Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all calm and collected, as we were fucked over by fake leaks too much before. But I bet I will lose my shit even from just a 30 second teaser half of which is just logos of companies and another half is a black screen with still text "the soul still burns" with SCVI itself logo appearing after.

It should be a CG trailer, so we won't see the real graphics of the game yet if so. But it's still super exciting to see an announcement of a new Canon SC game. And the official infos should follow right after from BN and PS. We should as well get a real gameplay demo video on BNE/PSX or both.

Wonder what engine they'll go with BTW, i would bet they'll go with UE4 like many other FGs did.

It should be a CG trailer, so we won't see the real graphics of the game yet if so. But it's still super exciting to see an announcement of a new Canon SC game. And the official infos should follow right after from BN and PS. We should as well get a real gameplay demo video on BNE/PSX or both.

Wonder what engine they'll go with BTW, i would bet they'll go with UE4 like many other FGs did.
Probably UE4, and I can't wait to see how phenomenal SC will look on current gen.

I'm all calm and collected, as we were fucked over by fake leaks too much before. But I bet I will lose my shit even from just a 30 second teaser half of which is just logos of companies and another half is a black screen with still text "the soul still burns" with SCVI itself logo appearing after.
Same, I'm trying not to be too impatient, but if a 30-sec. teaser is released, I'm gonna watch it again and again until we see the real reveal!

I'm hoping that, if the rumor that they meant to announce/tease it last year--before the delay--is true, then there won't be too big a gap between announcement this year and its eventual release.

That said, if it takes more time to make a content complete/content rich game, I'm all for it. But please, not another Tekken 7 situation where the game takes ages to come out and is still slimmer on content than its predecessors. Blagh.

I'm hoping that, if the rumor that they meant to announce/tease it last year--before the delay--is true, then there won't be too big a gap between announcement this year and its eventual release.

That said, if it takes more time to make a content complete/content rich game, I'm all for it. But please, not another Tekken 7 situation where the game takes ages to come out and is still slimmer on content than its predecessors. Blagh.
Thankfully SC isn't arcade driven, so we won't have to wait three years for it after announcement.

not another Tekken 7 situation where the game takes ages to come out and is still slimmer on content than its predecessors
It was on arcades for nearly 3 YEARS and it's a barebones. All DLC outfits were already on arcades for a few years, online on PS4 is buggy as hell, there is almost no offline content and customization is nearly below T5-level, nerly below the game this feature was first introduced!

Thankfully SC isn't arcade driven, so we won't have to wait three years for it after announcement.

You took the words from my mouth. Yeah thankfully SC6 will very probably be a console straight game and not a 3 years time exclusive arcade game like T7 was.

It was on arcades for nearly 3 YEARS and it's a barebones. All DLC outfits were already on arcades for a few years, online on PS4 is buggy as hell, there is almost no offline content and customization is nearly below T5-level, nerly below the game this feature was first introduced!

Yeah this, . And in those 3 years it wasn't even to complete the console version, but the team was working on many non Tekken game while Arcade Tekken was milking money.

Anyway i don't wanna talk about that more, but yeah thankfully SC6 won't have the same "Arcade Cycle" as Harada like to call it so much.

I used to like Tekken a little bit more, but I felt so mistreated as a fan with the Tekken 7 cycle that I couldn't even bring myself to buy it when all was said and done. Maybe I'll get a "complete edition" on sale, or something.

SoulCalibur hasn't been much better as of late, but I've got hope for VI.

Take this with a mountain of salt, but... apparently Liam Robertson said on a Patreon exclusive podcast that SCVI will be one of the games shown at Namco's event on the 15th. (Source)

I kinda have a hard time believing this, since the info doesn't seem to be from a reputable site and there's no way to verify the claims right now. BUT if this is what Robertson actually said, then I definitely believe him. (For those who don't know, this is the same guy who leaked the existence of that Mario and Rabbids game before it was announced, as well as the return of Metroid.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back