Soul Calibur: The Movie! ^-^

I'm completely serious, man. He would fit the role really well, in my opinion. Can't you see their similarities?

No, but I'm guessing it would have to do with the fact that some people find them annoying. At least have an asian comedienne play X if you want to make Soul Calibur into a comedy.

I'm completely serious, man. He would fit the role really well, in my opinion. Can't you see their similarities?

jackie-chan-about-to-facepalm.jpg

Wasn't there a Soul Calibur movie rumored a while ago? Whatever happened to that?

Well apparently, Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung signed onto the project when it was announced that Namco will make a SoulCalibur movie back in 2001. Since that time, nothing had came of fruition. Then came Warren Zide, who bought the rights for the movie, changing the plot of having two warriors selected by Shaolin Monks to stop an evil prince from taking over the world. Since that time, however, nothing came of fruition except a 10 second teaser trailer and rumors of Kiefer Sutherland playing Siegfried. The movie itself is in what we in the movie industry call development hell, meaning the movie will either never be made or if made, will never see the light of day.

George Takei as Mitsurugi.

Jim Carrey as Dampierre.

George Clooney as Ivy.

George Takei as Mitsurugi? I can already see it now:
Mitsurugi: *In Sulu's voice* Oh...My

Jim Carrey as Dampierre I can see being believable but George Clooney as Ivy? That's just as worse as seeing Clooney as Batman in Batman and Robin.

it was announced that Namco will make a SoulCalibur movie back in 2001. Since that time, nothing had came of fruition. Then came Warren Zide, who bought the rights for the movie, changing the plot of having two warriors selected by Shaolin Monks to stop an evil prince from taking over the world.
I didn't know about the 2001 project, but yeah the Warren Zide one was the one I heard about a while ago. I guess it's good that his version didn't get made. Though I think I might actually enjoy Sutherland as Siegfried.

Some 15 or so years ago, back when my friends and I played Soul Edge all the time, we decided the cast for the Soul Edge movie would be:

Meg Ryan: Sophitia
Demi Moore: Taki
Mira Sorvino: Seung Mina
Dolph Lundgren: Rock
Leo DiCaprio: Siegfried
Tom Cruise: Mitsurugi
Johnny Depp: Hwang
Bruce Willis: Li Long
Jim Carey: Voldo
Antonio Banderas: Cervantes
Dennis Hopper: Soul Edge

I didn't think anyone who took the job more seriously would've been able to come up with better matches. :p

Some 15 or so years ago, back when my friends and I played Soul Edge all the time, we decided the cast for the Soul Edge movie would be:

Meg Ryan: Sophitia
Demi Moore: Taki
Mira Sorvino: Seung Mina
Dolph Lundgren: Rock
Leo DiCaprio: Siegfried
Tom Cruise: Mitsurugi
Johnny Depp: Hwang
Bruce Willis: Li Long
Jim Carey: Voldo
Antonio Banderas: Cervantes
Dennis Hopper: Soul Edge

I didn't think anyone who took the job more seriously would've been able to come up with better matches. :p
Uhmmm... Don't U think that they R 2 big names 2 play in a nowadays movie based on a videogame?
And Dennis Hopper as Soul Edge?
He should B CGI...

Uhmmm... Don't U think that they R 2 big names 2 play in a nowadays movie based on a videogame?
And Dennis Hopper as Soul Edge?
He should B CGI...
Remember, this was 15 (or so) years ago! And we may have been joking around a bit when we came up with that list...

Back