to Triple H's affinity for Conan related Wrestlemania gear and wielding a trusty sledgehammer.

Attachments

• Triple H-Shovel Dance.gif
    Triple H-Shovel Dance.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
I'm extremely stressed out at the idea of the small movesets from SCV. Is this rational fear?

The fact that Mitsu seems to have his mist/relic stance game back makes me hopeful but I am literally on edge with Siegfried and Voldo.
I think it's safe to assume that the movesets will be expanded.

I hope that they take the legacy route, but add a lot more moves. I'm assuming that they're probably going to be using the moves from SCIV rather than SCV, even though sophitia had pyrrha omega's 236B:4 pop up while in her v-trigger like stance. (does that have a name by the way?)

Nevertheless, I'm really hoping that we'll see brand new stances and moves, as well as some old ones returning. I really like all of the ways that Natsu could get into Possession Stance and I hope to see some of them carry over.

Variable cancels? There is no worse bug in SC3 than the one that destroyed your save file.
Well from a competitive stand point it was the glitch that completely ruind the game. Causing all kinds of dumb shit like 100% combos in a game that dosent have combos, And being able to recover and summon suffering someone who guard impacted you before they had a chance to recover from performing the guard impact.

I don't know if forcing a tech is the glitch, but... what if they didn't tech?
Yea unfortunately pretty much all of the videos of people exploiting variable cancels were either deleted or never got put on youtube. So this was the best I could find, But either way a free roman cancel in a game that was never supposed have them is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back