Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny-NEW GAME-

Sounds alright, but seriously, THIS is what bamco has been working on all this time instead of a proper SCIV expansion/patch/DLC? That's a cryin shame if you ask me. I still want more music from past caliburs too, wtf are you doin bamco?

Well if they've been working on "this" then what's to say they haven't been working on other stuff - say patches - as well?
Although from what I can tell, if there is a PS3/360 port of this game, IMHO they'll sell it separately and not as DLC.

DLC would be maybe $20-30?
New game in the states is $60USD, and $100AUD.
In Australia we pay the same as the yanks dollar for dollar over PSN. Yoda cost me $5 AUD. You think they're gonna let a cash cow like this lose money over shenanigans like that?

Hosnap, what if he throws cards? People will be crying broken all over again.

If he threw cards he would feel like even more of a rip off of KoF's Oswald than he already is...

/edit/ It's supposedly has a tutorial mode. Sounds like a good idea that should've been implemented sooner.

If the psp version is going to be better than 4 - they should upgrade 4 to be like the psp version

The new lighting system sounds very cool.

Don Pierre looks pretty cool - hope they bring him to 4.

The new character seems like a joke to me. Though, if he used his throne in battle I think that'd be a little redeeming.

It was pretty clearly stated that the art shown IS NOT THE NEW CHARACTER. "Details were not given beyond a name, so we're supposed to come up with our own impressions by the character art below." It'd be nifty if they used him for Dampierre's character, but we'll end up with a French half-vampire character just so Raph has company. (Dhampire = half-vampire.)

I seriously pray it makes it in time for evo 09 as well. I REALLY don't want to run crying back to these forums when 2 hildes RO me out of the tournament and my money

They aren't going to make changes right fucking before EVO. That'd screw it over, and piss everybody off (For good reason, too). It would be rather funny from an outsider's perspective, though.

From gamespot
"Our demo was limited in terms of finding out all the juicy details about the new additions, but we were told that the music was being rearranged so that it could complement the new stages."

Thank fucking god

If that ISN'T the official art of the character then I'm super disappointed in him already, because I like this guy, lol. The design is great and has a sense of humor. Gimped Riddler ftw.

I dunno how they'd patch him into 360/PS3 without removing the SW guys though. Where can he sit on the character select screen? If they do do a console SC4:BD it better have some balance changes and extra content, because 60 bucks for one new character AND losing 3 other characters without gaining anything else sounds kind of lame.

I'm hyped, regardless. GET HYPE

u guys realize they r cutting characters? Only the "core" characters will remain...

goodbye lizardman XD

Um, lizardman has been in every game since SC1. I sincerely doubt they will cut him.

If they cut ALL the characters that you have to purchase in SC4, that also means no Sophie/Amy/Cervy/etc. And I doubt that'll happen.

Uhm. Core characters include everyone except Star Wars guests and the bonus characters(hey Kowtow, NO SHURA. GO CELEBRATE!)

So Lizardman isn't going anywhere.

Honestly, why would Namco give up on Soul Calibur? It sold 2 million copies in the first week it was released. That sounds like success to me.

Regardless, this announcement annoys me. Why would they include the time of day changes in this new game and not in SCIV? It's not like it's a new feature, didn't they do that in SC3? I'm really hoping that news of a patch update along with the release or shortly after the release of this game.

If they're not going to give us new stages as DLC, I at least want the time of day change feature in SCIV.

Back