Soul Edge fragments

Dark_Tibu

[10] Knight
Soul Calibur and Soul Edge have clashed several times through time, and they have been destroyed many times.

In SCII almost every character received a soul edge piece. Nightmare had and incomplete soul edge. Cervenates has the fragment he kept from his battle against Sophitia. Charade was made of several fragments; Sophie had one near her heart.

SC III Tira has one fragment.

SC IV Soul Edge is completed (lie because Sophie had one, Cervantes had Ivy’s and his fragments and Tira other), and in the end destroyed.

SC V a new Nightmare is revived using several fragments. Tira has one and Pyrrah have the one her mother gave her.

So how many fragments this hellish sword has.
(Soul Calibur was created thought purification of a Soul Edge fragment).

supposedly soulcalibur doesn't exist now, because there are no "fragments" of that sword
i don't know about souledge, pyrrha is still malfested so i guess that keeps it alive. lol

sometimes i believe this was the series final

I'd say around a dozen, maybe more, SE has been around way longer then since the first Soul Edge.
As for Soul Calibur, it's technically a living sword, made from Soul Edge, but pure. I'm sure it would be able to fragment itself rather then just blowing up.

I would say more than a dozen just because of all SC II chars have one, but I think that is a mystery.

I don't remember Soul Calibur fragmenting, just changing form to be wielded by her new host.

In SCIV, SE regained almost all of its shards and reached the height of its powers for the final confrontation with Siegfried. In several character's profiles like Raphael, Talim and Xianghua, they noted the shooting stars that headed for Ostrheinsburg and these were actually the fragments that were being called by SE. Even Cervy Beards has to give up his sword that was a piece of SE and he used another one that soon became corrupted from his evil powers. The only shards that didn't return to SE was Sophitia's and Maxi shards since they were inside their bodies. Taki's Mekki-maru also has a shard but I assume the ninja's powerful control kept the shard in her sword from leaving.

After the battle where the sword slept for 17 yrs, I assume the shards disappeared off into Astral Chaos and made their way back into the world once more where Tira and the malfested gathered them to revive Nighty. After the long and tedious story mode, again, most of its shards were probably found by Dumas who's been gathering them. Except for Pyrrha's shard, Maxi's shard, and Natsu new weapon Mekki-maru that she inherited. This time, the swords faded away so I'm guessing those three shards and maybe a few more are still left in this world.

If we follow Ivy's theory though, SE is never truly gone until all of its presence in the earthly world is vanished. There was a reason why she killed all those connected to SE in SCII or something :/ Wow, she kinda reminds me of Patty Cake now. The second theory that she came up with is Astral Chaos, SE's home. That place was SE's refuge and it too should probably be destroyed or sealed.

*Random thought---> I wish SCIV had an opening showing the shooting stars/SE fragements and have all the chars look up at the skies with a determined, worried, pleased, etc different emotions insert here look. Would have added dramaticness as they all head there and see that ugly Tower of Souls.

If we assume that SE shards are in Astral Chaos, and the only way to prevent them from returning to the world is to close the portals, so far we only have seen 2, 1 that closed when both Alexandra made the swords fade, and 1 in Kilik cave.

I think Tira keeps the fragment she shows Pyrrah in story mode, because she just vanished after giving Pyrrah SE

If we could see somehow the complete story of SCV and during the 17 yrs we can have a better idea of what happened to the rest of the cast, the remaining fragments and clean up the holes the story have right now.

Random Theory:
What if kali-yuga and deppabara-yuga are relics infused with shards of the swords, because they were used to return it's power to SC.

I think bout....there is many since it was destroyed again, but to be true I think to destroy both one need to do something like Cassandra SC IV ending, destroy a semi-complete Soul Edge let freeze and destroy Soul Calibur without the "two main bodys" the fragments should lose they power.

supposedly soulcalibur doesn't exist now, because there are no "fragments" of that sword
i don't know about souledge, pyrrha is still malfested so i guess that keeps it alive. lol
I think Siegfried still has a SC shard in his body. That's why he can still gain the ice abilities in SCV without the use of the sword.

For the most part, these following people have Soul Edge shards:
-Pyrrha has one in her body after she got it from Sophitia

-I don't think Maxi has one, but whatever resurrected him between SC1 and SC2 involved Soul Edge shards, so I guess that counts. Why has he not been affected by it yet is beyond me.

-Taki had one in Mekki-Maru that she sealed occasionally, but she gave Mekki-Maru to Natsu. You can see it when Patroklos fights Natsu in the story mode (The one attached to her hip). A bad mistake for Natsu as it's going to make Natsu's sanity even worse, but this would be GLORIOUS to see.

-I think Tira has one too. If so, I'm not surprised.

-In Nightmare's prologue it says that Soul Edge was scattered all over the world, and minions, whoever they are, gathered "as much of the sword as they could", so I have a feeling that more shards are still around.

So far those are the fragments that we now are still there, and a bunch of them scattered around.

Maybe Z.W.E.I or Viola have one, because their past is a total mystery.

make Natsu's sanity even worse, but this would be GLORIOUS to see.

That could be interesting, Natsu losing control of Arahabaki.

So far those are the fragments that we now are still there, and a bunch of them scattered around.

Maybe Z.W.E.I or Viola have one, because their past is a total mystery.

That could be interesting, Natsu losing control of Arahabaki.
Pfffff everybody knows that Z.W.E.I is Talim lost son. Yah mysterious....and stuff like the moon

Pfffff everybody knows that Z.W.E.I is Talim lost son. Yah mysterious....and stuff like the moon

I have this strange nagging suspicion he's the kid at that watermill village she supposedly cured. Perhaps she thought she cured him, but he still retained some of its essence or what not. (>*.*)?

Just something interesting is that the watermill village boy was experimented on by his father and then when the crazy guy got captured, the boy saved the rest of the children and ran for it. If this kid was Zwei, he would have a reason as to why he doesn't want to talk about his family or himself very much. Then there's also that small similarity in his weapon and Talim in their artwork, and the way Zwei acts could be Talim's influence on him, his brave nature from the past and the fact that he was once malfested (or still slightly is). Of course, this is very wild speculation and there's like nothing about my mysterious wolf boy so I could be crazy. (>C_C)

*Random thought---> I wish SCIV had an opening showing the shooting stars/SE fragements and have all the chars look up at the skies with a determined, worried, pleased, etc different emotions insert here look. Would have added dramaticness as they all head there and see that ugly Tower of Souls.

That would've made for a better opening and have some conflict about what the shooting stars were about. That would've made a lot of things interesting (and some sense). Not to mention a lot for us to discuss about including the origins of Astral Chaos.

I think Siegfried still has a SC shard in his body. That's why he can still gain the ice abilities in SCV without the use of the sword.

-I don't think Maxi has one, but whatever resurrected him between SC1 and SC2 involved Soul Edge shards, so I guess that counts. Why has he not been affected by it yet is beyond me.
That pretty much explains the powers Siegfried still have. I don't think he was ever control or possessed by SC. And as for Maxi, thanks to Edge Master, he helped him overcome that dark energy, so that's why he hasn't been affected.

Random Theory:
What if kali-yuga and dvapara-yuga are relics infused with shards of the swords, because they were used to return it's power to SC.
Both the Kali Yuga and Dvapara Yuga would be just as powerful as SC and SE. Kilik wouldn't be able to handle such power, given the fact that he has muted evil energy from SE and that he would have to concentrate on his purifying abilities a lot more to harness the power. Imagine if Xiba had the Kali Yuga and try to figure out how to harness its power or Leixia, with the Dvapara Yuga. I think both of them would go crazy, unless Kilik helped them on how to balance the energies within those relics.

Both the Kali Yuga and Dvapara Yuga would be just as powerful as SC and SE. Kilik wouldn't be able to handle such power, given the fact that he has muted evil energy from SE and that he would have to concentrate on his purifying abilities a lot more to harness the power. Imagine if Xiba had the Kali Yuga and try to figure out how to harness its power or Leixia, with the Dvapara Yuga. I think both of them would go crazy, unless Kilik helped them on how to balance the energies within those relics.
That can be true, but so far we know that SE fragments Malfest their owner unless there willpower is strong enough to not to be controlled or even show the malfestation. But when talking about SC fragments we have no idea, we can asume Siegfried have a fragment because he still have the crystallization/ice ability in his CE.

I came up with this theory because Kali Yuga and Dvapara Yuga where used to restore SC power.

That can be true, but so far we know that SE fragments Malfest their owner unless there willpower is strong enough to not to be controlled or even show the malfestation. But when talking about SC fragments we have no idea, we can asume Siegfried have a fragment because he still have the crystallization/ice ability in his CE.

I came up with this theory because Kali Yuga and Dvapara Yuga where used to restore SC power.
Okay then. Then I suppose that both items could be vital to SC, since it was one of the three sacred treasures of the Ling Sheng Su Temple and SC was disguised as the Krita Yuga.

Would the Kali-Yuga and the Dvapara-Yuga be considered parts of SC and SE considering the fact they're linked to SC? Though I'd expect that to not be the case.

Would the Kali-Yuga and the Dvapara-Yuga be considered parts of SC and SE considering the fact they're linked to SC? Though I'd expect that to not be the case.
That could be since both were in the Ling Sheng Su temple along with Soul Calibur (then known as Krita-Yuga), and even so, those two items were used to remake SC in the SC5 Storyline. Not to mention, Kilik absorbing both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge's powers in his SC4 ending, and if someone were to touch the Kali Yuga, it would become another Soul Edge. I know that's a bit of information, but yeah, there is a connection that both Kali Yuga and Dvapara Yuga are parts of SC and SE through those interactions that I've mentioned.

Back