Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There I think it becomes a matter of preference. I find Aeon's situation more impactful, since he's been put through this gauntlet of misfortune, and at the end of it (which isn't really the end, since he's still a lizard), the god he's pledged himself to won't even speak to him. It's a pretty cold, direct betrayal.

Cassandra has more of a secondhand anger, and though she doesn't like Hephaestus, she's still doing his bidding, just on behalf of her sister.

It's a shame there haven't been any canon encounters between Cassandra and Aeon. Seems like they'd be on the same page.

That's what I'm hoping happens with SCVI's story. If it's a soft reboot then there can be new character interactions and slight changes to the plot.

I wonder how far they would go? Like if the events start from Soul Blade, I wonder if they would do something ballsy like instead of having Siegfried getting taken over by Soul Edge Mitsurugi is. Nightmare would be a Demon Samurai instead of Knight.

There is quite a lot of interesting possibilities that could happen.

I doubt it's a remake, given the hints so far. Why would it be called Soulcalibur VI if it's a remake?
Well, its been Soul Edge, Soul Blade and Soul Calibur, maybe Namco just wants to keep the current name that most people know. Besides, many franchises, like Devil May Cry have titles that are not numbered based on timeline.

Did they bring back meterless guard impact? I can't really tell from the gameplay preview. In that video, they whiff a couple GI's, and it doesn't seem to decrease anything, so I think the old GI might be back.

I really hope that you are right! And I really need my Setsuka in Soul Calibur 6! BTW I want to see back in the game: Zwei, Viola, Zasalamel, Siegfried, Yun or Hwang, Talim, Patroklos and Tira!

I am right. Setsuka makes all their moves no longer matter with JI. I'm glad Xianghua isn't OP anymore because she has Leixia damage because Guard Bursting is in SCVI.

Did they bring back meterless guard impact? I can't really tell from the gameplay preview. In that video, they whiff a couple GI's, and it doesn't seem to decrease anything, so I think the old GI might be back.

They did and JG is gone.

Well, its been Soul Edge, Soul Blade and Soul Calibur, maybe Namco just wants to keep the current name that most people know. Besides, many franchises, like Devil May Cry have titles that are not numbered based on timeline.
But we have multiple hints so far that SCVI is some kind of cosmic retcon:

The quote "Just as shadows are cast where there is light, history hides away more than one truth." suggests that there is an altered history with the implication that there's more than "one" truth.

The teaser trailer shows clips of the legendary swords Soul Edge and Soul Calibur awakening in power from previous games (including SCV) in a flashback-like sequence.

The German version of the Namco website translates to "Travel through a parallel world, set in the 16th century..." hinting that Astral Chaos may be a factor.

Last edited:

The quote "Just as shadows are cast where there is light, history hides away more than one truth." suggests that there is an altered history with the implication that there's more than "one" truth.

The teaser trailer shows clips of the legendary swords Soul Edge and Soul Calibur awakening in power from previous games (including ''V'') in a flashback-like sequence.

The German version of the Namco website translates to "Travel through a parallel world, set in the 16th century..." hinting that Astral Chaos may be a factor.

SCVI is a reboot.

I'm really glad they're bringing back the equipment destruction. I thought that was a really cool and dynamic aspect of SC4.

The teaser trailer shows clips of the legendary swords Soul Edge and Soul Calibur awakening in power from previous games (including ''V'') in a flashback-like sequence.

I guess we'll have to see, then. The parallel world is a thing, but "history hides away more than one truth" may not be a hint at something happening inside the game, you know, for the characters, but happening outside, for us, instead.

I'm really glad they're bringing back the equipment destruction. I thought that was a really cool and dynamic aspect of SC4.
I preferred it in SC5, honestly. But I would want to select which parts we could destroy or not, so it wouldn't be embarassing when we didn't want to or it would be sexy when we wanted to. It feels kinda like an eyesore in some cases.

Hello everyone!
I don't remember if I ever posted on this forum, but I made a profile a lot of time ago, and I was always reading it during all this time.
I just wanna say that I'm super happy they're finally doing another SC: I literally cried almost when I read the official announcement. Even if during time I started playing and loving other fighting games, SC is my first love. I remember working for 1 summer when I was a teenager just to buy a PS and Soul Edge, same for Dreamcast and Soul Calibur. I played every game in the franchise except SC3 cause I didn't have a PS3.
And now a new SC is on the horizon, almost unbelievable. Now it's starting that period of time I love of speculations about the roster, stages, story, etc... I hope they're gonna do 2p costumes.
I personally think also SC5 had its merits: imo the stages were beautifully done and I liked the art direction of the costumes, especially for the female characters (Ivy for example, they mantained her sexy and voluptuous look while adding an elegant edge). They also introduced one of my favorite characters in the franchise which is Viola. I really hope she's gonna return in 6.

Sorry for the long post guys, what can I say... THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE!

SCVI's V - Trigger mechanic that cost 1 bar of meter to perform enhancement of moves via add guard breaks to moves or be equivalent of SCV Brave Edges.
Wouldn't that be Reversal Edge?

Isn't Soul Charge the A+B+K mechanic we had up till SCIII, where you charged blue flames to give some moves special attributes?

As much as I would love there being only one universal guest character, the prospect of the game being released on multiple platforms (as well as possible Switch port) brings up the idea of version-exclusive guests. Geralt for PC, a Fire Emblem character for Switch (probably Lucina or Corrin); as for PS4/XBONE, (insert JRPG character here).

Wouldn't that be Reversal Edge?

Isn't Soul Charge the A+B+K mechanic we had up till SCIII, where you charged blue flames to give some moves special attributes?

They modified Soul Charge for SCVI, which does add more properties to some moves as well as turn some combos into Brave Edge-esque combos. Reversal Edge is different; it's the clash mechanic that was heavily featured in the first trailer.

As much as I would love there being only one universal guest character, the prospect of the game being released on multiple platforms (as well as possible Switch port) brings up the idea of version-exclusive guests. Geralt for PC, a Fire Emblem character for Switch (probably Lucina or Corrin); as for PS4/XBONE, (insert JRPG character here).
Why are people so obsessed with this idea? Anyways, why Geralt for PC when The Witcher is on all platforms now and is successful on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back