Soul Calibur V Connection Problems?

Yeah, i had alot of issues too trying to play wirelessly, 0 bars and lag fights, or 5 bars and alot of lag while playing.
Some are lucky playing without uPNP and some have to enable it on theyr router, helps getting a real bar connection.

Everyone says it's wireless that messes the connection up, I don't believe that.

I use wired and still don't get perfect connections with everyone. Plus this game is known to drop games for no reason at all, and I have played a few people who apparently had 0 bars who ended up having one of the best connections in the room lol.

So don't always believe the bars :P

My online has been unplayable since the patch was released. I live in South Jersey with Comcast ISP and my speedtest.net gets over 30 mbps. I tried enabling DMZ on my router for my ps3 and that didnt help. I tried connecting the ps3 directly to the modem with Nat type 1 and that didnt help. I finally found a solution. Go to portforward.com and follow the directions for whatever type of router your using. You are also going to have to do some research to find out the IP for the dns servers that your ISP uses in your area. I used the ports that they give you for Soul Calibur 4 on portforward.com and it has been working great. Depending on your location and ISP it seems that some people can ONLY play with port forwarding setting. Lastly, after all ports are forwaded you need to disable pnp on your ps3.

I really need to emphasize that my online was UNPLAYABLE regardless of my fast internet service speed (30mbps with docsis 3 modem and high end router) as I was getting disconnected in over 90% of my matches. It probably has something to do with my location and/or ISP limiting p2p connections. This game uses p2p so it is essential that every one find their optimal connection method. Every one of you should try to forward the ports on your router before trying the other methods... hopefully one of these methods work for you.

Method 1 = Hook ps3 directly to modem
Method 2 = Enable DMZ on router for ps3
Method 3 = Forward ports on router for ps3

I too have had serious problems connecting since the patch was released, at night anyway. And it seems to be at random; some nights its fine, others I can't finish a match with anybody, regardless of now many bars their connection reports to me.

I only have the problem on Rank matches...I can't connect to any matches at all. I can play Player Match fine though. This means I can't rank up at all and I can't get the trophies for obtaining certain ranks. :(

I use a wired connection to a NetGear router and my PS3 ports are open. I don't know what else to do...

This netcode is seriously garbage. I have a 27mbs WIRED connection. I play MK9, also known as "that game with the really shitty god awful netcode". Guess what? MK9 performs 100x better online than SCV. Yes, I have tested this with friends between the two, when my other friends who have wired good connections and I play MK - doesn't drop. When we play SCV - it drops. These are 4+ bar connections in SCV. 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars, 4 bars, 5 bars...doesn't fuckin' matter it's going to drop regardless.

Netcode is ASS. Also, Hanz from Germany, I really don't want to play you in ranked. The only reason I bought this game was because I was sick of MK9's inability to AA online.

My online has been unplayable since the patch was released. I live in South Jersey with Comcast ISP and my speedtest.net gets over 30 mbps. I tried enabling DMZ on my router for my ps3 and that didnt help. I tried connecting the ps3 directly to the modem with Nat type 1 and that didnt help. I finally found a solution. Go to portforward.com and follow the directions for whatever type of router your using. You are also going to have to do some research to find out the IP for the dns servers that your ISP uses in your area. I used the ports that they give you for Soul Calibur 4 on portforward.com and it has been working great. Depending on your location and ISP it seems that some people can ONLY play with port forwarding setting. Lastly, after all ports are forwaded you need to disable pnp on your ps3.

I really need to emphasize that my online was UNPLAYABLE regardless of my fast internet service speed (30mbps with docsis 3 modem and high end router) as I was getting disconnected in over 90% of my matches. It probably has something to do with my location and/or ISP limiting p2p connections. This game uses p2p so it is essential that every one find their optimal connection method. Every one of you should try to forward the ports on your router before trying the other methods... hopefully one of these methods work for you.

Method 1 = Hook ps3 directly to modem
Method 2 = Enable DMZ on router for ps3
Method 3 = Forward ports on router for ps3
I'll give that a shot, I have the same exact issue with a 27mbps wired connection. Driving me up the wall and if I can't resolve it, this game's getting sold.

So there's nothing we can do until they decide to improve the netcode?
MK9's netcode constantly disconnected initially...it really reminds me of that. It's good now, but man, was it hot garbage when it was new...so many DCs. IF they patch the netcode I think it'll solve a lot of the problems.

Ever since patch 1.02, I can never find a ranked match within 20 minutes of constantly waiting and refreshing whenever it can't find a match. What's worse that this occurs within the US. I'm in the midwest and I can't find shit!

Sometimes I wonder how is it that some people managed to get to the A1 Steak Sauce rank.

Yet surprising, whenever I play MK9, that online appears to be Godlike with almost nonexistent lag (only the game's input bug kills me but hey it's better than SC4)

/rant

Ever since patch 1.02, I can never find a ranked match within 20 minutes of constantly waiting and refreshing whenever it can't find a match. What's worse that this occurs within the US. I'm in the midwest and I can't find shit!

Sometimes I wonder how is it that some people managed to get to the A1 Steak Sauce rank.

Yet surprising, whenever I play MK9, that online appears to be Godlike with almost nonexistent lag (only the game's input bug kills me but hey it's better than SC4)

/rant
Yes, I spend at least 20 minutes on PSN looking for a 4+ bar connection (30% of those times it's somebody in Germany or Japan with a 4+ bar connection which I decline, because I know it'll disconnect/lag out). Really aggravating.

Just pisses me off how I got so fed up with MK9 online due to the inability to AA, and got sick of the JIP fest, to only deal with this 'phenomenal netcode' I feel like everyone who recommended this game to me, due to the netcode, owes me a few bucks.

Anyways, Namco/Project Soul needs to be aware of this, because it's clearly a problem.

So today was the first time I experienced the dc issue everyone is speaking about. It was irritating, but I played against a few other people after that and no longer had the problem. *looks at Iniquity* I don't know why it's happening to begin with, but I'm not gonna mess around too much because this is still the best online experience I've had with a fg. I'm sorry you guys are having issues.

So today was the first time I experienced the dc issue everyone is speaking about. It was irritating, but I played against a few other people after that and no longer had the problem. *looks at Iniquity* I don't know why it's happening to begin with, but I'm not gonna mess around too much because this is still the best online experience I've had with a fg. I'm sorry you guys are having issues.
I'll try to fiddle with my router settings and see if that makes any difference, post about it a few posts up, I'll try that out tonight; hopefully that'll work! Need mah MU experience lol

i believe there are still network bugs after the latest patch. can anybody else confirm. on peak days and times (ex friday evening) it is very hard to get a consistent connection without disconnecting

Looks like Namco Bandai is looking into network issues and they will be issuing a patch IF they ever find out what the problem is.

Below is my inquiry with the reply I received just today from Customer Support.

Hi Joe,
I'm surprised my email got replied one month late - to the point I despaired I would get any feedback at all.
Also, by the time I got your answer the game was behaving decently and I did not get back to you.

I took my time to test the game after each patch and right now it is worse than ever.
Saying "the game should work perfectly online" is a bold statement as there is a whole community out there bursting out of rage: http://8wayrun.com/threads/soul-calibur-v-connection-problems.10330/
Resetting the router to factory settings does not serve any purpose and my connection works perfectly in every other respect.
The game works at best when I am connected very late at night and it is absolutely unplayable in peak time.
Considering Namco's last patch (1.03) aimed to fix netcode issues I don't believe this is an unknown or isolate problem.
In my friends' case and mine, however, the last patch did not change anything.
At this point I do not expect customer support to be of help - all I have received is advices to reset the router and same happened to my peers who got in touch with you. It is not helpful.
What I am really after here is to know if the publisher has recognised the problem and if it is going to do anything to fix it - else I will just sell the game and so will my friends.
Hopefully this mail doesn't come too harsh - my apologies if it does.
---------------------------------------------------
Hi Dario,

Sorry not to be of more assistance but we need to run some basic checks before we can go any further. The fact you said it works better at night rather than during the day suggests that it could have something to do with the contention ratio/bandwidth in your area. I understand that there have been issues for a lot of SCV players online and we are looking into it. I hope that we can resolve the issues for you soon and feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joe

I think i found the solution.
See,The speed of my internet was 4 MB,and SCV was horrible online!
But now,I've upgraded it to 30MB,and it works perfectly!
So try upgrading your internet speed.

Yesterday almost every match would end up as disconnection. It made me furious because it was EVERY match being disconnected. Even 5 bar connection matches, one round later 1 bar connection and disconnect. At first I thought it was internet so I put in Mortal Kombat to ensure it was my connection, but MK online was working great so either people connection in Soul Calibur suck or the netcode sucks.

Back