Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit insulting to the range of a voice actor, no?
Exactly. What if someone said that to like, Tara Strong for example.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    315.9 KB · Views: 78
Shower thought: If that is in fact Matthew Mercer voicing young Mitsu, and it does sound a LOT like him, does that mean no Zwei? D:
Maybe they're changing the voice actors for all of the characters, including ZWEI if he returns?

Possibly, though not necessarily a deconfirmation. Voice actors can voice multiple characters, though that doesn't happen much in SC. Still, I wouldn't count on Z.W.E.I. returning given the timeline.
But he had a unique moveset, I'd have hoped they'd bring it back in some capacity. Besides, if the game is pulling an MK9 some form of V should appear and that'd be enough justification for me, along with a likely revamped Natsu.

Bit insulting to the range of a voice actor, no?
I wasn't implying that in the least, I just really don't enjoy having one voice actor voice multiple characters in a medium, though I understand Ezio/Sieg, since he was a guest. That being said I really hope Crispin Freeman comes back as Sieg over Roger Craig Smith.

Hard to tell without high quality screenshots, but it looks like they've removed or toned down the extremely heavy chromatic aberration they had applied to Tekken 7. I'm happy if that's the case as Tekken 7 looked like a blurry mess because of it. Even if they didn't, there's always the possibility of modding the PC version.

By the way, I forgot to make 5 posts in a row where I'm writing in all caps about how great it is they're making a PC version, but that is very great news. I really hope the game will end up getting a very active modding community. For instance, it would be cool to see people port over costumes from SC4/5 into SC6. And of course, we can expect roughly one billion nude mods for Ivy.

I found it a little bit funny that the footage in that interview has tiny text saying "Footage captured on PC." It's pretty common for multiplatform games to have footage captured from a PC version, but it's still funny to see on a Playstation-centric event.

Maybe they're changing the voice actors for all of the characters, including ZWEI if he returns?
If they did it for ZWEI I'm fine with that. His artwork was too dramatically intimidatingly sexy for both his in-game model and voice.

But he had a unique moveset, I'd have hoped they'd bring it back in some capacity. Besides, if the game is pulling an MK9 some form of V should appear and that'd be enough justification for me, along with a likely revamped Natsu.

I wasn't implying that in the least, I just really don't enjoy having one voice actor voice multiple characters in a medium, though I understand Ezio/Sieg, since he was a guest. That being said I really hope Crispin Freeman comes back as Sieg over Roger Craig Smith.
We're not sure if those artworks are real or if they're just for their portfolio like they said. Nothing really shows any of the artwork concepts in what we've seen so far. Sophitia's design for example looks nothing like the concept we saw. We only speculated they were real because we had nothing to go on. But anyways I felt like his style was a little out of place. I was never a fan of his design either. So I wouldn't really miss him if he was gone.

I just noticed the HP bar is divided into 5 parts (looks like dividers are at 50%, 30%, 20%, and 10%). Any idea what that could mean? Some kind of rage system?

I don't think classic SC characters will be DLC. Tekken 7 had the chance to do that (they could have had fighters like Lei and Anna as DLC), but they didn't and used all those resources on guest characters instead. I think SC6's release day roster will be the one we're stuck with, for better or worse.

I don't think classic SC characters will be DLC. Tekken 7 had the chance to do that (they could have had fighters like Lei and Anna as DLC), but they didn't and used all those resources on guest characters instead. I think SC6's release day roster will be the one we're stuck with, for better or worse.

Geese Howard because SNK is profitable again. Noctis because SCVI was going to announced at The Game Awards 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back