Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny-NEW GAME-

Like I said before, I'm just happy that Namco is showing some sort of attention towards this series. I'm looking forward to what kind of single player mode they're going to have. The Tower of Souls is pure garbage. To be honest though, the PSP is used just to kill time and I'd rather play an SC game while waiting at a doctor's office or whatever than some jabroni racing game. Either way no matter how you look at it, this is good news for the Soul series.

I am at once pleased at the prospect of a portable SCIV and disgruntled at having to play on pad again after converting to stick.

I'll buy it, though.

One of the features that Hiyama pointed out was that new lighting effects have been added so that the stages will have different times of day. You could be slicing your way to victory with a glorious sunset at your back instead of winning in broad daylight all the time.

Soul Edge did this. Sigh. Namco.

MAGFUCKINNEATO

CURLY MUSTAAAAACHE!

I've been looking for an excuse to buy a PSP anyway for work, and maybe we'll even see a patch from this. I'm trying to be optimistic lol.

I honestly thought this was going to happen right after soulcalibur4 came out last year. Reason being is because they did the exact same thing with Tekken 5. I never purchased Tekken 5, but i bought Dark Resurection for the psp chiefly because i was hypnotized by the insane weird magic that must have been used to get that nice of a fighting game play pretty well on a portable. I guess i'm too old school that i thought fighters are only complete garbage on portables, but DR wasn't bad at all. Only thing i didn't like was only having 2 triggers instead of 4. That made it very difficult for me to do some button combinations and i suspect it'll take some getting used to for soulcalibur too since i always map all triggers for 2 button combinations. But i'll probably end up getting it. Maybe not right away, but then if i wait a while and they DO end up adding it to DL content, then i might not. I guess it just depends on what else they do with it DL content wise. This is a good sign never the less since it does prove Soulcalibur is still on the map for namco.

GODDAMN! I was just beginning to like Vader. I don't want Willy Wonka, give me the Sith Lord! Oh well, its not like i have to buy it.

Hey guys, is he wearing a one-piece?!?!?

It also proves that there will be a sequel to SC, even if it may not be a continuation. NAMCO HAS TEH HOPES!!!

Alright let me get this straight.

This will essentially be SCIV, minus the guest and bonus characters, with the inclusion of a new original character. Sounds good to me and sounds like the potential arcade version of the game if they ever did develop the game for arcade. Though it's a drag that it's coming to PSP (not that it really hurts me since I have one), I seriously doubt Namco won't refine it and put it on PS3 and 360.

IIRC, the first console port of T5DR was for the PSP and then ported to PS3.

On the bright side, this has proved Namco hasn't completely abandoned Soul Calibur.

On the bright side, this has proved Namco hasn't completely abandoned Soul Calibur.

This is all I'm saying. No matter what people think of this game or what they think Namco should be doing this shows that there is a future for the greatest fighting series of all time.

Sounds alright, but seriously, THIS is what bamco has been working on all this time instead of a proper SCIV expansion/patch/DLC? That's a cryin shame if you ask me. I still want more music from past caliburs too, wtf are you doin bamco?

I think namco would be lynched if they released this and no 1.04 much less DLC in general...but seriously no 1.04 and a new psp game and I'm getting my pitchfork.

I seriously pray it makes it in time for evo 09 as well. I REALLY don't want to run crying back to these forums when 2 hildes RO me out of the tournament and my money

I think its safe to say that namco will have a fully updated version comparable to this version on the ps3. BUTTTT its probably not going to be until winter time because they have to make their money on the psp version. At least we will have a brand new game come next year for evo and such.........im happy

Back