Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think they'd be willing to make SCVI on the Wii U, too? TTT2 did it. Plus, they could possibly make Link the bonus character again. If they did that, it might boost sales given that the GC version of SC2 sold the most for a reason.

Does anyone think they'd be willing to make SCVI on the Wii U, too? TTT2 did it. Plus, they could possibly make Link the bonus character again. If they did that, it might boost sales given that the GC version of SC2 sold the most for a reason.
I doubt it. TTT2 sold poorly on Wii U, and so did all other 3rd-party games. There's a reason why most developers abandoned the console and avoided it like the plague shortly after release. Even Ubisoft, who seemed to be the lone holdout, has given up on it. Plus, an ideal SCVI is one powered by next-gen and I don't want the Wii U holding it back.

10898321_911969548836202_4457088207033622244_n.jpg

I doubt it. TTT2 sold poorly on Wii U, and so did all other 3rd-party games. There's a reason why most developers abandoned the console and avoided it like the plague shortly after release. Even Ubisoft, who seemed to be the lone holdout, has given up on it. Plus, an ideal SCVI is one powered by next-gen and I don't want the Wii U holding it back.
That's true. Just a thought I had.
Dat foreshadowing... I'm glad the FB page is responding to fans. It's nice.

That's true. Just a thought I had.

I wouldn't count it out yet. Namco has worked with Nintendo with Smash and is currently working with them on Pokken.
Plus, Nintendo is hard at work bringing exclusives to the Wii U...

...and there's also the 3DS...

I can't help but still be a bit worried that the changes Daishi made will still be in place in SCVI. Sort of like how 343 kept all the shitty changes Bungie made to Halo and then amplified them even further. I'm just not sure if I can trust Hoshino because he's such a blank, I can only make assumptions about the direction he'll be taking the series. There are things like Hoshino changing the logo back to the old one, the profile changes, and bringing back the characters in non-canon games, but it's hard not to be worried because nothing is concrete.

I wouldn't count it out yet. Namco has worked with Nintendo with Smash and is currently working with them on Pokken.
Plus, Nintendo is hard at work bringing exclusives to the Wii U...

...and there's also the 3DS...
Except Tekken 7 isn't going to be on Wii U, being a next-gen fighter. I doubt they're going to make SC on Wii U unless they want to kill it. Also, remember SCIIHDO wasn't on Wii U even though tons of Nintendo fans begged for it.

Tag 2 was on Wii U and T7 isn't confirmed on any specific consoles.
Like I said before, TTT2 bombed. Also, we know it's not on Wii U because Tekken 7 is specifically said to be a next-gen fighter on a more powerful engine, one that the Wii U can't handle.

I can't help but still be a bit worried that the changes Daishi made will still be in place in SCVI. Sort of like how 343 kept all the shitty changes Bungie made to Halo and then amplified them even further. I'm just not sure if I can trust Hoshino because he's such a blank, I can only make assumptions about the direction he'll be taking the series. There are things like Hoshino changing the logo back to the old one, the profile changes, and bringing back the characters in non-canon games, but it's hard not to be worried because nothing is concrete.
Then again, maybe I'm just getting really anxious now that we're nearing SCVI's announcement. What little unsureness I had before is now magnified as I think of the worst possible scenario, even though Hoshino's vision is like very different from Daishi's.

Then again, maybe I'm just getting really anxious now that we're nearing SCVI's announcement. What little unsureness I had before is now magnified as I think of the worst possible scenario, even though Hoshino's vision is like very different from Daishi's.
It'll probably be closer to SC2 if anything since Hoshino worked on that game (or maybe it was SC3...). Either way, anything is better than how Virtua Fighter is doing right now. I'm sure Hoshino will do fine as a director. Of course, as long as he is not rushed like Daishi was.

It'll probably be closer to SC2 if anything since Hoshino worked on that game (or maybe it was SC3...). Either way, anything is better than how Virtua Fighter is doing right now. I'm sure Hoshino will do fine as a director. Of course, as long as he is not rushed like Daishi was.
Hoshino's been involved since the beginning. Seriously, you can find his name in Soul Blade's credits. I also suspect he's trying to make the series like DOA, if LS is anything to go by.

Daishi being gone gives me a little bit of hope for SC, but yeah I also fear that a lot of the SC5 changes will carry over. Give me SC2 movement and SC3's GI system and I'll be set for life.

I would like Patroklos possessed by Elysium using a modified version of his shield and sword style from SCV. Basically, he should be to SCVI as to what Siegfried was to SCII.
That would be very interesting.

If SCVI has guest characters (we already know it will), how would you feel if it included multiple guest characters from different franchises? I just thought of this after finally purchasing SCIIHDO, where Heihachi and Spawn are playable in the same game.
It could happen.

God bless you, Party Wolf!

G5PZnQa.gif

Eh, Alpha Patroklos is fine.

On another note, I wonder if a [native] PS4/Xbox One of SCV will be released, ever. That would be nice.

I really hope Patroklos makes it back(whether Alpha or not). I actually liked him, even if he was kinda botched by the story(but honestly, so was Siegfried, despite having multiple games to flesh him out).

But preferably as a mixture of both. Take out the most obvious Setsuka moves, and the most clearly borrowed moves from other Sword and Shielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back