Soul Calibur VI's stage (Snow-Capped Mountains) might just be the worst looking SC stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a fact that decades ago videogames were made with much more passion. The technology had limits back then but they used all the potential of the available platforms and videogame developers had creativity unlike nowadays.

Just look at Bushido Blade (a game from 1997):

You can feel ambition to create something unique there. The scenarios were interactive.

Bushido Blade had footprints in the snow... in 1997.

On Bushido Blade 2 for instance... on the bamboo forest level you were able to actually cut down the bamboo trees. (You can see that at 2:28)

We are in 2017-2018 and SC VI (20 years after) doesn't have that kind of details judging on the gameplay we have seen so far...
How is that even possible?

I wish that kind of things would return. But nope... today only money matters. It is sad.

Fortunately there are still indie projects that take a look back at the good old days and also have realistically impressive backgrounds.

Last edited:
It's so crazy that people are really jumping through all these hoops about a game thats not even out yet like they wouldn't be able to make changes as they go. Y'all are weird

It's so crazy that people are really jumping through all these hoops about a game thats not even out yet like they wouldn't be able to make changes as they go. Y'all are weird

That's the same thing I always keep telling myself. They are able to make changes... but they won't. What we see here is 90% what we will get. I don't mind about graphics I just want them to make the game with passion. I would be happy if they put some details like footprints in the snow at least to improve immersion. That's not impossible... we have seen that in 1997.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back