Soul Calibur Movie lol

TheBattler

[08] Mercenary
Did anyone ever hear about the supposed Soul Calibur movie?

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Soulcalibur_(film)

APPARENTLY, Jackie Chan was signed on to be the main character (Kilik?) for this film in 2001, but it never went through.

Then an American producer got the rights to make a SC movie and, if the wiki is right, they decided to give the story a craptastic story that almost has nothing to do with Soul Calibur.

"revolves around two warriors who are chosen by Shaolin monks to recover and destroy a powerful sword that has fallen into the hands of an evil prince who plans to use it to open the gates of hell and destroy the world."

>_> Maybe Xianghua and Kilik were sent to defeat Siegfried, who is instead a Prince? What?

Anyway, discussing possible ideas for a Soul Calibur movie...it definitely would not work out because it's a fighting game. Unlike most fighting games, there is alot of material in SC, but just like other fighting games and their movie counterparts, there are just too many characters.

If I were the producers of the movie, I would focus on Soul Calibur, and focus mostly on whoever actually does something in the story (which would, unfortunately, exclude Mitsurugi), maybe make cameo appearances from the other characters or something.

Or, alot of time, money, and effort could be saved and Namco could learn from other video game adaptations and just deny every producer the rights to make a film out of Soul Calibur.

If I were the producers of the movie, I would focus on Soul Calibur, and focus mostly on whoever actually does something in the story (which would, fortunately, exclude Mitsurugi), maybe make cameo appearances from the other characters or something.

I fixed this for you.

But he doesn't do anything. >_> As cool as he is, he doesn't do anything.

In the story, all he does is say he's going to go get Soul Edge, gets some sexy time with Taki, then returns to Japan.

I mean, I guess he can be in this hypothetical movie just for immense sexual tension with Taki, but...

Honestly, if there would ever be a Soul Series movie that, well...isn't a Hollywood disaster, I would have it only focus on Soul Edge/Soul Blade. It really does have a great story, and a very manageable amount of characters (10 maybe?) The focus would be primarily on Siegfried, Sophitia, Taki, and Cervantes, with the rear being brought up by strong supporting roles of Rock and Voldo (Cervantes connection), with Li Long and Mitsurugi (Long effected by Cervantes, and Mitsu effected by Long). Hwang and Mina would have minimal roles, though I do believe Hwang fights Mitsurugi somewhere. But as a last thought (you know, one of those foreshadowing events), have the fight at the very end of Mina versus Ivy, where Mina loses horribly. There, not so hard, but every other Hollywood "auteur" believes he or she can can reinvent stuff, or focus on forced "fanservice".

If I were the producers of the movie, I would focus on Soul Calibur, and focus mostly on whoever actually does something in the story (which would, unfortunately, exclude Mitsurugi), maybe make cameo appearances from the other characters or something.

Back There

Tira
Sophitia
Nightmare
Hilde
Siegfried
Kilik
Xianghua
Ivy
Cervantes
Zasalamel
Taki
Raphael
I think these are the only characters that had an important role in Soul Calibur's storyline
Everybody else was connected to one of these characters somehow.
But meh, that just my opinion:Oh! And the idea of a movie about Soul Calibur makes me cry because
of the idea it'll suck,bad. xP

Why would any of you WANT a SoulCalibur movie? Weren't Dead or Alive and Street Fighter enough to make you realize that it would flop? Movies based on games never work. I forsee a flop if it is ever made.

I just stumbled on this garbage via Google:

http://www.soulcaliburthemovie.com/

Can't wait until that comes out in 2007!

I want my 30 seconds back :)

Seriously did they ever get past the title screen in production?

Before there should be any talk of a movie, there should be a novel to see how it would play out. ....and I don't think a single 'book' would cut it. It would need to be a Trilogy or even a series (think DragonLance or LOTR). If there was any merit to the story line that could be blended into a cohesive plot, then there could be talk of a movie. Until then..... any production would be a flop and childlike in it's interpretation of the characters we love so well.

--just one guy's humble opinion.

"please try to understand...the sword of death is upon us"

you no, i think this movie woud have worked

To make a proper soul calibur movie first we're going to have to cook up a few comic characters, an excuse to bring some modern day people into medieval times, and create clear-cut factions where none should exist so that we can have a 20 minute long "final showdown". Also since some characters like mitsurugi and taki are both good guys they'll team up to fight generic rubber demons... or snake people. Yeah snake people are cool. Oh or fire guys!

Screenplay:

The movie opens on the sun setting behind the pyramids and some scottish guy tells us the tale of a timeless war between good and evil, light and darkness that never ends. 6000 years ago in Mesopotamia, A noble pharaoh sealed away an ancient evil, in the form of a sword. That sword would have the power to change the fate of nations. They called it: The sword of heroes.

Pause for rock and roll, fire and chrome logo.

Suddenly letters flash before our eyes against a black background.

Dateline: Present day. Location: Jakarta, Hidden military installation.

This hot military chick with dark hair and huge boobs is walking down this hyper-futuristic corridor that's got like, lights on the floor. She waits at a door a moment with a manilla folder in her hands, standing with her hands clasped together in front of her which makes her boobs look even HUGER. She stops to adjust her glasses and the one guard guy looks at us like "Can you believe this shit? Hey." They tell her she can go in and the camera waits in position in the circular iris doorway but follows her as she goes through and soon we have a fullscreen shot OF HER ASS. (highfive) She walks up to a large black man shuffling papers at a desk, throws the folder on that desk.

"What's this?" Asks the large black man.

"Mr. Zasalamel," she says, "We have reason to believe the swords are on the move."

The black man takes off his sunglasses and the camera moves around to the front of his face and zooms in, revealing a golden metallic orb in place of one of his eyes. he says.

"My god. We'll need a new champion then, won't we?"

*Cut to an upper class home in orange county california. There's sprinklers running and all these tacky flamingos all over the lawn and two small dogs are doing it under one. There are numerous boxes piled on top of a classic roadster.*

To make a proper soul calibur movie first we're going to have to cook up a few comic characters, an excuse to bring some modern day people into medieval times, and create clear-cut factions where none should exist so that we can have a 20 minute long "final showdown". Also since some characters like mitsurugi and taki are both good guys they'll team up to fight generic rubber demons... or snake people. Yeah snake people are cool. Oh or fire guys!

Screenplay:

The movie opens on the sun setting behind the pyramids and some scottish guy tells us the tale of a timeless war between good and evil, light and darkness that never ends. 6000 years ago in Mesopotamia, A noble pharaoh sealed away an ancient evil, in the form of a sword. That sword would have the power to change the fate of nations. They called it: The sword of heroes.

This hot military chick with dark hair and huge boobs is walking down this hyper-futuristic corridor that's got like, lights on the floor. She waits at a door a moment with a manilla folder in her hands, standing with her hands clasped together in front of her which makes her boobs look even HUGER. She stops to adjust her glasses and the one guard guy looks at us like "Can you believe this shit? Hey." They tell her she can go in and the camera waits in position in the circular iris doorway but follows her as she goes through and soon we have a fullscreen shot OF HER ASS. (highfive) She walks up to a large black man shuffling papers at a desk, throws the folder on that desk.

"Mr. Zasalamel," she says, "We have reason to believe the swords are on the move."

The black man takes off his sunglasses and the camera moves around to the front of his face and zooms in, revealing a golden metallic orb in place of one of his eyes. he says.

*Cut to an upper class home in orange county california. There's sprinklers running and all these tacky flamingos all over the lawn and two small dogs are doing it under one. There are numerous boxes piled on top of a classic roadster.*

Why'd you stop, it was just getting interesting ^_^

Screenplay:

GJ, you had me up until you went to the OC.... then i just went and flipped the channel. if you tryin to sell this movie i need to want to see it. sell it to me!!! I'm a fuckin buyer!!!

in one line.

WHAT'S YOUR MOVIE ABOUT?! if it takes you 5 minutes to sell me your idea.. it's too long. i don't have time.
sell it to me in 5 seconds...

and....

GO!

i wanna see nightmare in this , LOL .

i wanna see him do JF aGa .

and if it came out , i wish for the fightscenes to have actual moves from the respected character's moveset .

=\ it wouldve been lame , but it would be cool to watch just because it's soul calibur .

I want my 30 seconds back :)

Seriously did they ever get past the title screen in production?

Before there should be any talk of a movie, there should be a novel to see how it would play out. ....and I don't think a single 'book' would cut it. It would need to be a Trilogy or even a series (think DragonLance or LOTR). If there was any merit to the story line that could be blended into a cohesive plot, then there could be talk of a movie. Until then..... any production would be a flop and childlike in it's interpretation of the characters we love so well.

--just one guy's humble opinion.

I agree with this totally. I have been saying that I would love to see a S.C. story series written along the lines of the Diablo series. It has it where there is a central goal for all the characters and a lot of common themes but the books dont have the same characters. I wish I could explain it better but my 9th grade education is failing me now.

Yes if they made this movie you would need to have sieg be in high school and get picked on while his grandpa trains him in the ways of wielding a huge ass sword. The Nightmare awakens from his 1000 year sleep to hunt for the soul caliballs to make his wish come true

Back