Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DRUN6OtUMAAKbaj.jpg
This is the most disappointing thing ever. 20 characters? You must be joking, this is less than SC4 and SC5. I don't care if they're gonna retell the story of SC1, its stupid to make such an absurdely small roster. Sure, there may be secret or unlockable characters with hidden slots, but that only slightly increases the ammount of characters. Not to mention we're likely getting only two new characters (Kilik's rival and his parent) and all others will be just veterans, one of which is likely Rock, whom nobody cares about. How do they intend to make a story mode with only 20 characters?

Maybe alternative 'skins' of duplicate characters and similar styles. Have Rock a alternative Astaroth skin so Asta 1p Asta 2p Rock 1p Rock 2p for one of those slots. And is a way to include the sc5 versions of styles like Natsu under Taki or Xiba under Kilik.

This is not the type of select screen that will change much until release. Its obviously already finished, just like every other demo select screen.

If this is what it looks like finished then I'll be sad. It's not even symmetrical.

Well, I could do without Rock.

WTF man, Rock is a staple of Soul Calibur series - Big native american with axe or mace and a head of an animal. This is very cool. Rock was one of the nostalgic elements of Soul Blade in my childhood and his grass stage, he was kind big man, like a rival to Astaroth in SC1. It's like Tekken without King, I don't buy it. So ALL get the fuck off of Rock :)

A ton of those slots are linked by a small dotted line. You guys think that means anything or it's just a design?

I turned it up to 1080p and slowed it down.
It is hard to say if it is design or if it is a connection between them.
But i go with design, because those dotted lines are symetric (as long as the chars are not set up in a certain order ) those lines seem more design-wise.
Another point would be - the stages are "connected" the same way.
It can be both but for now i say it is only design.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back