Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One could be cynical and say that Lost Swords is an indication they're willing to charge for classic characters. But I agree that SC6 will likely feature a lot of returning classic characters. To be realistic, this poll is probably just for marketing and it won't make much practical difference.

Oh come on, don't say that it's useless ^^ I hope they use this poll to know what to put in the gameu so it sell well, they don't want to repeat the same mistake they did in SC5 :p I hope they don't... xD

Considering how many character packs, preorder specials and post lauch character releases there are nowadays, it may be possible that the poll is for the devs to create additional characters and sell them post launch or via preorder for DLC. They may have already decided whos in and whos not for Soulcalibur6 and that the poll is for DLC purposes. OR Maybe this is to avoid time restraint issues which they suffered in SC5. They poll and then assure fans that their favorite characters will be added post launch.

This can be a terrific or terrible thing depending on your views of DLC.
This is all just speculation of course, im just thinking of all possibilities.

Any thoughts?

Considering how many character packs, preorder specials and post lauch character releases there are nowadays, it may be possible that the poll is for the devs to create additional characters and sell them post launch or via preorder for DLC. They may have already decided whos in and whos not for Soulcalibur6 and that the poll is for DLC purposes. OR Maybe this is to avoid time restraint issues which they suffered in SC5. They poll and then assure fans that their favorite characters will be added post launch.

This can be a terrific or terrible thing depending on your views of DLC.
This is all just speculation of course, im just thinking of all possibilities.

Any thoughts?

My thought right now is that we can only speculate and hope we get some news by the end of the month, I really hope that they don't just close the poll and say thank everybody who voted.

But then again, I find it strange to ask people their opinion on their favorite character when they already developed some of the characters from the poll. And imagine if a lot of character that they already made for the game are actually the ones that got the least votes xD

Having a poll like this will peak interest and show the fans some appreciation. Alot of current complaints have been that the company was ignoring us by supporting Lost Swords, which nobody cares about.
Not only that, seeing fan favorites will be profitable in planning out the game. They know nostaligia and favorite characters sell. Which was the whole reason they tried to make SCII HD, and Lost Swords (epic fail). This poll should potentially have a big impact on the roster if they really are gonna do a SCVI. Though keep in mind, even if most ppl don't like Patty cakes, he's probably going to still be in considering he was the protagonist. They may put less time into his design and impact for story but that's it. So some chars will still be in despite low votes I would guess.

*I hope they keep viola so that RAPHAEL, can have Amy's moves (that she took from him in the first place). His moveset gets lamer with each game =__=

Having a poll like this will peak interest and show the fans some appreciation. Alot of current complaints have been that the company was ignoring us by supporting Lost Swords, which nobody cares about.
Not only that, seeing fan favorites will be profitable in planning out the game. They know nostaligia and favorite characters sell. Which was the whole reason they tried to make SCII HD, and Lost Swords (epic fail). This poll should potentially have a big impact on the roster if they really are gonna do a SCVI. Though keep in mind, even if most ppl don't like Patty cakes, he's probably going to still be in considering he was the protagonist. They may put less time into his design and impact for story but that's it. So some chars will still be in despite low votes I would guess.

*I hope they keep viola so that RAPHAEL, can have Amy's moves (that she took from him in the first place). His moveset gets lamer with each game =__=

I do agree with you for the nostalgia part it even worked with me since I bought day one SC2HD and played Lost Swords (Damn Amy is OP in this one) ^^'
But I don't agree on the Amy /Raph part I never understood why people are bothered with 2 fencers but not with: I don't know how many Sword/Shield combo, or with Kilik and Seong Mi-na or even with Asta and rock... And to me Amy and Raphael were always really different (I use to main Raph (and Cervantes) in SC2 and 3) and to me they are nothing alike, sure they have some similar moves but the ones I quoted above too and nobody is complaining (I'll never understand it I guess :p).

I do agree with you for the nostalgia part it even worked with me since I bought day one SC2HD and played Lost Swords (Damn Amy is OP in this one) ^^'
But I don't agree on the Amy /Raph part I never understood why people are bothered with 2 fencers but not with: I don't know how many Sword/Shield combo, or with Kilik and Seong Mi-na or even with Asta and rock... And to me Amy and Raphael were always really different (I use to main Raph (and Cervantes) in SC2 and 3) and to me they are nothing alike, sure they have some similar moves but the ones I quoted above too and nobody is complaining (I'll never understand it I guess :p).
Personally, I feel like they spent too much time on her instead of Raph. She was top tier in SCIV and he was just sorta decent. It broke muh heart to see him continually get worse ;A; and to see his daughter overshot him by like a mile, and take some of his moves that were there since SCII.

Personally, I feel like they spent too much time on her instead of Raph. She was top tier in SCIV and he was just sorta decent. It broke muh heart to see him continually get worse ;A; and to see his daughter overshot him by like a mile, and take some of his moves that were there since SCII.

The student surpassed the master, never heard about that one? xD To be serious, new characters are usually OP even in SC5 Look at Patricia or Viola. And I don't agree about "getting worse" part in SC5 he was pretty good (then he got nerfed :p) and still he had almost the same moves from SC4 (maybe even less) and even with Amy away from SC5 he only shared 4 to 5 (maybe more I didn't really count them :p) moves with her old SC4 movelist.

(By the way, sorry if I'm not really clear English is clearly not my native language :p)

The student surpassed the master, never heard about that one? xD To be serious, new characters are usually OP even in SC5 Look at Patricia or Viola. And I don't agree about "getting worse" part in SC5 he was pretty good (then he got nerfed :p) and still he had almost the same moves from SC4 (maybe even less) and even with Amy away from SC5 he only shared 4 to 5 (maybe more I didn't really count them :p) moves with her old SC4 movelist.

(By the way, sorry if I'm not really clear English is clearly not my native language :p)
Who's Patricia? LOL
And not always, look at Zwei :P

Everyone's movelist got smaller in SCV so that's not really valid. With Amy's removal, he managed to snatch back some things. Like her 4B+K in SCIV.

Who's Patricia? LOL
And not always, look at Zwei :P

Everyone's movelist got smaller in SCV so that's not really valid. With Amy's removal, he managed to snatch back some things. Like her 4B+K in SCIV.

Oh, that's how I call Patroklos xD sorry about that ^^'
I knew you were going to bring ZWEI out, yea sure he's not that good, but I saw some people do some cool stuff with him too, he maybe needs a lil dmg boost.
Did he have that move in SC2 I don't remember anymore (Even in SC2 I never found him that strong, the gap between him and Mitsu or Cerv was really big ^^)

Oh, that's how I call Patroklos xD sorry about that ^^'
I knew you were going to bring ZWEI out, yea sure he's not that good, but I saw some people do some cool stuff with him too, he maybe needs a lil dmg boost.
Did he have that move in SC2 I don't remember anymore (Even in SC2 I never found him that strong, the gap between him and Mitsu or Cerv was really big ^^)
Oh from SC2-SC4, he was definitely the best in II. Zwei's best strength is actually his dmg. But everything else falls flat, such as terrible grab range, laughable frames for CE, lack of good lows, and etc.
But yea, I'll just say that if devs put equal time into Amy and Raphael, so that they're both equal to one another and not just favoring her and making her top tier, I'm perfectly fine with her return. Cuz I really want him to be good again and have a fuller moveset. ;A;

Oh from SC2-SC4, he was definitely the best in II. Zwei's best strength is actually his dmg. But everything else falls flat, such as terrible grab range, laughable frames for CE, lack of good lows, and etc.
But yea, I'll just say that if devs put equal time into Amy and Raphael, so that they're both equal to one another and not just favoring her and making her top tier, I'm perfectly fine with her return. Cuz I really want him to be good again and have a fuller moveset. ;A;

Well, I never said he was worse in SC2 and in SC3 he wasn't that bad either, maybe a tiny bit slower than before to my opinion.
Yeah for the SC4 and 5 time was the actual problem! They need to spend more time on the developing and not to rush it like they did it with SC5 (even though it wasn't really their fault, thanks again Bamco).
As for ZWEI I think he has some potential with launchers and air juggle with his doggy thing ^^

I don't think they should go just by the survey alone because some of these characters like Hwang and Li Long haven't been seen in so long that some people won't know who they are and might not vote for them. Anyway it's nice to see they're not gonna make the same mistake with the roster twice but I hope they give us a better single player this time too. I know they said they couldn't make the story mode as long as they wanted thanks to lack of money and manpower but for me the problem wasn't just length. It was boring. It seems like the common thing to do in fighting game story modes these days is have you watch a cutscene, do a battle, watch a cutscene, do a battle, etc and that's what they did with SCV.

Maybe I'm spoiled by the older games but that's not good enough. I'd like to see something like Chronicles of the Sword or maybe another Weapon Master mode or something like that. For the story they could let you choose your path through it like ToS mode in SCIII. If they give us another bad single player again it might change whether I buy it or not. I know some people are gonna say it's casual or whatever but I gotta have my single player.

The only thing for NB to do is to show themselves some love and support for the game.
There is no way that (we) their community will not support them If they put some effort into the next calibur game.
I can't really describe what exactly "effort" means, but although SCV wasn't a bad game, it seemed VERY rushed in almost every aspect (community feedback about patching, missing characters/movesets, poor single player)

it seems like people don't understand that Namco/Bandai is NOT the company in charge of balancing and characters, etc. it's Team Soul. Team Soul works under NB. like an employer working for their boss. Team Soul tried to put out a quality game but was interrupted due to the Tsunami and natural disasters that struck Japan. But instead of giving TS the time they lost NB had them release their product on the original intended date. so TS had to narrow their focus down a lot. so if people want to blame someone for the quality of SCV then blame Bamco. i just blame TS for Viola being ridiculous.

it seems like people don't understand that Namco/Bandai is NOT the company in charge of balancing and characters, etc. it's Team Soul. Team Soul works under NB. like an employer working for their boss. Team Soul tried to put out a quality game but was interrupted due to the Tsunami and natural disasters that struck Japan. But instead of giving TS the time they lost NB had them release their product on the original intended date. so TS had to narrow their focus down a lot. so if people want to blame someone for the quality of SCV then blame Bamco. i just blame TS for Viola being ridiculous.
It's not really fair to completely blame PS for Viola. In Vanilla SCV the most vocal group thought Viola was utter crap and low tier and needed buffs. So they listened and gave them to her. The problem was people still hadn't discovered everything Viola, so the buffs, which seemed reasonable at the time, made her too strong in hindsight lol.

It's not really fair to completely blame PS for Viola. In Vanilla SCV the most vocal group thought Viola was utter crap and low tier and needed buffs. So they listened and gave them to her. The problem was people still hadn't discovered everything Viola, so the buffs, which seemed reasonable at the time, made her too strong in hindsight lol.
i blame project soul because they decided to listen to the people about balance issues. they made a lot of questionable decisions. like nerfing leixia through the floor. taking out Tira's garaunteed stance transition moves (which was a thing fans wanted). and then buffing Viola even though it was the game was new and people obviously didn't fully understand the character.

I'd be quite content with the game mechanics to be the same as SCV i think they did that really well.
more characters, more stages, more story, even better online we would be sorted :D

I agree, Ninjaguy, no one is going to everything about a new game in a month or two. It takes years to everything about a game. Leixia vs Viola was a 10-0 matchup in Leixia's favor pre-patch. Leixia vs Viola is still a 10-0 matchup in Leixia's favor post-patch.

i blame project soul because they decided to listen to the people about balance issues. they made a lot of questionable decisions. like nerfing leixia through the floor.

Leixia is fine now. She needed to nerfed because she even more overpowered than SCIII Xianghua. Leixia had a Double CE glitch when she did her CE because it doesn't hit grounded opponents, but for CE it did only after landing a CE and it didn't scale giving her extra damage(Example - CE Pre-patch was 70x2= 140 DMG/CE Post-patch 1.02 was 76x2=152 DMG), Leixia pre-patch's guard damage was Godlike because WS B[BE] chipped guard in 7 blocks, evade fast, did great damage without evading a vertical attack, 33_99BB doing about the same thing meterless, 6KK stunned on NH giving Leixia the opportunity to do extremely fast guard chip, 44[A] was faster and unduckable, and moves like 3B, FC 3B, 6A+B, 3B+K, 3B+KK(2nd Hit Only), 1B+K, 22_88B, 11_44_77K breaking a bit faster.

I guess you want X back in SCVI to have every matchup being a 10-0 in her favor.

I agree, Ninjaguy, no one is going to everything about a new game in a month or two. It takes years to everything about a game. Leixia vs Viola was a 10-0 matchup in Leixia's favor pre-patch. Leixia vs Viola is still a 10-0 matchup in Leixia's favor post-patch.

How is Leixia v.s. Viola a 10-0 matchup in Lexia's favor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back